Pacific Princess dry dock refurbishment

ilovhywd

Sailing on the Pacific in August 2017 and looking forward to her refurbished style. We sailed the Ocean in 2014 on a 31 day Indian Ocean crossing that was wonderful. I hope this cruise measures up to that one.

Hello Ken,

Tentatively looking at a mini also, perhaps in the late fall in place of a scheduled November Azamara sailing.

Interesting commentary in the last couple of posts regarding club class dining. I have to do more research, to see if a separate dining facility would even work on such a small ship.

Would love to see any pictures you care to share, especially if you maintain a blog, on your experience aboard.

Cheers,

Bob

Hi Bob--Thanks---We are booked on the Pacific for 7 weeks beginning middle of next January. Wife really likes the sea days and this ship. I don't do a blog but I did a long diatribe review with lots of pictures after our cruise last November and December on the Pacific Princess. It is about 4 or 5 down the list now, I think, under Kennicott. Kenny

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Unless someone is doing a "Live From" it is fair to wait until their 6/9 to 6/27 cruise is over to see photos of the refurbishment. If CC weren't so restrictive with their photo uploads, I could post pictures during our 6/27 - 7/15 cruise. I do plan to take lots of them (including the new furniture in the suites) and will post them when we return after 7/16 if others have not posted earlier.

Unless someone is doing a "Live From" it is fair to wait until their 6/9 to 6/27 cruise is over to see photos of the refurbishment. If CC weren't so restrictive with their photo uploads, I could post pictures during our 6/27 - 7/15 cruise. I do plan to take lots of them (including the new furniture in the suites) and will post them when we return after 7/16 if others have not posted earlier.

Free programs such as IrfanView allow you to resize photos so you can make them below Cruise Critic's 2MB limit per photo.

Unless someone is doing a "Live From" it is fair to wait until their 6/9 to 6/27 cruise is over to see photos of the refurbishment. If CC weren't so restrictive with their photo uploads, I could post pictures during our 6/27 - 7/15 cruise.

I agree, would be nice if photos would just come up enlarged as they do on just about every other site I use, such as they do C.C.s own Cruise Reviews or its sister site Tripadvisor. I don't like to jump through a bunch of hoops or download stuff I don't need to in order to post a decent cruise picture.

We are on PP in August and I would like to know what electrical sockets they have. Did the refit include 220V, UK and/or European which would seem a good idea if she is taking over the OP's world cruising role. I inquired with Princess and was told all Princes ships only have 110V USA sockets. Obviously not true as they still had OP at the time, and I have used 220V on her.

We are on PP in August and I would like to know what electrical sockets they have. Did the refit include 220V, UK and/or European which would seem a good idea if she is taking over the OP's world cruising role. I inquired with Princess and was told all Princes ships only have 110V USA sockets. Obviously not true as they still had OP at the time, and I have used 220V on her.
The Pacific has always had both 120V and 220V outlets. The Royal class ships also have both 120V and 220V outlets. Unfortunately, you can't always trust the information from Princess.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Thanks. I have searched all the threads but they all seem obsessed with Club Dining, which only pertains to a few passengers. Mind at rest now, they are hardly likely to have regressed.

There are a few threads that have pictures of the refurbishment . Here are pictures recently posted of the library from someone currently onboard. There are other pictures as well on the other related threads. The red chairs pictured were on the ship on deck 5 along with red love seats. The love seats were thread bare in 2014 hopefully they are gone forever.

Here are pictures of library new furniture & new carpet

af3b9a1ea86f1e4b0a072f1b86ba9105.jpgea7ef585eb1fe696d68c2c6ebd21e3d3.jpg

There are a few threads that have pictures of the refurbishment . Here are pictures recently posted of the library from someone currently onboard. There are other pictures as well on the other related threads. The red chairs pictured were on the ship on deck 5 along with red love seats. The love seats were thread bare in 2014 hopefully they are gone forever.

Here are pictures of library new furniture & new carpet

af3b9a1ea86f1e4b0a072f1b86ba9105.jpgea7ef585eb1fe696d68c2c6ebd21e3d3.jpg

What threads.....:confused::confused::confused:

Bob

What threads.....:confused::confused::confused:

Bob

Post Dry Dock Experience (2017) on the Pacific Princess

Posted June 11th, 2017, 12:48 PM

If you are currently on or have been on the Pacific Princess since its most recent dry dock, please post your impressions of the ship. Thank you.