Hey NCL, what's up with the (almost) NO BREAD PUDDING on the Breakaway!

I was on the 2/26 BA sailing. A major selling point for me is the bread pudding offered in the buffet. In fact it's one of the, if not the key reason I book with NCL over other lines.

Usually it's the staple for the hot section of the dessert area, only occasionally displaced by a "crumble" or some other usurper.

Sure enough on the first night, as I passed the soup station and the excitement built, I saw the usual bread pudding spot occupied by some godforsaken cobbler. And it REMAINED like that for the duration of the cruise, the only change coming with the cobbler's wretched innards. Peach, to blackberry, to the utterly alien "rhubab."

Finally on Thursday I put a note in the hotel director's box at Guest Services asking for bread pudding. The next evening, to my great relief, a bowl of eggy, custardy, moist and gooey bread pudding appeared next to its traditional consort of caramel sauce. All seemed right with the world, and for a moment I was truly glad I booked NCL over RCI.

Sadly, the next day, the black cloud of rhubard cobbler again hovered over the Garden Cafe. NCL, I know you read these boards. There are no hard feelings. Maybe the supply guys forgot to order enough bread, maybe you hired a new dessert chef with a cobbler fetish. Either way, please hear my plea, and please make sure there's more bread pudding on the April 16 sailing, which I'll be on if you drop the price low enough.

I am so sorry that you had to go through that. Between those pesky kids playing music on their balcony next to you and no bread pudding I don't know how you survived. I would write a strongly worded letter to NCL executives using a lot of exclamation points.

I deed to you now, and in perpetuity, any rights or claims to which I may be entitled from Norwegian, or any other cruise line or dining establishment, land or sea based to that stodgy, glue-y, mushy (yet sometimes also weirdly kinda dry) despicable concoction that attempts to pass itself off as a dessert, especially when it has raisins in it. Gah!

But keep ya hands off my cheesecake ;)

I deed to you now, and in perpetuity, any rights or claims to which I may be entitled from Norwegian, or any other cruise line or dining establishment, land or sea based to that stodgy, glue-y, mushy (yet sometimes also weirdly kinda dry) despicable concoction that attempts to pass itself off as a dessert, especially when it has raisins in it. Gah!

But keep ya hands off my cheesecake ;)

What replace cheescake with bread pudding

Really get serious

I was on the 2/26 BA sailing. A major selling point for me is the bread pudding offered in the buffet. In fact it's one of the, if not the key reason I book with NCL over other lines.

Usually it's the staple for the hot section of the dessert area, only occasionally displaced by a "crumble" or some other usurper.

Sure enough on the first night, as I passed the soup station and the excitement built, I saw the usual bread pudding spot occupied by some godforsaken cobbler. And it REMAINED like that for the duration of the cruise, the only change coming with the cobbler's wretched innards. Peach, to blackberry, to the utterly alien "rhubab."

Finally on Thursday I put a note in the hotel director's box at Guest Services asking for bread pudding. The next evening, to my great relief, a bowl of eggy, custardy, moist and gooey bread pudding appeared next to its traditional consort of caramel sauce. All seemed right with the world, and for a moment I was truly glad I booked NCL over RCI.

Sadly, the next day, the black cloud of rhubard cobbler again hovered over the Garden Cafe. NCL, I know you read these boards. There are no hard feelings. Maybe the supply guys forgot to order enough bread, maybe you hired a new dessert chef with a cobbler fetish. Either way, please hear my plea, and please make sure there's more bread pudding on the April 16 sailing, which I'll be on if you drop the price low enough.

and what is up with your constant negative comments: It is totally unbeliev:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:able anyone would base their decision on what line to cruise on a dessert?

I am so sorry that you had to go through that. Between those pesky kids playing music on their balcony next to you and no bread pudding I don't know how you survived. I would write a strongly worded letter to NCL executives using a lot of exclamation points.

A class action suit might be just the ticket.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I have to agree that Bread Pudding was the only dessert that I really liked on NCL, and in the real world I don't even really care for it. That was indeed NCL's truly famous dessert, as opposed to all the other crappy jello-y based (but exceedingly pretty) standard desserts. Had chocolate bread pudding on the SUN and was truly delighted by the taste.

and what is up with your constant negative comments: It is totally unbeliev:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:able anyone would base their decision on what line to cruise on a dessert?

Ever heard of an Internet troll newmexicoNita? I think that we have the King of trolls here.

I do enjoy bread pudding. We had a similar experience on our last NCL cruise where the hot dessert was a rotation of various cobblers but they did work in bread pudding once or twice. That being said, it was terrible - much too eggy. I did miss my cruise dessert staple of creme brûlée however; it was only in the MDR a couple times and they ruined it with terrible flavors like pistachio [emoji35]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yep, you got me.

I'm one of those people who misses Flamingo Grill terribly. I'm not one of those people who just wants to shovel in the food and drink all cruise long, but I did love FG to bits and whined a lot about it being turned into a crappy fee chain.

And I really loved the bread pudding in the buffet on my last few cruises, to the point I was thinking "well, they'll take this away soon too".

Well played.