Looking to book Caribbean Princess

rrtexascruiser

I have not stayed in that cabin, but it is midship, with Lido deck above. I would suggest checking to see what is on Lido above your cabin -- if pools, there could be noise of rearranging deck chairs. Just a thought. The ship will be newly refurbished.

We are looking at balcony room R516, anyone with knowledge of this room?

Under the HC buffet. Due to possible noise from above I would suggest moving to the 700 area if possible.

There is an aft door on both sides of the ship that leads out to the aft pool area. Then 1 deck up outside to the buffet.

It's a great location. We have stayed on Riviera deck quite often.

Edited by Colo Cruiser

Agree with what others have mentioned. Also watch out for connecting cabins. There are a bunch of them scattered around the ship. You can find them by going to the Princess web page and looking at the Princess deck plans. R516 is not a connecting cabin.

I've been on the Riviera deck on this ship under the pool area/trident grill and on the Riviera deck on the Diamond Princess under the Horizon Court and never had any issue with sounds, vacuuming, chairs moving. Occasionally we heard things but it wasn't all day and it never kept any of us awake. If you are super sensitive to noise I'd use earplugs when sleeping. Good luck!!

Agree with what others have mentioned. Also watch out for connecting cabins. There are a bunch of them scattered around the ship. You can find them by going to the Princess web page and looking at the Princess deck plans. R516 is not a connecting cabin.

CB is adding 87 new connecting rooms in this dry dock. Can you tell me what, specifically, you find objectionable about them that makes you suggest to "watch out" for them?

• 2 weeks later...
We learned (the hard way) to never book a stateroom on the deck immediately below Lido on ANY ship.

We did 15 days in A408 on Star Princess. Check the deck plans. It's a balcony just below the hot tub area by the Neptune's Reef Pool. Since it's a balcony it was actually to the side of the hot tub but you get the idea. Not a sound from above. No chair scraping. No sound from MUTS. A wonderful 15 days SF/Hawaii.