First Time on Balcony - Anything I need to know?

mosleyman

Not knowing where said balcony is, a word of warning:

DO NOT BOOK AN AFT , AFT WRAP , OR VISTA SUITE!!!!!!

I am a die hard "Aft Snob", or "Aft Rat" (Which I prefer).

If anyone invites you to see their aft cabin, REFUSE! You will be forever wanting to book such cabins in the future! :eek:

All kidding aside, please book what fits within your needs and budget. Do try to visit other staterooms, if offered, to see the difference.

You WILL enjoy your balcony!;)

Nope, no way , no how. Had an aft wrap suite on HAL once.. the balcony was massive.. Hated it. Hated the location, hated the vibration and "rumble" from engines ( or whatever), hated the view.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I'm sure you have received many replies, since you first posted this, and what I'm going to say, has probably been posted as well. I have done most of the type of rooms on the ship, as well as the balcony. I will say for us, unless you are going to spend a LOT of time on the balcony, to us, it was not worth it. It is a little funny sometimes, "watching" what your neighbors might be doing below. :)

...We enjoy room service coffee and juice out on the balcony in the morning.

...We enjoy cocktails and to order a snack between sail away and when the the sun sets.

...Before we go to bed we always go out onto the balcony to look for other ships on the seas, lights from islands .... and the thousands of stars.

Really?! I've sailed twice with balconies once out of port canaveral and don't remember having this issue.

Anyone else have experience with this?

We've sailed out of Port Canaveral 6 times (all balcony rooms) and this has never been an issue.

Once you go balc, you'll never go back.

Nothing extra you'll need,but you may find yourself spending more time in your stateroom than before.

We booked a balcony in 2008 .Previously we had ocean view and porthole cabins .We did not like having a balcony and have only booked one once in the past 9 years. We do 3 cruises a year.

We were initiated into the "Balcony or Bust" club by accident. Our family's first cruise was with Disney. I booked us two adjoining oceanview rooms. When I checked us in at the port, the cruisemate looked at me slyly and asked me if I knew my room numbers. I was a little panicked because I thought there was a problem with our reservation. I repeated the stateroom numbers we booked. He said, "That's not what I have here." When he told me what rooms we were in, I quickly realized we had been upgraded to balcony rooms, better yet, connecting balcony rooms.

After that cruise, dh and I agreed we would never cruise in anything other than a balcony room. Dh and I took just one cruise in an interior room. It was a short one, 4-day I think. We had a good time but the experience confirmed for us that we are "balcony" people.

I have been in balcony rooms many times and have never heard people joining the "balcony club." Three of them were on Carnival which is known to be a party ship, so if there was any shenanigans going on this would've been a ship that would've had it! Lol

Sent from my iPad using Forums

My husband and I run warm most of the time and thought by opening the balcony door it would help cool down our room more. We've since learned it really messes up the A/C system to leave the door open. It's actually cooler in the room when you leave the door closed. Little did we know, we were just making it worse for ourselves.

We LOVE our balcony rooms and would have to be having serious cruise withdrawals to book a cruise without a balcony.

If you should happen to think it would be a good idea to air out your birthday suit, keep this in mind. Your reflection in the glass across the front of your balcony can be seen by your neighbors. So, make sure no one's out on either side of you before you step out in the buff. And keep your beach towel handy just in case.

And, if the opportunity arises, and you're into that kind of thing, there's always the "Balcony Club".

A word of caution..... My sisters neighbors were joining that club. Unfortunately the reflection of them showed a nice picture on my sisters balcony.

A poor fellow just doing his job delivering room service was quite surprised when I opened the door and ended up in his arms. My daughter still laughs about it.

...and were you only wearing a towel. Lol

I'm going on my second cruise in october and I'm already a little sore that my room doesn't have a balcony . It's amazing to just stare out at the ocean and see nothing but blue everywhere you look and feel the breeze . I spent a lot of time on the balcony in our first cruise . It is amazing.