Move Over request

KevintheIrishDJ

Every offer may be a little different. I doubt anyone on Cruise Critic will know exactly what is included in your offer. Make sure you have everything verified in writing (in an email) before you accept and that you understand exactly what they are offering.

It says we get a refund in "Ship's Credit". Do we ALSO get a free cruise? How do we "cash in" the refund?

A little hard to tell without getting more information on the offer. But basically yes, if that is what the offer says. You get to go on the cruise and they give you the amount you paid back as ships credit.

Usually in such a case you get ship credit in the form of refundable OBC on the new cruise. Any remaining refundable OBC that you don;t spend will get refunded after the cruise ends, usually by check a few weeks after.

I got two move over offers in the past 6 months but couldn't take advantage of either one. But both had very similar offers. They offer the refund in future OBC so that you are forced to take another cruise in order to cash it out. My assumption was that the "free" cruise would still incur gratuities and port fees, but I didn't confirm that.

It says we get a refund in "Ship's Credit". Do we ALSO get a free cruise? How do we "cash in" the refund?

Details of move over offers may vary. It may be misleading to give an opinion if we have different experiences.

The offer we received before has this details. is it the same as yours?

**SPECIAL OFFER FOR Regal PRINCESS GUESTS!**

Princess is extending a special offer to guests booked on the Oct 1, 2016 Regal Princess sailing. Move to another sailing of your choice up to 10 days, anywhere in the world and receive:

* 100% cruise fare refund (as refundable onboard credit)

* Free Stateroom upgrade!

* Princess ez air program will be protected

• 2 weeks later...
You get nothing from Princess for accepting the Move Over. You are actually paying for the Move Over cruise with the refund OC you receive.

Not so. You get your fare refunded as obc on the next cruise. That cruise is free. Any unused obc will be returned in a check after the cruise.

Not so. You get your fare refunded as obc on the next cruise. That cruise is free. Any unused obc will be returned in a check after the cruise.

Each Move Over offer is different. In this one there is no mention of a free cruise. Only a stateroom upgrade: Princess is extending a special offer to guests booked on the Oct 1, 2016 Regal Princess sailing. Move to another sailing of your choice up to 10 days, anywhere in the world and receive:

Each Move Over offer is different. In this one there is no mention of a free cruise. Only a stateroom upgrade: Princess is extending a special offer to guests booked on the Oct 1, 2016 Regal Princess sailing. Move to another sailing of your choice up to 10 days, anywhere in the world and receive:

That is the free cruise.

That is the free cruise.

The way we read this same move over offer was that the cruise fare would be refunded through OBC.

That infers the new booking would be paid for by you & your current fare would be OBC.

The way we read this same move over offer was that the cruise fare would be refunded through OBC.

That infers the new booking would be paid for by you & your current fare would be OBC.

No it is not. It doesn't say free. On your Move Over "ticket", the Fare amount and the ROBC net to zero with exception of other OBC you have (ie: stock, Vets, etc.).

Did you take the offer?

You get nothing from Princess for accepting the Move Over. You are actually paying for the Move Over cruise with the refund OC you receive.

Not so. You get to take another cruise of your choice up to 10 days, anywhere PLUS/in addition to get 100% refund in OBC. That's a free cruise!

Not so. You get to take another cruise of your choice up to 10 days, anywhere PLUS/in addition to get 100% refund in OBC. That's a free cruise!

This is the correct answer. I received the offer. I was confused by the ambiguous nature of the wording. I called the prescribed number and connected with the extension. The lady explained that yes indeed I would get a FREE cruise, along with a cabin upgrade, and $150 PP to rearrange air flights. The fare I already paid would be refunded in the form of OBC. Any unused OBC would be returned by check. Capiche?

This is the correct answer. I received the offer. I was confused by the ambiguous nature of the wording. I called the prescribed number and connected with the extension. The lady explained that yes indeed I would get a FREE cruise, along with a cabin upgrade, and $150 PP to rearrange air flights. The fare I already paid would be refunded in the form of OBC. Any unused OBC would be returned by check. Capiche?

Every Move Over is different. Did you take it?

But they charge you for that Move Over cruise.

You're not understanding this. How do they charge you?

You choose and pay for cruise. They call you and say, if you move to another cruise , we will refund

( in on board credit, which is still money) what you've already paid for this cruise AND give you the new cruise without charging you for it.

You are not being charged for anything at all.

ETA: I have received an offer but didn't take it. You don't have to take the offer to understand it.

You're not understanding this. How do they charge you?

You choose and pay for cruise. They call you and say, if you move to another cruise , we will refund

( in on board credit, which is still money) what you've already paid for this cruise AND give you the new cruise without charging you for it.

You are not being charged for anything at all.

ETA: I have received an offer but didn't take it. You don't have to take the offer to understand it.

We were charged for the Move Over; therefore, the ROBC and the charge net to zero (except for the extra OBC you get for Stock, Vets., etc.