Pacific Princess Question

Woobstr112G

In May I'll be sailing on the Pacific Princess. It will be my 11th cruise in a row on Princess but my first on the PP. I know that several things are done differently on the PP than on the larger Princess ships I've sailed on. With the aformentioned in mind, here is my question that revolves around payment of shipboard charges. I was wondering if anyone could advise if Travelers Checks are stil accepted as a form of payment. I'm an old creature of habit and still use them.

Thanks in advance for any replies.....:):):)

Bob

I would call Princess and ask

I was thinking I should do that. The only problem is you could get a different answer with each Princess CSR you talk to:D.

Seeing that Princess still accepts personal checks I can't see why they wouldn't take travelers checks.

Where you purchase travelers checks these days anyway?

I haven't seen them in years.

It is definitely getting harder to find them, but a small independent bank nearby still sells them.....:):):)

Bob

http://www.princess.com/learn/faq_answer/pre_cruise/prepare.jsp

Here's your answer in writing from Princess (well, the website anyway):

An itemized statement will be delivered to your stateroom prior to disembarkation. By providing your credit card in advance, you are automatically registered for Express Check-Out. There is no need to visit the Guest Services/Purser's Desk to settle your account. We accept U.S., Canadian, British and Euro currencies, and traveler's checks. American Express/Optima®, Diners Club/Carte Blanche®, Discover® Network, the JCB Card®, MasterCard® and Visa® are also accepted. Those paying by traveler's checks or cash will be required to leave a cash deposit with the Purser's staff at the beginning of the cruise.

Didn't they quit taking personal checks awhile ago?

Personal checks certainly aren't mentioned in the snip from the FAQ posted above. I would be amazed if they took personal checks these days.

Personal checks certainly aren't mentioned in the snip from the FAQ posted above. I would be amazed if they took personal checks these days.

I recall from a while back that personal check were allowed to be cashed but they may have well discontinued doing it recently.

Other than paying certain bills at home I can't see people actually using a personal check for much these days- especially on a cruise ship.