High tea

dm9102

Is there afternoon high tea service on adventure of the seas?

There may be a snack in the Windjammer (buffet) during the afternoon, and you may see some elements of a tea service, such as scones, but it's nothing like I've seen reported on Princess.

This is FYI and not me being snarky. :D There is no such thing as afternoon high tea. There is "afternoon tea" which is the little sandwiches and scones with clotted cream, etc. and then there is "high tea" which is more like supper...maybe hearty soup or something like shepherd's pie. (basically, simple fare) I know that the term "high tea" sounds like it should be something on grander scale , but the truth is that it isn't. :)

This is FYI and not me being snarky. :D There is no such thing as afternoon high tea. There is "afternoon tea" which is the little sandwiches and scones with clotted cream, etc. and then there is "high tea" which is more like supper...maybe hearty soup or something like shepherd's pie. (basically, simple fare) I know that the term "high tea" sounds like it should be something on grander scale , but the truth is that it isn't. :)

Not snarky at all. This was my understanding as well.

Windjammer has afternoon snacks before it switches over to dinner. All self service and nothing resembling a afternoon tea service.

If you want tea service, you need to be on Princess, HAL, Cunard or Carnival who provide it on sea days.

MARAPRINCE

I don't remember ever seeing it on Royal Caribbean. I did see it on Carnival :o. They tried to make it into this nice thing, but in reality, it was just tea in the dining room with scones. It wasn't very highly attended and I could see them cutting it out.

There was a "High" Tea on the Vision Transatlantic last year (for a fee) at Chops. This was this first time I'd ever seen and could be just a transatlantic thing but perhaps something to keep an eye out for. :confused:

And the HD put on a high tea one day on another cruise I was on..........but for the life of me, I can't remember which ship. Maybe Legend? But it was by invitation only.

RC doesn't "do" tea.

Snacks in the Windjammer or Café Promenade, whether you choose to drink tea or not, is not "tea:" ;) :)

Snacks in the Windjammer or Café Promenade, whether you choose to drink tea or not, is not "tea:" ;) :)

Agreed. I only mentioned CP because others mentioned the Windjammer. I've had high tea on some Carnival cruises in the piano bar, but not on all of them. And this probably was not true "high tea". Maybe ships from the UK have high tea. Anyone know?

And the HD put on a high tea one day on another cruise I was on..........but for the life of me, I can't remember which ship. Maybe Legend? But it was by invitation only.

RC doesn't "do" tea.

You told me on the Anthem they did it for the Pinnacles and that it was wonderful.

RC doesn't "do" tea.

Carol, could it have been on Anthem? We had High Tea in Wonderland with the HD Gordon, and a few officers on Anthem last month instead of the Pinnacle luncheon.

Maybe ships from the UK have high tea. Anyone know?

Again, as Rala pointed out above it would be "afternoon tea" not "high tea" (as high tea is a working class evening meal consisting of a mug of tea, bread, cheese, maybe a meat pie) and no, on cruises out of the UK the only afternoon tea type of thing is in the windjammer from 3pm-5pm, which is self serve but they do have scones, cream, jam and a few varieties of cake. Same as on other cruises really.

In Uk, High Tea is 1 course from a main course menu including tea and toast followed with scones and cakes. Very popular on Sunday nights or as we call Tea Time.

Any meal you eat at 5pm is high tea, people! For reference, when the servants are downstairs eating on Downton Abbey, before the family are dressing for their dinner, that is 'high tea'. Afternoon tea is very commonly mistakenly called high tea because it sounds fancy, but high tea is really just an early dinner. In the north of England, they still call their early evening meal 'tea', especially in communities where most families worked in service or in factories, followed by supper before bed.

Come to Edinburgh and you can go on Royal Yacht Brittania. We took friends on it and they still talk about it

Sent from my E5823 using Forums mobile app

Thanks Alex! I've just added that to my bucket list after having a look at the website! Been in Edinburgh quite a few times but never thought of visiting Brittania.

Thanks to all for the further clarification of "high tea". I used to think that the only thing the residents of the UK ever had for dessert was "pudding" until I learned that pudding is their word for dessert of most any sort (cake, cookies, pie, etc..) :D