Letter I sent Carnival over Adult Only Pools

LewLewBelle

What a shame. We booked the Glory last week, unaware of this. We enjoy relaxing in the adult only area, reading, adult conversation, and napping. Quiet...just found out Carnival removed a pool and replaced it with 2 slides/waterworks, more kid interests. Now they take away the adults area, I don't want to lose my deposit or I would switch to RCCL, wish I would have waited another week to book.

Seriously, sounds like a bunch of whiners here. I was on cruise recently and I'd honestly rather have kids than the "adults" who took over the serenity deck. Almost every time we go for quiet time on the serenity deck there were loud and abnoxious group of twenty somethings who were working towards their 15th drink on Cheers. It was "bro" this and "bro" that could be easily heard from other side of the deck. Never had kids be thought rude and loud.

Sent from my LG-H830 using Tapatalk

I asked on John Healds page today for an official explanation...only a stock answer. My prediction is the decision will be suddenly overturned after spring breaks are over, and very few, if any kids are on the ships. Too bad for us who booked last year for this week.

I asked on John Healds page today for an official explanation...only a stock answer. My prediction is the decision will be suddenly overturned after spring breaks are over, and very few, if any kids are on the ships. Too bad for us who booked last year for this week.

I would bet you a ship on a stick it doesn't change,,, I am sure Carnival did their homework on this and know their market.

When its a "non kid" time of season you wont have many kids on the ship anyway, so its a win win for everyone.

Its really a tiny percentage of people that even read this boards or John Healds page.. 98% of passengers don't have an idea of an adult pool or non adult pool previously...so it will never be that big of an issue.

It will die down just like the non smoking on balconies did.

Splendor is not adult only any more. Re-thinking my Hawaii cruise on her next year.

I wouldn't do that. Because the cruise is so long there won't be many little ones on the ship anyway. We did a Hawaiian cruise in 2012 on the Spirit and the average age of the passengers was probably 60. I couldn't swear by it but there may have been 5 kids onboard. We loved it!

I was just on the Conquest April 1 - 9 sailing, where the new pool/hot tub policy change had already taken place.

Signage said that kids "accompanied by an adult" would be permitted in the aft hot tubs and pools. Staff did nothing when kids on their own cannonballed into the pool or wore their snorkels into the hot tubs. They were even quiet about 2 parents immersing their diapered toddlers in the pool.

It's going to be hard for staff to distinguish if a kid is with an adult, so this is basically another Carnival policy that stands little chance of being enforced.

A call to GS will bring the pool supervisor to remove the parent and infant. Take a picture and send it to the Coast Guard for health code violations.

Or it could be overturned just like the banishment and reinstatement of the shrimp cocktail in the MDR.

Sent from my XT1254 using Forums mobile app

I doubt it...again most of the cruisers on Carnival don't read these boards or john heald and aren't even aware of any pool issues. Most already assume all pools are family friendly.

Also, there are way less kids during the school times..thats almost 9 months of the year--becomes even less of an issue overall

I doubt it...again most of the cruisers on Carnival don't read these boards or john heald and aren't even aware of any pool issues. Most already assume all pools are family friendly.

Also, there are way less kids during the school times..thats almost 9 months of the year--becomes even less of an issue overall

John Heald has mentioned the polls and all the social media commentary around the aft pool change. He promised that he would be the mouthpiece for those concerned and would carry it forward to management. He said these things yesterday morning on his live feed. Polls have been submitted directly to Carnival, as have many letters and phone calls. My wife and I sail on the Glory in two weeks, and I'll voice my opinions there as well. Many of us will walk away from Carnival if this idiotic decision isn't reversed - they'll be forced to ignore what their customers are telling them about this, or to listen and act. To say that we're all just complaining to complain isn't accurate - we're being heard. Whether Carnival listens and acts is up to them.

John Heald has mentioned the polls and all the social media commentary around the aft pool change. He promised that he would be the mouthpiece for those concerned and would carry it forward to management. He said these things yesterday morning on his live feed. Polls have been submitted directly to Carnival, as have many letters and phone calls. My wife and I sail on the Glory in two weeks, and I'll voice my opinions there as well. Many of us will walk away from Carnival if this idiotic decision isn't reversed - they'll be forced to ignore what their customers are telling them about this, or to listen and act. To say that we're all just complaining to complain isn't accurate - we're being heard. Whether Carnival listens and acts is up to them.

I agree, Kroozers. 26 Carnival cruises with 27 &28 booked, diamond, and this is the first time we are considering walking away.

Pat

And how many people have threatened to leave over the smoking ban on balconies...tablecloths...water bottles...the changes in earning platinum levels...taking away the past guest party...etc you name it. People on these board think they are a majority of carnival cruisers.... this board is an extremely small section of travelers on carnival.

Carnival caters to new travelers and families, but there are other lines that cater to an older adult crowd...They have their nitch

I was really disappointed to hear about this policy change. All the more reason to try to take our cruise when school is in session. It seems that kids have enough space onboard; sad to see that one of the more relaxing areas will be disappearing.

And how many people have threatened to leave over the smoking ban on balconies...tablecloths...water bottles...the changes in earning platinum levels...taking away the past guest party...etc you name it. People on these board think they are a majority of carnival cruisers.... this board is an extremely small section of travelers on carnival.

Carnival caters to new travelers and families, but there are other lines that cater to an older adult crowd...They have their nitch

Who are the cruise lines that cater to an older adult crowd, is it HAL you are referring to?

Next time the proxy votes come out for stock holders, vote No on each of the current slate. That wl get their attention.

Not to ruin your day, but you have a much, much, much better chance of winning Powerball then doing anything as a stockholder.

Who are the cruise lines that cater to an older adult crowd, is it HAL you are referring to?

Holland and Princess come to mind. Carnival is clearly the leader in family cruises. You don't see many families with young children booking the other 2.

Holland and Princess come to mind. Carnival is clearly the leader in family cruises. You don't see many families with young children booking the other 2.

I really don't know about Princess, others here might opine, HAL certainly is for an older crowd.....a much older crowd. More expensive also.....

3. Ladies, where bikini tops that are two sizes too small and thong bottoms or other tight bikini bottoms.

Ahhh, have you seen some of the ladies on a cruise ship, yeah you got this situation already (again have you not seen some of the ladies on a cruise ship???) and its not pretty!

You are more likely to scare off the majority of the adults as well...wow, and how old are you??? Would much rather hear Marco...Polo all day!!!!

A call to GS will bring the pool supervisor to remove the parent and infant. Take a picture and send it to the Coast Guard for health code violations.

While diapered kids in pools can spread infectious germs, it's not a USCG regulated activity. It would be best not to waste their time with such a complaint.