Countdown to Celebrity Edge!

jv_nyc

In the literature put out by Celebrity, they say that 99% of the staterooms on The Edge have a king bed - not two twins put together to look like a king that can be separated by your stateroom attendant, but a KING bed - has anyone investigated this?? Because if this is true, then that's not ok. MANY people travel that are not couples.......2 friends, a parent and adult child, etc, etc......this has me concerned and I wanted to ask about this, see if any of you have info on this.

Phone and ask. I've seen King bed referenced a lot but nowhere does it say there aren't two very large singles pushed together

Phone and ask. I've seen King bed referenced a lot but nowhere does it say there aren't two very large singles pushed together

Here's where they say it, in the online release:

Another modern luxury first for us, 99% of the staterooms on Celebrity Edge have a king-sized bed, featuring bedding from our exclusive Cashmere Collection℠ and mattresses handcrafted in Italy.

In the literature put out by Celebrity, they say that 99% of the staterooms on The Edge have a king bed - not two twins put together to look like a king that can be separated by your stateroom attendant, but a KING bed - has anyone investigated this?? Because if this is true, then that's not ok. MANY people travel that are not couples.......2 friends, a parent and adult child, etc, etc......this has me concerned and I wanted to ask about this, see if any of you have info on this.

I thought the same thing, and I did see somewhere that the king beds can be separated into two beds on the Edge. I can't remember exactly where I got the info from.

Thx.

No, same function, suite patrons and Zenith members only, with a Concierge. Somewhere in all the releases yesterday I saw a description of the area, pretty much the same as Michaels. Been trying to find it again with no luck.

Is this the one you were looking for?

Retreat Lounge

A private lounge for those in Suite Class, as well as for Captain’s Club Zenith members. This luxurious club features a large-screen TV, reading areas stocked with magazines, newspapers, and books, plus a continental breakfast. Complimentary pre-dinner drinks and tapas are served 5–8 PM daily. Its dedicated Concierge can help arrange your specialty dining, shore excursions, even handle inquiries about various ports of call. Desk hours vary by itinerary.

http://www.celebritycruises.com/ships/celebrity-edge

I thought the same thing, and I did see somewhere that the king beds can be separated into two beds on the Edge. I can't remember exactly where I got the info from.

Thx.

I sure hope you're right! If the beds can't be separated into twins, that is a game changer, no Edge Class for us, and I know, not for a lot of other cruisers as well - the option for twins is ESSENTIAL, for so very many OBVIOUS reasons.

It's not to say that the picture I saw is going to be the actual bed but the king size bed looked like it had a split in the middle. I think you should be fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hard to say. Celebrity seemed to be touting real king size beds during the reveal, not convertible twins.

This is the case on Disney Cruise Line. The beds are real king size beds, not twins that can be separated. They are awesome but it means with friends traveling together one has to sleep on the convertible sofa bed. It flips to convert to a real twin bed, and is very comfortable.

Sounds more like Azamara prices!

Exactly! I was quoted appx 2500pp for a concierge (C2) type of cabin incl 2 perks. So 5000.00 for a ho-hum 7 day Caribbean sailing. Thanks, but no thanks. I don't need to experience a new ship that bad. I'll wait until the novelty wears off and better itineraries are offered.

Is this the one you were looking for?

Retreat Lounge

A private lounge for those in Suite Class, as well as for Captain’s Club Zenith members. This luxurious club features a large-screen TV, reading areas stocked with magazines, newspapers, and books, plus a continental breakfast. Complimentary pre-dinner drinks and tapas are served 5–8 PM daily. Its dedicated Concierge can help arrange your specialty dining, shore excursions, even handle inquiries about various ports of call. Desk hours vary by itinerary.

http://www.celebritycruises.com/ships/celebrity-edge

Yes, thank you....

Our first ever cruise was on Reflection on February 25th - excited to have booked a 2/24/19 sailing on Edge last night!

Excited to say that we'll be joining you! Booked a center sunset veranda on Deck 10 last night. Sure wish someone could find an aft rendering.

I hear you Don. Personally, I'd be very surprised if they went back to the cigar bar format from many years ago. We'll see what happens.

Hope you are doing well Don - so nice to see you posting !

Thanks Andy, are we still doing the cruise together in Sept.

Exactly! I was quoted appx 2500pp for a concierge (C2) type of cabin incl 2 perks. So 5000.00 for a ho-hum 7 day Caribbean sailing. Thanks, but no thanks. I don't need to experience a new ship that bad. I'll wait until the novelty wears off and better itineraries are offered.

For $3099 you can jump to a S1 with all four perks and an additional $100 OBC from your TA. Which IMHO seems much better value for money.

Sounds more like Azamara prices!

I'd be very interested to know how an Edge suite experience compares to a similarly priced cruise from AZ.

I know I'm comparing apples with oranges because there are so many variables, but in terms of food, entertainment, service and the quality of the stateroom I'm wondering who'd win etc.

I booked a S3 with 4 perks for $2599pp. Prices went up quickly!

I'd be very interested to know how an Edge suite experience compares to a similarly priced cruise from AZ.

I know I'm comparing apples with oranges because there are so many variables, but in terms of food, entertainment, service and the quality of the stateroom I'm wondering who'd win etc.

Arizona, London Bridge....