Everything.. Norwegian BLISS! - launch April 2018 -

niiiice... does anyone know if the 3 day TA-only cruise between now and its first Alaska cruise depart (June 2) is an actual cruise or just a sit-at-dock style tour like they did in NYC?

trying to figure out if I can stop by the pier and get some pics of my own before Saturday! my cruise is in ~10 days!

It is an actual cruise. The christening is at 4:00 p.m. PST this afternoon so you could go down and get photos before the Bliss leaves tonight at 6:00 p.m. Otherwise, it won't be back to Seattle until Saturday morning. I board then. 3 days to go!

How exactly does the “Happy hour Prohibition-the musical” works.

Reservations?Open all days? How many shows per day? Is it hard to get a seat? What are the better seats?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I was going ask the same questions. I'm on the June 9th sailing and interested in booking Prohibition ahead of the cruise date.

When you go back a few pages, there is a link to stacy and dave haven bliss live thread. They have lots of pictures and explanations about the prohibition . It will give you a good idea of what to expect .

How exactly does the “Happy hour Prohibition-the musical” works.

Reservations?Open all days? How many shows per day? Is it hard to get a seat? What are the better seats?

Getting on Saturday

This is what I have heard

19.99 plus tax, limited shows and seats per show

it sells out, book immediately when you board

you get 5 special drinks, not full size

Audience participation, many cruisers dressd for it as flappers and wer up on stage

its not for kids, its Bawdy

Happy Hour was fun, I was dragged on stage, tied to a chair and given "shots" to drink...(water). Wasn't sitting at the front, but on the side. Front rows do get picked on, but it's nothing too bad and all in good fun. Was given a tin cocktail glass for my participation.

On the TA, not many were dressed up, but a few were. Cocktails were nice-ok. Not too strong, but five is a lot to knock back in the limited time. Tickets sold out really quick. If you can book before boarding, I suggest you do so. That facility wasn't available on the TA. I'm sure they added an extra show due to demand.

I can’t tell if she is pulling into the same cruise terminal that NCL/Oceana uses. Such a massive ship!

It's the same that NCL uses, Pier 66, right outside of Anthony's.

Those are some gorgeous photos of her at the dock.

A question for the experienced cc users. Is it correct that ncl gives free tips on drink package and or dining when you have a roll call group ?

Never heard of this. Been in many roll calls and still had to pay the tips. While I would love to save money it just wouldn’t be very fair to the hard working crew.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

A question for the experienced cc users. Is it correct that ncl gives free tips on drink package and or dining when you have a roll call group ?

No, it's not true. At the Meet & Greet, you get tips on how to enjoy your cruise but that has nothing to do with money (except how to spend it, lots of it). ;p

And just to be clear, the roll call is just a list of people who are on the same cruise, it does not assume that you will join the M&G; if you want to take part in that, you need to ask to be included. :)

You could be getting confused with "Premium All Inclusive" package. I think it's offered mostly to cruisers from the UK. All tips and gratuities are included as long as the total price of the drink isn't over $15 (I think). We had this on the Jade and Bliss and didn't have to pay anything extra. We chose to tip certain waiters etc who looked after us.

It also includes wifi for 60 mins and bottled water per day, per person. These are new offers now. We didn't get these on our Fjords cruise last June on the Jade.

IMO, the novelty of karts will wear off before the Encore rolls around. Once there are a few injuries at less-restricted speeds, they’ll be forced to restrict them down to a kiddie-ride level. At that point, $10 will be a joke.

I’m sure it’s too late, but NCL should really come up with a ropes-course equivalent for their Encore. A recreational activity that accepts a continuous & large flow of guests, is complimentary due to a low-cost to operate, and is more-special because it sits atop a cruise ship (those views from the ropes course are spectacular when out to sea).

If and when the kart announcement comes for the Encore, it’ll be a disappointment to me. I won’t care if it’s x% longer or extends out over the ship. NCL can and should do better.

I’m sure it’s too late, but NCL should really come up with a ropes-course equivalent for their Encore. A recreational activity that accepts a continuous & large flow of guests, is complimentary due to a low-cost to operate, and is more-special because it sits atop a cruise ship (those views from the ropes course are spectacular when out to sea).

If and when the kart announcement comes for the Encore, it’ll be a disappointment to me. I won’t care if it’s x% longer or extends out over the ship. NCL can and should do better.

I was just thinking about this the other day. While the carts were fun I couldn't see me going on them more than twice and now that it's almost $10 that would be once. I,too, hope they come up with something different or go back to a ropes course on Encore if it's not too late to make that change in the design.

I was just thinking about this the other day. While the carts were fun I couldn't see me going on them more than twice and now that it's almost $10 that would be once. I,too, hope they come up with something different or go back to a ropes course on Encore if it's not too late to make that change in the design.

So not to burst your bubble, but NCL and all other companies are are in this game to make money... They want to raise the bar with Laser tag and Karts to generate $$$.... Ropes make Zero... Or next time hit up a ship with the mini golf and ropes.. Me I'm glad for the new option.. I'll pay 10 bucks a day to ride and skip the last Margarita...