Question about check in on the ship

Please no flaming....due to an real emergency we had to change our flights from this morning to the day of sailing which is tomorrow. We never do this and know how risky it is. Which is why we are trying to think of all scenarios . We get in at 12:15, the only flight we could change to and the ship sails at 4:00. Flying into Fort Lauderdale leaving from Port Everglades.

First of all the boarding pass is confusing and crown and anchor has been no help. It says boarding is between 12 and 3 pm. However the fine print says 90 minutes prior to sailing. Which is it?

Next if our bags are delayed the next flight they might be on is at 1:30 so available about 2 p.m. In this case could we get to the ship, check in and high tail it back to the airport for bags? Do we have to physically be on the ship By the check in time or could we check in and leave? I am guessing it's about 45 minutes round trip including getting the bags.

I know this is crazy, just thinking ahead. This was our only option or cancel the cruise so we are going to go for it.

Royal has been inconsistent (no surprise there) in stating how late someone could check-in. They used to say 90 minutes before scheduled departure, but lately I've seen documents that show 60 minutes before scheduled departure. I'd go with the 90 minutes to be safe. I also think that if you find your bags are delayed, it's best to check-in and get your SeaPass cards, and then go back to the airport.

I feel for you. Last-minute unexpected travel changes can be stressful. Let us know how you go on with things! I don't have any recommendations except put as many items in carry-on as possible in case the bags don't make it? Worst case scenario you could buy more-than-expected souvenirs (clothing) at the ports. [emoji2]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Please no flaming....due to an real emergency we had to change our flights from this morning to the day of sailing which is tomorrow. We never do this and know how risky it is. Which is why we are trying to think of all scenarios . We get in at 12:15, the only flight we could change to and the ship sails at 4:00. Flying into Fort Lauderdale leaving from Port Everglades.

First of all the boarding pass is confusing and crown and anchor has been no help. It says boarding is between 12 and 3 pm. However the fine print says 90 minutes prior to sailing. Which is it?

Next if our bags are delayed the next flight they might be on is at 1:30 so available about 2 p.m. In this case could we get to the ship, check in and high tail it back to the airport for bags? Do we have to physically be on the ship By the check in time or could we check in and leave? I am guessing it's about 45 minutes round trip including getting the bags.

I know this is crazy, just thinking ahead. This was our only option or cancel the cruise so we are going to go for it.

Is there anyway you can pack only in carryons and not have to wait for luggage? That would save you time, but I completely understand if that isn't possible, I know I would have a hard time doing it. I would pack all essentials in carryons and be prepared to forego checked luggage if it is delayed. I don't think you will have enough time to wait or even go check in and go back for luggage.

I checked the port schedule and you are leaving from terminal 18.

https://pevvesseltraffic.broward.org/webx/

As far as the 60 vs 90 minutes, our most recent cruise (last month), the paperwork said you needed to be on board 60 minutes prior to sailing. I think they said 90 minutes in the past since people cut it so close. I understand that you had planned differently and life threw a curve ball.

You can only control so much of this and tomorrow is going to be very stressful until you have that sea pass in hand and are walking up the gangway. At least you are a quick cab ride away from the port and FLL is a fairly small airport and you don't have to walk miles to get to your luggage.

Good luck! Tomorrow is St Patrick's Day, wear green and maybe the luck of the Irish will be with you!;p:D

Hope you make it! Had to reroute my flight and buy a hotel for my cruise on 3/25 due to expecting weather here in Baltimore. Otherwise, I'd have been in the same boat!

Wait, what? You know what the weather will be in 9 days?

Thanks for the encouragement y'all. We have insurance so will just do a lot of praying tomorrow.

I will pack the carryons to the brim preparing for the worst. Its a 10 day cruise and we like to dress for dinner every night but if the bags don't show we will be in shorts and causal dress. My daughter took a honeymoon cruise without their bags so we know it can happen.

This has been a rough week...hopefully by 3 pm tomorrow we can start to relax.

Many people fly in the morning of the cruise and it's usually OK. Yes, there are those rare instances where something happens, but that is not the norm.

At FLL, you are very close to the port. Taxis are plentiful. Chances are that your luggage will make the flight, and you'll be fine. Try not to stress over the worst case scenario (easier said than done, I know!).

Just last month in February we flew in to FLL the day of our cruise. I believe we landed around 11 or so. Got a taxi very quickly and was at the port and on the ship within an hour. Very close to the port. The only issue we had was a bit of traffic. Our taxi driver got to deal with that. He was an aggressive driver. He made room for his mini van.

I see you are from Texas as well. We flew out of DFW and our flight was delayed about 45 minutes due to not having our plane ready.

I could get by with just carry on luggage but ain't no way my wife could.

Depending on your airline, you can pay for priority boarding (or some version of it) - this usually involves a baggage perk as well. Make sure you arrive at the airport plenty early, check in at a counter, tell the gate agent you are getting on a cruise and watch them put the stickers on your luggage - you should be fine. The port is ridiculously close to the airport. It will be stressful, but as long as your flight is on time you should be fine.

Good luck, I hate to see you go through so much stress!

I agree with trying to take just carry ons, butif you're like me, that's impossible cause I am a total over packer!!!

The airport is close to the pier so that is in your favor....good luck!!!

Hope you can post from the ship that you made it and have a froo froo drink in hand!