Which is better - Bahamas or Caribbean

Won't have much money for excursions so which has better ports for wandering around and beaches?

I love the Caribbean too, but you haven't shared how many nights you're considering for your cruise. If it's a short cruise, one of your ports will be free - Coca Cay, which I highly recommend - with a Bahamas cruise.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Forums mobile app

I'm looking at 2 different cruises a 7 night Caribbean on Brilliance and a 6 night Bahamas on a Carnival cruise. Both about the same price. The caribbean is Tampa, Key West, Sea, George Town, Cozumel, Costa Maya, Tampa. The Bahamas is Charleston, sea, Freeport, Half Moon Cay, Nassau, Sea, Charleston. We have been to Tampa and Charleston before all the rest would be new. I know Half Moon Cay is a free day but are the rest easy to get around and good beaches close to port.

Definitely pick the 7 night Brilliance. Its one more day and better ports. If you are on the west coast, why not consider a cruise departing from there?

We have seen the west coast. Have lots of air miles to use as well. So why not an east coast.

Select a cruise that includes a stop at the Cruise line's private island. Especially if you aren't interested in sightseeing excursions. Visiting beaches when in port can be expensive (taxi fare, chair rental, umbrella rental, food, drink, etc...). I paid $100 per person for a day at Blue Lagoon in Nassau, Bahamas. Whereas, the day at NCL's Great Stirrup Cay, was free. And after all, it's the same ocean, same sun, etc...

Select a cruise that includes a stop at the Cruise line's private island. Especially if you aren't interested in sightseeing excursions. Visiting beaches when in port can be expensive (taxi fare, chair rental, umbrella rental, food, drink, etc...). I paid $100 per person for a day at Blue Lagoon in Nassau, Bahamas. Whereas, the day at NCL's Great Stirrup Cay, was free. And after all, it's the same ocean, same sun, etc...

I didn't remember paying that much for Blue Lagoon... had to look it up. $84/ea last year. Felt cheaper as the kids were free. So figure about $40/ea. This was actually one of our favorite beach days we have done on a cruise. We thought the island was awesome with the most perfect swimming area (the lagoon) and enjoyed the boat ride also (kids loved the boat ride).

At some point, the cost becomes irrelevant. What's $40/$80 for a beach day on vacation, really? Mind you, it included lunch and transportation also. But yes, I do think the cruise line private island is great for beach days. We did a recent Carnival cruise that stopped at HMC and Grand Turk - both we perfect beach days, totally free.

Easy choice if both are in your price range. Brilliance/Caribbean.

Way better ports. Much, much, much nicer ship. If you are going any time but the summer you will be in warmer weather quicker and seven is more than six.

I didn't remember paying that much for Blue Lagoon... had to look it up. $84/ea last year. Felt cheaper as the kids were free. So figure about $40/ea. This was actually one of our favorite beach days we have done on a cruise. We thought the island was awesome with the most perfect swimming area (the lagoon) and enjoyed the boat ride also (kids loved the boat ride).

At some point, the cost becomes irrelevant. What's $40/$80 for a beach day on vacation, really? Mind you, it included lunch and transportation also. But yes, I do think the cruise line private island is great for beach days. We did a recent Carnival cruise that stopped at HMC and Grand Turk - both we perfect beach days, totally free.

The Blue Lagoon has to be one of the best excursions we've ever done, a big hit with DW and our girls.

Originally, I was going to say, DEFINITELY Caribbean.

However, you cannot go wrong with Half Moon Cay. Slice of paradise!!!

Honestly, I think either way you will have a great time!!!

Let us know what you decide!!

Enjoy!!