Frustrated over the price I paid

es0

i am sure this happens all the time, but it makes me sick to know that I paid more for Crown Loft Suite on Harmony (April 1) than most cruises charge for the Star suites. :mad:

Harmony is in high demand right now. You must have felt it was worth it when you booked the cruise. If you booked the cruise and felt comfortable with the price don't look back and just enjoy the cruise.

Harmony is in high demand right now. You must have felt it was worth it when you booked the cruise. If you booked the cruise and felt comfortable with the price don't look back and just enjoy the cruise.

It is my first cruise, I didn't know ant better at the time. I am sure once I board the ship, all will be forgotten.

If the price was too high why did you book?

It is not that the price is too high. I am frustrated because I now understand how dynamic the price structure is, and had I booked a week or two later I could have had the "Star" experience for less than I am paying for Sky.

It is like paying for an inside cabin and then learning the balconies cost less than what you paid.

It is not that the price is too high. I am frustrated because I now understand how dynamic the price structure is, and had I booked a week or two later I could have had the "Star" experience for less than I am paying for Sky.

It is like paying for an inside cabin and then learning the balconies cost less than what you paid.

You also have to remember that the Star Class guest the week you are on board is probably paying way more than you are for your CLS. Every cruise week and cabin is priced differently, let alone the variances within the time that it takes for the ship to sell out. I guess you will understand the pricing demographics for next time but it doesn't help how you feel this time.

If possible you should let it go because you don't want to ruin your cruise by dwelling on it all week.

You also have to remember that the Star Class guest the week you are on board is probably paying way more than you are for your CLS.

If possible you should let it go because you don't want to ruin your cruise by dwelling on it all week.

I hope so. That would definitely make me feel better :).

It is definitely possible to get over it. At least now I know I can to be a Star next time. ;)

Keep watch on the web site and call when the suite class above you goes on sale and change to it. For example I booked a cruise 14 months in advance, today the suite class above me went on sale just $268 more than I paid, so I called and upgraded for $268. Yes it is far more room than I need, but hey it was only $268 more! Originally the suite class above me was $1500 more.

You'll get better in time, just keep researching, keep learning. I finally got smart and we are going on our 6th cruise this year. I got burned in the past because I didn't know better, but our last cruise and our upcoming cruise I killed it. Last year on the NCL Breakaway I booked, researched and got a better AFT HUGE balcony for very little more money for a tiny balcony. This year on Anthem I paid around 600 bucks less than what the same category balcony is going for now, plus free gratuities. It just takes time, research and patience to get better at booking cruises. Don't sweat it and have a good cruise.

It's a crap shoot. Never ever look back. Once I book a trip or a plane fare or anything else I am basically done searching. What I pay is what I paid. Doing that will drive you crazy. Do your research up front and once you pull that trigger, be done. Just my 2 cents.

i am sure this happens all the time, but it makes me sick to know that I paid more for Crown Loft Suite on Harmony (April 1) than most cruises charge for the Star suites. :mad:

If it is before final payment - cancel and book another cruise in another category. New always costs more.

It's a crap shoot. Never ever look back. Once I book a trip or a plane fare or anything else I am basically done searching. What I pay is what I paid. Doing that will drive you crazy. Do your research up front and once you pull that trigger, be done. Just my 2 cents.

If we did that we would have given up a lot of price drops that have saved money over the years....... And a couple great upgrades at no cost.

I try not to focus on the price, although it was pretty obvious on a recent booking that I was paying close to triple what my brother was paying (me GS, him balcony). Personally I consider myself lucky to be able to do it, and I just focus on the good things. Somebody is always going to be paying, more, or less, than me. I'm paying a price I am OK with and that works for me.

Enjoy your cruise.

If we did that we would have given up a lot of price drops that have saved money over the years....... And a couple great upgrades at no cost.

I hear this all the time and I think it's very situational dependent.. My experience is that it does happen (We've had one) but that it happens much less frequently in the higher priced rooms. We've been on some cruises where the rooms sell out almost at once and never came back into the inventory.