Countdown to Celebrity Edge!

jv_nyc

Some of the information I received was incorrect, such as no inside cabins, but some appears to be correct like new design for tenders. My guess is that the concept of a large ship that can get into smaller ports is correct and we will see this reflected in future itineraries.

Agreed:

Too modern and gray

Not inviting decor- looks depressing..

Many said the same about Solstice before her launch and she was anything but grey or depressing. These are top designers on the cusp of current trends and tastes in the industry, I expect once seen in person she will be as stunning, if not more so, than the Solstice Class are :D

If you look back a few posts, I posted some pricing. It's basically about 2000 pp for Concierge class for the 12/16/18 sailing, and about 500 pp more for the Christmas sailing.

That's the highest I've ever paid for a 7 night sailing (about 285 pp per night before taxes, fees, port and insurance) for the Inaugural.

Great thx! I think I'll wait for all the kinks and hype to fade away before we book....hopefully by then prices lower

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Forums mobile app

I know they didn't say anything but that big boxy thing at the pool deck looks suspiciously like a movie screen.

I wish I had taken the bet of someone on this board awhile back who swore there would be no lawn club.

Looking to see deck plans and what restaurants, etc are on the ship.

Wonder if Michaels club (name only) is now gone.

Really excited about the S1 corner afts; balcony is 166 sq ft....same interior size...hold on the inaugural...going fast..the Christmas and New Years go up substantially...

Michael's Club is still there!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Many said the same about Solstice before her launch and she was anything but grey or depressing. These are top designers on the cusp of current trends and tastes in the industry, I expect once seen in person she will be as stunning, if not more so, than the Solstice Class are :D

She's stunning as is. Do people think these designers don't know what they're doing? I'd sail on her just for the design and style.

BTW, this is coming from someone currently enrolled in a high-ranking interior design program.

Edited by OfTheSeasCruiser

Great thx! I think I'll wait for all the kinks and hype to fade away before we book....hopefully by then prices lower

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Forums mobile app

I'll also wait until I'm on Silhouette in 5 weeks to book. The best prices appear to be early or late. I don't think that you'll see prices decrease for early cruises. Of course the ship might be ready early and new dates will be added at bargain prices as happened with Solstice. It was about the same time of year.

I know they didn't say anything but that big boxy thing at the pool deck looks suspiciously like a movie screen.

I wish I had taken the bet of someone on this board awhile back who swore there would be no lawn club.

Looking to see deck plans and what restaurants, etc are on the ship.

Wonder if Michaels club (name only) is now gone.

Still there!!!!

Really excited about the S1 corner afts; balcony is 166 sq ft....same interior size...hold on the inaugural...going fast..the Christmas and New Years go up substantially...

Michael's Club is still there!

The suite and zenith room is not called Michaels club so I'm wondering where if at all it would be. It's called the Retreat Lounge.

Hi Everyone,

While Mr Fain & Ms Lutoff-Perlo make an excellent and welcome presentation (Thank you Celebrity !)... One thing that Celebrity missed on big time, was the lack of enthusiasm from the live audience. That's what you get when you invite mostly media, who do not have any loyalty or enthusiasm for the brand. It sounded like they were going for a root canal :)

It's a shame that Celebrity didn't invite a handful of loyal Captains Club members who reside in South Florida (cough) and points elsewhere. I'm sure the added excitement would have made it like a taping of the Price is Right :). IMHO, a higher level of enthusiasm would have gone a long way today.

At any rate, we can happily begin the countdown for Celebrity Edge. 643 days to go until the first revenue sailing - but who's counting ! LOL

Hi Everyone,

While Mr Fain & Ms Lutoff-Perlo make an excellent and welcome presentation (Thank you Celebrity !)... One thing that Celebrity missed on big time, was the lack of enthusiasm from the live audience. That's what you get when you invite mostly media, who do not have any loyalty or enthusiasm for the brand. It sounded like they were going for a root canal :)

It's a shame that Celebrity didn't invite a handful of loyal Captains Club members who reside in South Florida (cough) and points elsewhere. I'm sure the added excitement would have made it like a taping of the Price is Right :). IMHO, a higher level of enthusiasm would have gone a long way today

At any rate, we can happily begin the countdown for Celebrity Edge. 643 days to go until the first revenue sailing - but who's counting ! LOL

Absolutely agree!! Don't know if I would have attended, but at least Zeniths and those close to Zenith should have been invited. I would have made it more of a celebration rather than a formal presentation. Bet many would have booked on the spot if invited. I'm certain that their approach to the launch was fully discussed and they made what they felt was the best decision.

Love the new concept in verandas! The folding glass doors and the ability to raise a window up from the railing!

WOW!

REALLY happy that they kept the bathroom a single unit and resisted the temptation to move the sink into the middle of the living room.

Probably late '19 for us, we are booked 2 a year until then, but worth the wait.

I was told that it is still there; that is all I can say...

If Michaels is still around, and I suspect it should be - I hope they move away from the reverse L-Shape design on the S-Class, and make the room better suited for Piano performers and singers etc.

If Michaels is still around, and I suspect it should be - I hope they move away from the reverse L-Shape design on the S-Class, and make the room better suited for Piano performers and singers etc.

How many lounges do you need for suites?

One in the "Retreat" and Michael's too?

Seems like overkill.

Ship looks very modern. And from the way the brand is going, it seems to be alright... I do have a concern though, after looking at the deck plans there are only 3 hot tubs? How in the world is that going to work on a ship larger than the S class?

Also has there been a release of the exterior of the ship. All I can seem to find are interior renderings.

Absolutely agree!! Don't know if I would have attended, but at least Zeniths and those close to Zenith should have been invited. I would have made it more of a celebration rather than a formal presentation. Bet many would have booked on the spot if invited. I'm certain that their approach to the launch was fully discussed and they made what they felt was the best decision.

Looks like it was just a press event and for the life of me, don't know what purpose Nate served.

Ship looks very modern. And from the way the brand is going, it seems to be alright... I do have a concern though, after looking at the deck plans there are only 3 hot tubs? How in the world is that going to work on a ship larger than the S class?

Also has there been a release of the exterior of the ship. All I can seem to find are interior renderings.

Hi there...I cannot find deck plans anywhere. They keep saying stay tuned on the Celebrity site. Can you tell me where you found them? Thanks.

If it is around, I hope they don't go back and make it a Cigar lounge, seems like that fad has passed.