Countdown to Celebrity Edge!

jv_nyc

New ships generally do 7 night sailings, so I'm not at all surprised. That's just the way it is. I'm thrilled that she's sailing from Port Everglades - but I live in South Florida.

Me too! Love Port Everglades!

Congrats....but there are no prices and deck plans yet:confused:

Not exactly - was told 1949 PP for Concierge C3 and 1999 PP for C2. No deck plans yet. I'm hoping the rep will put me in a good location, or will change it once we see deck plans.

Deck Plans! http://www.celebritycruises.com/ships/celebrity-edge?tab=Staterooms%2Fships%2Fcelebrity-edge%2Fstaterooms#Deck_Plans/ships/celebrity-edge/deck-plans you must click on the deck plans tab!

Staterooms are here, most public venues are not. Lots of things about the layout remind me of S-class. The retreat being all the way forward on the top deck I think is something that won't impact the rest of us too much, and Luminae is forward 2 decks below that.

I am sure this design will appeal to some people but definitely not to us.

Too Gimmicky (think RCCL)

Too Suite-centric (think NCL Haven)

Too big--what happened to "smaller than S class?"

Caribbean--not

Pricing--not

Well while watching the feed my phone rang....it was Celebrity! Well I am booked on the Dec 16th inaugural in a balcony on deck 6...that supposedly is a solo balcony. Pricey but what the heck...early Christmas present!!!!!!!

If the colors on the deck plans hold true to what is familiar from M-class and S-class, then all of the Aqua class cabins are aft of midship on decks 9 and 10 and do not adjoin the spa they way they do on S-class. Concierge cabins are forward on deck 10 and then on Decks 11 and 12.

Having sailed on Celebrity for years, I am blown away by how innovative this is. I can't wait to enjoy this class of ship. The regular room balcony concept is fantastic and the upper decks are beautiful. We spend 90 percent of our time outside now, It may be 100% now...

I am sure this design will appeal to some people but definitely not to us.

Too Gimmicky (think RCCL)

Too Suite-centric (think NCL Haven)

Too big--what happened to "smaller than S class?"

Caribbean--not

Pricing--not

Agreed:

Too modern and gray

Not inviting decor- looks depressing..

Other than the Magic Carpet and a few outdoor spaces, has an exterior rendering photo of the entire ship been released? The Magic Carpet looks a little gimmicky, but perhaps in the context of the ship's exterior, it might not look as strange.

Anyone have any cost???

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Forums mobile app

If you look back a few posts, I posted some pricing. It's basically about 2000 pp for Concierge class for the 12/16/18 sailing, and about 500 pp more for the Christmas sailing.

That's the highest I've ever paid for a 7 night sailing (about 285 pp per night before taxes, fees, port and insurance) for the Inaugural.

Agreed:

Too modern and gray

Not inviting decor- looks depressing..

Hi Isabella,

I wish they would have gone with more wood tones and colors, but it's worth noting that the final product might be somewhat different than the renderings displayed today. I liked what I saw - but I suspect there's plenty of additional details to come.

I'm definitely keeping an open mind, and a positive outlook.