Is Princess@Sea Available Fleet Wide

Jeter02

New to Princess. What is Princess@Sea?

Sent from my Lenovo TAB 2 A10-70F using Forums mobile app

While you're out at sea, you can access on the ships wifi the Princess@Sea. You can access on there the daily Princess Patter of activities and events going on for the day. You can check you're stateroom account, and lots more.

Sent from my Lenovo TAB 2 A10-70F using Forums mobile app

OP - yes it's on all the ships.

Janet - it's a way to communicate on the ship.

When you board, you log in (directions are available in the daily newspaper and in the internet center).

Once logged in you are able to see the Patter (daily newspaper) on your phone, computer or tablet without using internet minutes. This allows you to check what's going on around the ship.

It also has a communication ability to make it easier to "talk" to your friends/family. However, it doesn't notify you that you have a message, so it's not very handy.

From the Princess website......

PRINCESS@SEA

Your FREE, mobile-friendly connection to everything onboard.

Welcome to Princess@Sea - Our innovative, award-winning web tool that makes your cruise experience even easier by offering quick and convenient access to valuable information directly on your mobile device, free of charge. Plan your day's events and activities, review the ship's itinerary and port guides, browse restaurant menus, even access your stateroom account! Plus, on select ships Princess@Sea Messenger allows you to send text messages to other guests onboard!Getting started with Princess@Sea is easy. Simply connect to the ship’s WIFI once onboard, open the browser on your computer, tablet, mobile phone or other device, and Princess@Sea will be the default page that appears. It even operates in "Airplane Mode". No cellular or data charges required!

EVENTS & ACTIVITIES

Princess@Sea is the easiest way to discover all the exciting events and activities onboard. Whether you’re seeking live entertainment, a Movie Under the Stars or even a late night dance party, Princess@Sea can help you find the perfect activity to suit your mood.

PRINCESS@SEA MESSENGER

Get ready to instantly connect! Our FREE Princess@Sea Messenger lets you stay in touch and communicate with other guests onboard directly from your mobile device. Whether it's planning drinks after dinner, or just letting your friends know where you are, Princess@Sea Messenger keeps you in the loop.^

STATEROOM ACCOUNT DETAILS

Keep track of your onboard purchases by logging in to your stateroom account on Princess@Sea. To view your stateroom account, you will need to create a user name and password to protect and verify your identity. Once your account is created, simply login and instantly review your charges.

ITINERARY & PORT INFORMATION

Princess@Sea places the ship’s itinerary at your fingertips, allowing you to see where you’ve been, where you are and exactly where you’re going with just a simple tap of your device. Plus, learn about what each port has to offer, including outdoor adventures, sightseeing and even shoreside shopping.

SHIP VENUE DETAILS

Wondering what time the boutiques close? Not sure how to get to The Sanctuary? Or maybe you just want to compare menus without having to visit more than one restaurant. Whether you're seeking location, hours or menus, Princess@Sea allows you to effortlessly find up-to-date information about our onboard venues.

You connect via the ship's Intranet, not Internet, so there's no charge. Just connect your device's WiFi to the ship's WiFi, enter your name, cabin # and date of birth and you connect. You can check activities, your folio, dining times, message other passengers, order room service, order and pay for FCCs (Future Cruise Deposits), etc.

3071dcc979ccf937ea8f1a20b9791aaa.jpg

We were on Ruby in January and we used it. Nice way to look at the activities and communicate. Just wish it alerted the person and you didn't have to keep checking the app.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I asked the manger in the internet cafe about that on our December cruise. He told me that they were still working out bugs on the system, and that by (sometime) this year the alerts should be working. Hope that is true by my cruise this summer.

One thing I noticed though was that the Patters online did not always match the printed Patters. There were quite a few mistakes.

Edited by apeller
additional info

Ruby Princess was one of the first ships to use the app, I remember it from November 2014. Back then you had to have installed the app before your cruise, but as noted above now all you do once you board is open your browser and sign up. Yes there are still some bugs with staying connected for certain operating systems, but even if you have to keep logging back in you are still only using the ship's intranet; to get onto the internet you have to enter your password on a separate screen each time--and I believe you can set separate passwords for Princess at Sea and the internet log-on just to be safe.

How does one communicate to another person that is in a different cabin? Meaning by name or cabin number?

On our roll call we are hoping to communicate using this service but not sure how to contact others.

thanks

After you create an account, view your account info. Each passenger is provided an account/passenger ID. You need to find out from your friends/family their ID # so you can add them to your contacts list. Just some informative information, your account/passenger idea on your princess@sea account actually remains the same after first use on a cruise. Your contacts remain in the system from cruise to cruise, so need to create a new account each time.

Fair warning, when they first came out with this awesome tool, I thought I would be able to get pop up notifications on my phone each time I received messages from others, but that's not the case sadly. You have to check frequently on the princess@sea page to see if you received any messages. There is a red notification on the chat icon to inform you have a new message though.

How does one communicate to another person that is in a different cabin? Meaning by name or cabin number?

On our roll call we are hoping to communicate using this service but not sure how to contact others.

thanks

Unfortunately you just can't type in their name to send messages. You have to have their account number first. I'm not sure why they set it up that way.

I found it totally useless since there's no audible notification.

As soon as the Medallion service is available it won't be that useful anyway even if it did alert people.

Unfortunately you just can't type in their name to send messages. You have to have their account number first. I'm not sure why they set it up that way.
I'm sure for security and privacy. If I'm on a roll call with 200 members, the last thing I'd want is people messaging me. The current system makes it "opt-in" which IMHO is a good thing.

I'm sure for security and privacy. If I'm on a roll call with 200 members, the last thing I'd want is people messaging me. The current system makes it "opt-in" which IMHO is a good thing.

So if a person sends you a message by looking up your name & you don't want any more you simply reject any more in the future. I'm sure people won't be haphazardly sending out text messages and the benefits of being able to look up a persons name outweigh the downside- if any.

So if a person sends you a message by looking up your name & you don't want any more you simply reject any more in the future. I'm sure people won't be haphazardly sending out text messages and the benefits of being able to look up a persons name outweigh the downside- if any.

The only names you can look up and send to, are people you are sharing a cabin with.

To send a message to another person, that person has to tell you their messenger id,

which is a code like XY12367P

i.e. nonsense, unrelated to their name or cabin number

The only names you can look up and send to, are people you are sharing a cabin with.

To send a message to another person, that person has to tell you their messenger id,

which is a code like XY12367P

i.e. nonsense, unrelated to their name or cabin number

Understood, but I still don't believe you'd be receiving that many incorrect messages from others on the ship. Being able to send messages by looking up the persons name is much more convenient.

It's a nice feature however it needs the alerts! On Medallion ships apparently you will be able to track and locate where your friends are ;p

I certainly hope the "alerts" are confined to vibration. I really don't want to listen to ring tones (GAH!) or even "beeps" or "dings" while I'm cruising.

I certainly hope the "alerts" are confined to vibration. I really don't want to listen to ring tones (GAH!) or even "beeps" or "dings" while I'm cruising.

I am looking forward to using

"Who Let The Dogs Out?" as a ringtone notification.