Nice breakdown of Edge cabins

DachshundsRule

I agree. Here is a much better video of the mock up cabin Celebrity has in their innovation lab. This really shows exactly how it would work.

And here is a Sky Suite mock up video as well which is helpful to see the size of the room.

Will all the Sky Suites have that thick bar/post in the middle of the balcony area? Additionally, it appears to have a shaped cut out balcony opening, not the standard flat rectangle type more like the old cut from the hull type ?

It look like there is less storage space in the stateroom? - the cabinet space above the beds looks gone, possibly some more drawers at the desk?

Seems like vents of some type run across where cubbies used to be situated..

cannot figure out closet size,,. But for a 7 day cruise, less storage would be ok...

Right next to the bathroom door behind the panel with the thermostat? I see now other otherwise dead space to put it in. If so, yikes. That room looks lovely but really light on storage.

My guess is it backs up to the tub, not real big.

The Youtube video (thanks to those who posted the link) seems to offer a really good overview of a balcony cabin.

As far as I can judge, it looks like a beautifully appointed higher end hotel room. But not so great for a ship's cabin? The bare desk without any visible shelf stowages will get very messy indeed. Picture all your stuff including wine bottles & glasses, camera, binoculars, sunglasses, etc. unsecured on a crowded desk surface. I don't want to be a naysayer so early in the game, but I fear that being organized will be a challenge. Although, the bathroom looks nice.

Hopefully this is not the final version. I'm also curious about the size and layout of the closet. I guess that this will be a wait and see.

The Youtube video (thanks to those who posted the link) seems to offer a really good overview of a balcony cabin.

As far as I can judge, it looks like a beautifully appointed higher end hotel room. But not so great for a ship's cabin? The bare desk without any visible shelf stowages will get very messy indeed. Picture all your stuff including wine bottles & glasses, camera, binoculars, sunglasses, etc. unsecured on a crowded desk surface. I don't want to be a naysayer so early in the game, but I fear that being organized will be a challenge. Although, the bathroom looks nice.

Hopefully this is not the final version. I'm also curious about the size and layout of the closet. I guess that this will be a wait and see.

There is no way that's the final version. Just one example is the lamp on desk that would block the tv from deign pulled out and swiveled.

I hope the room looks bigger in person. It looked smaller than a regular balcony cabin.

re: balcony size comparisons. does anyone know what the approx. square footage of the larger angled hump balconies are on S class? they're highly sought out cabins because of their balcony size but are the same cost as other same-class cabins. i just know someone on here was curious enough to know how big they were and brought a tape measurer with them :') I always book those and only once had to book a regular cabin without it because all the others in the class i wanted were booked. i was just wondering so we could compare the approx. square footage celebrity has given us thus far regarding the edge balconies :)

re: balcony size comparisons. does anyone know what the approx. square footage of the larger angled hump balconies are on S class? they're highly sought out cabins because of their balcony size but are the same cost as other same-class cabins. i just know someone on here was curious enough to know how big they were and brought a tape measurer with them :') I always book those and only once had to book a regular cabin without it because all the others in the class i wanted were booked. i was just wondering so we could compare the approx. square footage celebrity has given us thus far regarding the edge balconies :)

Some are just under triple the size of a standard balcony and some just under double the size.

I also don't see any sort of vanity. I like to do paperwork at a desk, not sitting on the bed.

There is no way that's the final version. Just one example is the lamp on desk that would block the tv from deign pulled out and swiveled.

I hope the room looks bigger in person. It looked smaller than a regular balcony cabin.

TVs are now in front of the bed and no longer above desk area.

I also don't see any sort of vanity. I like to do paperwork at a desk, not sitting on the bed.

There is a desk that slides out from the set of drawers so it can be stored away to save space. If you look closely in the video it is pulled out slightly next to the chair.

the video (post 24) was of a sky suite...the bed faces the ocean...tv is above the desk...the lamp (which I assume if fixed to the desk/dresser/vanity) wouldn't let the tv open out from the wall (without some odd closure mechanism).

the video (post 24) was of a sky suite...the bed faces the ocean...tv is above the desk...the lamp (which I assume if fixed to the desk/dresser/vanity) wouldn't let the tv open out from the wall (without some odd closure mechanism).

My bad. I thought you were referring to the reg. Balcony cabins.

I'm torn between the Sunset Veranda and the Concierge veranda. The SV stateroom is much larger (314 sq. ft.) and aft. The Concierge veranda comes with lots of extra services, but is smaller (243 sq. ft.) and is the same price as the SV. I've never sailed on Celebrity before. Is Concierge worth the sacrifice of space?

Thanks in advance for your opinions!

I'm torn between the Sunset Veranda and the Concierge veranda. The SV stateroom is much larger (314 sq. ft.) and aft. The Concierge veranda comes with lots of extra services, but is smaller (243 sq. ft.) and is the same price as the SV. I've never sailed on Celebrity before. Is Concierge worth the sacrifice of space?

I wouldn't say there are "lots of extra services" with a concierge cabin.

There might be a list of extras, but I personally don't think that they are worth extra (or much extra).

(if they still offer more elite points for that level, that is a good benefit)

SV. Concierge amenities are worthless.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Saw that in the video...can't be sure from models, but looks like TV watching will be from bed rather being able to swivel the TV for viewing from the couch..?????

We booked AQ with bed by balc ...realized that was the configuration too late to change rooms. .Looks like it will be tight with balc doors open. We prefer trad balcony but not available in AQ....these seem more like shelteted hull balcs on QM2

Still excited to see how it shapes up

I agree. Here is a much better video of the mock up cabin Celebrity has in their innovation lab. This really shows exactly how it would work.

And here is a Sky Suite mock up video as well which is helpful to see the size of the room.

Sink looks more like a trough. Also, I'm wondering where exactly this increase in storage space is. The night stands certainly won't hold anything now.