Cold in January?

BubbaLuvin

I just recently went to Punta Cana for a week. I went in January. It was very cold to me. Very windy, the temp did reach 80 but because of the wind it was very cold. I am hesitant to leave out of Florida on a cruise and to hit the Bahamas, DR, or anywhere near there. Now Will Jamaica, Cozumel, or where else might be a little warmer for January?

I just recently went to Punta Cana for a week. I went in January. It was very cold to me. Very windy, the temp did reach 80 but because of the wind it was very cold. I am hesitant to leave out of Florida on a cruise and to hit the Bahamas, DR, or anywhere near there. Now Will Jamaica, Cozumel, or where else might be a little warmer for January?

80 and "cold"? Wow! That must have been some wind.

Anyway, Jamaica and Cozumel, being further south, should be warmer than DR - but if wind is unbearable, you could still have a problem.

The wind was 25-30 miles per hour and worse at night. Being on the beach we were pelted with sand! People were on the beach wrapped in their towels. I have been there before and that was the first time we've ever had that. The ocean was also chilly and the pools were so cold they were unusable.

I've cruised in early December several times. We've had warm weather but just like anywhere, even your hometown, weather is dependent on Mother Nature and not necessarily the calendar. We've spent the 4th of July twice at Dollywood Water Park and it didn't get out of the 60's - the day before was 85 and the day after was in the high 80's. You just cannot predict weather. :o

I totally understand that but I should have added that apparently January in Punta Cana is known for that sort of thing or so I was told by the locals. Their calm waters were sooo rough that it was red flag day everyday. I am used to a rough ocean as I am from new jersey, but this was even rougher. The day before we left was perfect of course.