Water

We do like a nice drink at the pool or at dinner every now and then but the drink pkg would be too much. We drink a lot of water during the day. Can we get water easily. Can you bring water on board with checked luggage by tagging a case that is wrapped securely?

We do like a nice drink at the pool or at dinner every now and then but the drink pkg would be too much. We drink a lot of water during the day. Can we get water easily. Can you bring water on board with checked luggage by tagging a case that is wrapped securely?

Technically prohibited, but usually allowed. I'd put the water in some sort of luggage as some porters will not take an obvious case of water.

Tap water, and water from the dispensers in buffet, is fine. You could take your own water bottles if you prefer that to glasses. If filling them in the buffet, just fill a glass first, then pour it into your bottle. If the tap water in your cabin is not cold enough, ask to have your ice bucket filled.

You can get ice water anywhere on the ship...all bars and eating venues provide water upon request. You will have available water in you cabin, too...but ask for ice. The water never, ever "runs cold". Ship's water is purer than what you pay for in those annoying plastic bottles. No waste.

We do purchase the drink package.

Daily in our travels when we get a drink we also ask for bottled water and take them back to cabin and put in that goofy cooler of a kinda refrigerator which I know is not one.

We have the cabin attendant keep the ice buck full and place 2-3 waters in it to really keep cool.

Also we stop by the suite lounge and get bottled water as needed if we forget to get or if someone in cabin drinks too much and does not help replace (not mentioning the dd would not help)

Later

You can usually bring a case of water on without problem. People have put cabin tags on cases and sent them up. I've never tried it, but have read here that it works fine. We have carried a case in an empty roll aboard suitcase. They'll shake it to see if it's really water, but that's all.

Now we simply buy water packages. Yes, it's expensive. But we get 2 cases for around $84 works out to around $3.50 per liter. A bit pricey, but convenient. And honestly in the grand scheme of a $3000 cruise, $84 isn't all that much anymore. But personal choice. Keep in mind the water on the ship is very drinkable.

I guess I'm lucky. I find the water from the ships to be very tasty, in saying that I mean there is no taste. Never has been from any ship I've been on.

This is how I feel - and I drink a lot of water. Of course, I've been cruising since long before anyone ever thought of drinking bottled water. We bring insulated bottles to fill at the buffet (from glasses, never from the spout) for excursions and sitting by the pool. Can't even imagine hauling a case of water on a cruise. Not good for the environment in any event.