2018/2019 Cruises - Anyone heard any news of when they'll be announced?

chamima

Europe has not yet been released past apr 2019. Am looking at May 2019; will have to wait another month or so. No biggie

Europe won't be released for a long time. It's one of the first to be released, what's being released now is the rest of the itineraries all to around April 2019. Probably will be late November through Feb next year.

Hi anyone know which ship is doing the LA - Hawaii- Papeete - LA in October 18. Both the Emerald and Crown look to be

heading to Australia so doesnt leave many ships up there. RubY?

The Crown is in Europe until 11/17/2018. The Golden does a Transpacific to Melbourne on 9/23/18. The Emerald isn't going back to Australia in 2018/2019 as the Australian cruises were just posted. That leaves the Emerald, Ruby, Grand and Star to do the Tahiti run.

Since Princess has been using Super Grands for the past several years I would expect the Ruby or Emerald - almost identical ships.

Looking at the port schedules for HI, the Emerald, Star and Grand are the only Princess west coast ships - not the Ruby. With the Emerald calling into Kauai on the 13 and 29th of October, I would suspect the Emerald is doing the Tahiti run.

HOWEVER, I just looked at the Papeete Port Schedule. It has the Star in port 10/31 to 11/1/18 AND the Emerald 11/11/18. The two night Star schedule is consistent with the Tahiti cruise.

Based on that schedule, the Star might be doing the run with the Emerald going somewhere else (Asia?) in a trans-pacific run.

That would make sense if the Royal does indeed go to the West Coast in 2018 and does the South American cruises along the way...

...HOWEVER, I just looked at the Papeete Port Schedule. It has the Star in port 10/31 to 11/1/18 AND the Emerald 11/11/18. The two night Star schedule is consistent with the Tahiti cruise....

Papeete schedule probably has not caught up with Princess' plans yet; Princess shows the Star doing a 7 day MR out of LA on Oct. 27, 2018. The Emerald date looks right for the Oct. 23 departure.

Re : Hawaii, Tahiti, Samoa itinerary. Emerald is doing doing fall 2018 run on Oct. 23. Star takes over the spring 2019 run, date is Mar. 24

Cheryl

How did you ever get this info?

(That was rheotorical - I don't expect you can say)

I've contacted my TA and she doesn't have that info yet.

Would you also know when bookings begin? She thinks it's May 18th but you seem to be more in the know........

Cheryl

Would you also know when bookings begin? She thinks it's May 18th but you seem to be more in the know........

I love that Cheryl has this info...wish I did! I'm anxious to find out what's on the schedule for Thanksgiving week 2018 (Nov 17-25) out of LA and SF...Cheryl, care to share what Princess is offering???

Thanks for all the interest in this Emerald LA-Papeete-LA cruise its very interesting.

Emerald appears to be in Seattle on 24th Sept 18 then nothing much at all in normal searching.

May be red herrings (if they have them in the pacific) but Nawiliwili seems to have Emerald on 13 and 29 oct 18 - I guess the latter might tie in to 23 Oct sailing and Papeete seem to have

Papeete harbor traffic

Date Way Ship Ref# Agent Gate

Tue 2018-10-09 08:00 Arrival Emerald Princess Esc: 2018/169 TSMA → PAQU

Tue 2018-10-09 18:00 Departure Emerald PrincessEsc: 2018/169 TSMA PAQU →

Sun 2018-11-11 07:00 Arrival Emerald Princess Esc: 2018/77 TSMA → PAQU

Sun 2018-11-11 22:00 Departure Emerald Princess Esc: 2018/77 TSMA PAQU →

Again the later might also fit with a 23Oct departure, gues I will have to wait until a firm

date is released. Of course if that IS 18 May we are on a cruise.

Stumbled across this which might be of interest Allegedly has Napier port schedule

up to 2022 !!!! looks like Emerald is going to be there a while.

http://www.napierport.co.nz/shipping-info/cruise-schedule/

Karen, from my TA. Maybe ask yours again?

Steve,

18 Nov 2018, Grand, 15 day Hawaii ex SF

17 Nov, Star, 7 day MR, ex LA

24 Nov. Star, 7 day MR, ex LA

19 Nov, Ruby, 15 day Hawaii, ex LA

20 Nov. Emerald, 5 day Cabo Getaway, ex LA

25 Nov. Emerald, 4 day Coastal, ex LA

And while it's not from SF, there is the 20 Nov. Island,10 day Panama, FLL to SF

Aulanis,

4 Oct 2018 Emerald, 15 day Hawaii, ex Vancouver

Steve,

And while it's not from SF, there is the 20 Nov. Island,10 day Panama, FLL to SF

Aulanis,

So it looks like out of LA will be the Star, Ruby & the Emerald. I wonder what is happening in Oct. 2018 out of LA???

Fingers crossed they are still doing the LA- Papeete-LA in some form

or other. Did a land based tour in Hawaii so it is the French Polynesia

part we are interested in. They dont seem to get well advertised in the UK so we missed both this year and march next year because we

booked on other cruises then saw these afterwards. Just seen one on the Maasdam March18 but again it overlaps one already booked. Will

have to look to see if they do other dates though no indication on the sites I looked at.

So it looks like out of LA will be the Star, Ruby & the Emerald. I wonder what is happening in Oct. 2018 out of LA???
A mix of short Cabo runs (Star) a 7 day MR (Star) 4-7 day coastals (Star,Ruby), 15 day Hawaii (Ruby) and the 28 day Hawaii-Tahiti (Emerald). Emerald out of Vancouver for most of Oct. until coming down to LA for the Hawaii-Tahiti. Edited by cherylandtk

Steve,

Aulanis,

Cheryl

I did !!!

I'm really surprised that she didn't have the latest info.

Europe won't be released for a long time. It's one of the first to be released, what's being released now is the rest of the itineraries all to around April 2019. Probably will be late November through Feb next year.

Thanks Cruise Junky; guess I will have to wait till this fall; no biggie; I have two years from this month for when I want to go

Steve,

Aulanis,

I think that might actually be a 15 night (maybe 14) .... I don't think it could be done in 10 nights unless they made no or very few stops.

Cruise Raider, you're absolutely right. I'm going cross-eyed on the tiny print. The Panama partial trips out of FLL are 10 day, but the Nov. 20 and Dec. 5 trips are both 15 days as they go to/from SF. Thanks for catching that.

To all, who think Crown and Emerald will do Australia in 2018/19 - no.

The program for Australia has just been released - Majestic, Golden, Sea and Sun are doing Australia!

Based on that schedule, the Star might be doing the run with the Emerald going somewhere else (Asia?) in a trans-pacific run.

That would make sense if the Royal does indeed go to the West Coast in 2018 and does the South American cruises along the way...

For South America, I would expect the following : Emerald is doing South America the full 2018/19 season, Royal Princess might join her in March 2019, IF she's really moving to West Coast - I am pretty sure she will be needed for Caribbean until spring 2019.

Princess did it the same way in past years: The full winter season South America has been operated by one ship (mostly Golden or Star), and Grand (2013), Crown (2014) and Ruby (2015) just used South America as repo trip from Florida to California - IMHO same should happen to Royal Princess in 2019.

I'd say West Coast USA gets those following ships:

Ruby (2018/19 fully wintered in LA); Emerald (sailing from LA until Nov 2018 and coming back in Mar/Apr 2019); Star (2018/19 fully wintered in LA), Grand (year-round based in San Francisco); Coral and Island (Panama sailings between LA/SF and Florida).

A mix of short Cabo runs (Star) a 7 day MR (Star) 4-7 day coastals (Star,Ruby), 15 day Hawaii (Ruby) and the 28 day Hawaii-Tahiti (Emerald). Emerald out of Vancouver for most of Oct. until coming down to LA for the Hawaii-Tahiti.

Cheryl,

Thanks for answering my question, but I still have a few more, sorry about that.

Is there any R/T out of LA???? I see you say, MR out of LA 7 days & R/T coastals out of LA. Those short Cabo runs (anything under 7days) I don't even consider them a full cruise. Things are just not the same on those short cruises. Unless we could add them to a real cruise. Do you know if the 28 day out of LA is R/T LA????????

I guess we might have a problem, because my DH will not cruise on the Ruby again. (long story) ,but I want to keep him happy, since he is the one paying.

Thanks for all the info,

Grace

Some people already seem to have the schedules for the additional 2018/19 schedules from West Coast which are not released yet - where did you get them?

Are there any schedules uploaded, and can you publish them here?

Coral I think used to have the schedules in advance? :confused:

This is the reply I received today to the question as to whether there would be a LA-Papeete-LA cruise by Emerald in October 2018

"We are offering two round trip voyages from Los Angeles on Emerald Princess which includes Tahiti. One on 8th October 2017 (voyage no E736) and the other is on 30 March 2018 Voyage no E808). I think these are the ones that you have already looked at, but we have no other voyages with this itinerary available to book at this time,"

So they are not giving anything away!!

Based on port schedules, the Emerald R/T from LA looks like this:

10/23/2018 Tuesday Los Angeles

10/24/2018 Wednesday At Sea

10/25/2018 Thursday At Sea

10/26/2018 Friday At Sea

10/27/2018 Saturday At Sea

10/28/2018 Sunday Hilo

10/29/2018 Monday Kauai

10/30/2018 Tuesday Maui

10/31/2018 Wednesday Honolulu

11/1/2018 Thursday At Sea

11/2/2018 Friday At Sea

11/3/2018 Saturday At Sea

11/4/2018 Sunday At Sea

11/5/2018 Monday Pago Pago

11/6/2018 Tuesday Apia

11/7/2018 Wednesday At Sea

11/8/2018 Thursday At Sea

11/9/2018 Friday Bora Bora

11/10/2018 Saturday Tahiti

11/11/2018 Sunday Moorea

11/12/2018 Monday At Sea

11/13/2018 Tuesday At Sea

11/14/2018 Wednesday At Sea

11/15/2018 Thursday At Sea

11/16/2018 Friday At Sea

11/17/2018 Saturday At Sea

11/18/2018 Sunday At Sea

11/19/2018 Monday At Sea

11/20/2018 Tuesday Los Angeles

The Bold lettered ports correspond to port schedules. I just pasted a typical 28 day R/T over, and moved some ports here and there.

There are a few anomalies in the port schedules - like the Star overnighting in Papeete and the Emerald arriving in LA 3 days early on the 17th, then again on the 20th.

But last year we went through the same exercise about the Tahiti R/T and it turned out about right in the end.

But in the end, I would assume its a safe bet that the Emerald with do the Tahiti R/T in late October. The probably transition to the South America cruises for the rest of our winter.

Cruise Raider, you're absolutely right. I'm going cross-eyed on the tiny print. The Panama partial trips out of FLL are 10 day, but the Nov. 20 and Dec. 5 trips are both 15 days as they go to/from SF. Thanks for catching that.

;););)

I am super interested in anything that the Royal Princess will be doing once they bring her to the west coast. I can't wait to have a different option over on this side of the world.

Cruise Raider, Royal comes over to LA and starts weekly Mexican Riviera out of LA starting 23 Mar 2019, last one is 27 April. 4 May is a 7 day coastal up to Vancouver. Schedule ends there, but I presume this will be the start of the Alaska itineraries.

Ronnieslady; your original question was 'what was out of LA in October'. I earlier gave you the answer to that, and yes, all are RT.

Aulanis-Sorry the information does not seem to be helpful to you. Hopefully, Princess will officially release the schedule soon. Based on last year's events, it was mid-May or so.