Caribbean Princess Makeover

Woobstr112G

http://www.princess.com/ships-and-experience/ships/cb-caribbean-princess/drydock-2017/

Any thoughts about the above. I knew she was going in for a makeover but I am curious as to where some of the new dining venues are supposed to be placed. I'm assuming the "World Fresh Marketplace" will be the made over Horizon Court. Will "Steamers", "Salty Dog", and "Planks" be pop up venues in the HC or is there some other areas that will be made over?

Bob

The deck plans was recently showing "Steamers" and "Planks" where Cafe Caribe was (one on port and the other on starboard). Website now showing original deck plan? Salty dog and new pizza place were just remake of the Grill and Prego.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Steamer's and Planks replaces Cafe Caribe

World Place Market Place replaces Horizon Ct.

The Salty Dog replaces The Trident Grill

Slice replaces Prego Pizza

The Mix is a re-designed Blackbeard's Bar

Sabatini's is being re-modeled

Coffee & Cones replaces Scoops

They are all in the same locations.

Edited by sknight

The deck plans was recently showing "Steamers" and "Planks" where Cafe Caribe was (one on port and the other on starboard). Website now showing original deck plan? Salty dog and new pizza place were just remake of the Grill and Prego.

Thanks for the quick response. That would make a lot of sense. I always thought that the Cafe Caribe needed a make over. I wonder about the hours of operation for those two venues. I'm also curious to see how they will deal with seating as it seems to me (just my personal observations) that it's getting harder and harder to find a seat in the HC. The reason is more cruisers seem to be using it as a lounge, reading room, or game room. On my last cruise on the CB, they put down reminder cards that absolutely no one paid attention to, nor were they every enforced.....

Bob

Went back and found this info on both: Our new family-style seafood restaurant offers dinner served by wait staff for a nominal fee. Choose from Black & Blue Mussels or Classic Clams “Steamers” or the Broiled Platter which includes scallops, shrimp and crab-stuffed flounder. All come with generous sides and dipping sauces as well as starters and dessert. At lunchtime, help yourself to a buffet that includes Gourmet and Ramen Bowls with regionally inspired broths—all at no charge. And join us for breakfast, also at no charge, for specialty egg dishes like omelets, fried eggs and eggs Benedict.

Drop by for a classic American-style dinner, served by wait staff for a nominal fee. Our casual BBQ restaurant gives you a choice of "Planks" loaded with four meats, chili, coleslaw and seasoned fries along with starters and decadent dessert. Planks BBQ also serves a buffet-style lunch at no charge, with signature soup and freshly tossed salad, as well as regionally inspired fork-and-knife sandwiches. Buffet-style breakfasts, also at no charge, include savory breakfast bowls customized for you.

Thanks for the quick response. That would make a lot of sense. I always thought that the Cafe Caribe needed a make over. I wonder about the hours of operation for those two venues. I'm also curious to see how they will deal with seating as it seems to me (just my personal observations) that it's getting harder and harder to find a seat in the HC. The reason is more cruisers seem to be using it as a lounge, reading room, or game room. On my last cruise on the CB, they put down reminder cards that absolutely no one paid attention to, nor were they every enforced.....

Bob

Bob,

I had the same question. It seems that Steamers and Planks will be open for general seating during the day since they are no fee during breakfast and lunch and restricted to those paying the up charge during dinner. However, finding a seat in the buffet at night is much less of an issue than is the case during the day.

However, in reference to table hogs, it would be nice if they enforced the "use it for your meal or lose it" rule. ;)

I'm assuming there will be upcharges for the venues? Anyone got an idea of what the prices will be?

Bob

Most of what is known is shown in the web site mentioned in your first posting. See menus also posted. Some charges are shown on the menus.

The Steamers and Planks areas will have a variety of no charge selections available for breakfast & lunch similar to what Cafe Caribe has now. From what I gather what is free now will be free after the new venues are ready. There may be other free and charge selections also, it isn't exactly clear. There is talk that Sabatini's will get a revised menu, don't know if that is true or not.

One thing that caught my eye was Steamer's. This is similar to the Crab Shack which cost $29. Steamer's upcharge will be $12 with an additional $10 for lobster and king crab legs. So, you get a similar meal to the crab shack at less cost.

I'm also thinking that things like tacos at the Salty Dog will not have any charge, we'll have to wait and see the reports. Last year when we were on the Royal there was no charge for make your own tacos, available for lunch in the buffet every day.

Princess has also reported that changes to some areas may come later by September. The Mix is one they mention.

Princess has had info on these venues online for a while now. I was pleased when I read that there was no charge for breakfast or lunch offerings. As for the redesigned HC I'm thinking they may be taking a clue from the reception of the buffet on Regal and Royal. People all seem to agree that it is a much better layout. As for the people using the buffet as a game room... I have often seen groups playing Maj Jongg or cards in HC during the day. It's hardly the proper venue for those activities. Sometimes it is pretty empty and not an issue but other times people are trying to find a place to sit and eat and the tables are taken over by people who are there for gaming.

Princess has had info on these venues online for a while now. I was pleased when I read that there was no charge for breakfast or lunch offerings. As for the redesigned HC I'm thinking they may be taking a clue from the reception of the buffet on Regal and Royal. People all seem to agree that it is a much better layout. As for the people using the buffet as a game room... I have often seen groups playing Maj Jongg or cards in HC during the day. It's hardly the proper venue for those activities. Sometimes it is pretty empty and not an issue but other times people are trying to find a place to sit and eat and the tables are taken over by people who are there for gaming.

Yup.....

Bob

The video for CB has been updated. The updated version is on youtube

I believe the main update is the info regarding Sabatini's at the very beginning of the video.

Thanks for the info regarding the updated video. Interesting decor change in Sabatinis. I kinda like it.....:):):)

Bob

I just hope they don't change my breakfast. It's my favorite meal of the day.

I've never had a Sabatini's breakfast and almost certainly never will but it would be a real shame if folks who are used to it found disappointing change. I hear that one can actually get good Eggs Benedict with the suite breakfast in Sabatini's. Of course, even if I could sail in a suite I would still have a hard time making it to breakfast as we seem to sleep in late when cruising. We almost never make it to breakfast in MDR due to that. :o

I've never had a Sabatini's breakfast and almost certainly never will but it would be a real shame if folks who are used to it found disappointing change. I hear that one can actually get good Eggs Benedict with the suite breakfast in Sabatini's. Of course, even if I could sail in a suite I would still have a hard time making it to breakfast as we seem to sleep in late when cruising. We almost never make it to breakfast in MDR due to that. :o

I sleep through the MDR breakfast too. But I do not sleep through the Sabatini's breakfast - even if I go back to sleep afterwards.:) Everything is made to order - no warming trays. Of course, after enough mimosas and/or bloody Mary's I, I'm not sure what I'm eating.:)

Suites on the Fiesta deck are not that expensive. You could afford one if you wanted.