Pacific Princess dry dock refurbishment

ilovhywd

Perhaps they might use Sabatini's or Sterling Steakhouse whichever is not being used that night, for Club class dining?

Apologies if this posts twice as my previous effort seems to have died after I hit the Submit button:confused:

That was also my thought as an option.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Perhaps they might use Sabatini's or Sterling Steakhouse whichever is not being used that night, for Club class dining?

Although the space is there, the kitchen facilities and food are not there for doing the full menu for the Club Restaurant.

Re: "harkens back to an earlier time of cruising".

Just curious, how old are you? Is that "earlier time" of cruising, mean when all men wore tuxedos, and all women wore long gowns?

Enjoy your cruise. And if God wills, you have good heath, and don't die before you next cruise.

"I cruise to eat healthy, and to stay alive."

I happen to be 77 .... and spent my 77th birthday ON the Pacific Princess on the TA in December.

Since I only started cruising in 2004, I was never on a ship where tuxes and long gowns were the order of the day. I would love to have experienced that though.

I have no intention of dying before my next cruise, which just happens to be on the lovely Pacific Princess in the Fall, or my next birthday. I'm having way too much fun seeing the world with Princess. :halo:

Per Princess website CC roll out for this ship is June 9, 2017.

We will be on June 27th in an Owners Suite for an 18-night Norway . I will let you know how Club Class Dining goes. There are some on our Roll call sailing B2B and are leaving June 9th.

• 5 weeks later...
We will be on June 27th in an Owners Suite for an 18-night Norway . I will let you know how Club Class Dining goes. There are some on our Roll call sailing B2B and are leaving June 9th.

Please report while you're on your cruise! I'd really appreciate it. I'll be curious to find out what changes they've made. There's nothing like getting info first hand from people actually ON the ship. :)

I happen to be 77 .... and spent my 77th birthday ON the Pacific Princess on the TA in December.

Since I only started cruising in 2004, I was never on a ship where tuxes and long gowns were the order of the day. I would love to have experienced that though.

I have no intention of dying before my next cruise, which just happens to be on the lovely Pacific Princess in the Fall, or my next birthday. I'm having way too much fun seeing the world with Princess. :halo:

I'm 75 and I started cruising in 1974 on the original Island Princess, Pacific Princess, and Sun Princess. Actually, I was a musician working on those ships, playing the lounges and backing the shows. But I can tell you tuxes or suits and gowns and cocktail dresses were the order of the day.

Just off the Pacific. The buffet will have major changes. The new beds are coming. New lighter carpets in the public areas and hallways. The suites are being redone. New sound board, etc. Major money is being put into the ship. Officers I talked with expect Princess to keep the ship another six or more years. We had a great world cruise although some rough seas. Yes, the club class dining will be in deck 10 restaurant.

Just off the Pacific. The buffet will have major changes. The new beds are coming. New lighter carpets in the public areas and hallways. The suites are being redone. New sound board, etc. Major money is being put into the ship. Officers I talked with expect Princess to keep the ship another six or more years. We had a great world cruise although some rough seas. Yes, the club class dining will be in deck 10 restaurant.

Do you know how the suites are being redone?.....:):):)

Bob

We will be on the June 9 TA cruise. So excited.

We were on the Pacific in Dec/Jan and became quite close with our Headwaiter.

He told us pretty much the same thing as posted above - that Princess had made a commitment to keep the ship at least 7 more years and that the dining room , buffet and cabins would get upgrades.

I wish they would put in an IC but realistically there isn't any place to put it.

We LOVE the small ships and were really happy to hear about the upgrades and the commitment to keep her.

No additional info on the suites.

I hope they put in a separate shower and tub as the Pacific is the only ship in the fleet with combos. All the other PH suites I have been in have separate glass showers and jetted tubs.

Also I expect more movement and vibration as their OS are aft. So deck 10 for all meals, short walk from 8067.

That is excellent news! Thank you for sharing! :)

Yes, the club class dining will be in deck 10 restaurant.

Wonder how they will handle breakfasts as the Suite breakfast is different (e.g. mimosas, espresso drinks, anything cook to order) than Club Class (basically MDR menu with extra table-side prepared dish at dinner).

Thanks for all the updates. Excited to hear the rollout will be June 9. We will be on the ship that day for the 36 day TA and Norway. Excited to see the new changes. We have been on the Pacific several times and love the smaller ships .

Did the world cruise ,107 days, on the Ocean princess, then called the Tahitian princess. Great for getting into smaller ports and meeting your fellow passengers 😀😎

• 2 weeks later...
I hope they put in a separate shower and tub as the Pacific is the only ship in the fleet with combos. All the other PH suites I have been in have separate glass showers and jetted tubs.

Also I expect more movement and vibration as their OS are aft. So deck 10 for all meals, short walk from 8067.

I don't know about their other "R" ships but when Oceania remodeled the Ocean Princess to become the Sirena, the tub was removed and that area became a large walk-in shower. We were in a OS on the Pacific last November and there didn't appear to be enough space for a separate shower and tub. Also, the jetted tubs disappeared with the Royal class suites and I doubt Princess will be installing them in any future ships.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I would pretty much agree. We were on the Pacific in November and most of December. We had a mini on Deck 8 and I thought it had just been refurbished, we really liked it. Only thing I would like to see updated in that cabin would be the TV lash up.

Hello Ken,

Tentatively looking at a mini also, perhaps in the late fall in place of a scheduled November Azamara sailing.

Interesting commentary in the last couple of posts regarding club class dining. I have to do more research, to see if a separate dining facility would even work on such a small ship.

Would love to see any pictures you care to share, especially if you maintain a blog, on your experience aboard.

Cheers,

Bob

Interesting commentary in the last couple of posts regarding club class dining. I have to do more research, to see if a separate dining facility would even work on such a small ship.

A CC member currently posting from the ship is getting conflicting information on this from crew members. http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2497271