Is Qsine and the iPad menu yesterdays news? Is this the next cool thing Celebrity?

A Sixth?

I hope not.

The IPad was just a gimmick (you couldn't order from it so what was the purpose?)

Have seen these. Adds zero to the dining experience. If I want to play, I will use my phone. If I want to eat I will interact with a server.

No thanks.

I hope not.

The IPad was just a gimmick (you couldn't order from it so what was the purpose?)

Have seen these. Adds zero to the dining experience. If I want to play, I will use my phone. If I want to eat I will interact with a server.

No thanks.

Not sure what you mean that you couldn't order from the Ipad? I was just on the Eclipse two weeks ago and I clicked on the items we wanted for dinner, handed the Ipad to the waiter, and our courses started arriving at our table. No one "took our order" except for what I clicked on the Ipad!

Not sure what you mean that you couldn't order from the Ipad? I was just on the Eclipse two weeks ago and I clicked on the items we wanted for dinner, handed the Ipad to the waiter, and our courses started arriving at our table. No one "took our order" except for what I clicked on the Ipad!

What I meant is that it is not interactive. You order, yes, but then you hand it to the waiter who inputs the order. The table supposedly is interactive.

Still, I think it is hokey....and I am a really, really early adapter (first computer in 1982, e.g.) so not afraid of tech. Just think it needs to suit a real purpose.

This would be very innovative. Imagine ordering interactively. Looking through life sized photos of the actual dish you're trying to order. Then while you're waiting for your food to be brought to the table you can play fruit ninja against someone else in the restaurant. Then when your food arrives they place it on the table and a photo comes up automatically with a description of the dish.

The video above just showed the massive amount of possibilities that the table can do and if used right Qsine could be made it more fun and interactive. Imo a very cool concept

Sent from my ONE A2005 using Tapatalk

This would be very innovative. Imagine ordering interactively. Looking through life sized photos of the actual dish you're trying to order. Then while you're waiting for your food to be brought to the table you can play fruit ninja against someone else in the restaurant. Then when your food arrives they place it on the table and a photo comes up automatically with a description of the dish.

The video above just showed the massive amount of possibilities that the table can do and if used right Qsine could be made it more fun and interactive. Imo a very cool concept

OR one could actually converse with one's dinner companions while waiting for the food to arrive. And why would one need a photo of the food to come up when the actual food is there???

Thanks, but no thanks. I'll stick to reality vs. virtual reality any day.

I would rather interact with my dining partners and the staff than a table.

Meals are rapidly becoming non-social events. People at a table playing with their bloody phones instead of conversing. This would accelerate the process. Playing games? No thanks. Pictures of the food? Appleby's does that. I realize Qsine is quirky, and I accept that, but I guess I look at food and dining, not to mention who I am dining with, a little differently.

But everyone's approach does not need to be the same and I respect that. But no more Qsine for me with a interactive table.

On Infinity, it was used to browse only ...wasted alot of time..Then the waiter took the order....we very much enjoyed the food but found the i-pad superfluous and all those presentation boxes and gizmos a bit gimmicky...

Might be fun for dining with kiddos but not for adults...they could also have overhead menus like all fast food places & you speak to a clown , or blackboard menus if they want to save money on real menus .

I would rather interact with my dining partners and the staff than a table.

Meals are rapidly becoming non-social events. People at a table playing with their bloody phones instead of conversing. This would accelerate the process. Playing games? No thanks. Pictures of the food? Appleby's does that. I realize Qsine is quirky, and I accept that, but I guess I look at food and dining, not to mention who I am dining with, a little differently.

But everyone's approach does not need to be the same and I respect that. But no more Qsine for me with a interactive table.

I couldn't have said it better myself. Last night we dined with friends at a "trendy" SF restaurant. We're in our 50s and 60s and commented to one another about the number of tables nearby that were void of conversation, but the iPhones on the tables we're getting a good workout.....

I'm a about to be 40 married man of 19 years and my DW and I do not use phones at the dinner table.

That being said there are ways to make an interactive table a part of conversation without making the whole experience too gimmicky. An interactive table might work on the new Edge class or on another line who's general demographic is younger.

Also, I would not advocate games being played at the table but a truly interactive experience with the restaurant and food would be a very fun idea. At least, that's my take on this. I see the positive possibilities.....

It's not really interactive unless it is also cooking the meal. Someone is still downloading the order offline.

I don't particularly care for everyone dragging their greasy fingers across the table.

As for pictures of the dishes. That's a pain to keep up with and if a dish comes and it isn't exactly represented the same way, that will cause complaints.

I'm as with it as anyone but truthfully, I'm glad I'm an old person. When does everyone just get a chip implanted in his brain so no learning necessary? Like an old science fiction movie maybe there will just be a room full of "brains" living a virtual life. No need for bodies either.

I couldn't have said it better myself. Last night we dined with friends at a "trendy" SF restaurant. We're in our 50s and 60s and commented to one another about the number of tables nearby that were void of conversation, but the iPhones on the tables we're getting a good workout.....

At our dtr's formal wedding a few yrs ago, there was one table of guests that stood out The waitstaff actualy had to work around the large assemblage of phones tablets, etc...i think they were either texting people at the same tbl or absorbed in their personal online worlds,,,kind of sad!

I've been to a pop-up that had interactive tables and it was great - half the fun was seeing the others ordering and working out the technology. And you could actually order from it as opposed to looking at a very, very expensive menu in Qsine. There was more laughing and talking with the interactive table than my and the OH did in Qsine while ordering.

Much of this is so old school... albeit with a tech twist.

Cracker barrel has peg games ..

other places have placemats with crayons, happy meals with toys, etc. to keep the kiddos busy.

Some have not transitioned beyond. But if it sells more dinners in Q sine , it's ok if a they take my place at the table...

There are still other venues for the type of adult social interaction .we prefer and which kiddos may find boring.