Trusted Known Traveler

Currently the only port that has an expedited debarkation line for Global Entry cardholders is Port Everglades.

Another member has reported going through GE at the Port of Miami in December. He wasn't sure if it was a trial or a permanent installation.

To my knowledge, the Known Traveler Number is only relevant for airlines since it's a TSA thing. Port security, which is pretty much separate from the cruise check-in (aside from them having a copy of the manifest), isn't run by the TSA.

Also, the KTN doesn't provide the proof of citizenship that is required for the cruise check-in, nor is it useful to Customs/Immigration officers post-cruise, although if you have Global Entry (which does provides you a KTN for TSA use), you can use the Global Entry line after the cruise as Ken mentioned.

Global entry has not been an option for the last 2 cruises out of port Everglades. Even tho they technically have it. Also - the mobile passport was up and down.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We used GE in January and again in March at PE. They don't and never have had the ability to read the GE cards and you still have to show your passport but there is a separate line for people with GE that allows you to bypass the long line.

We went through on Indy just a couple weeks ago and we were told "no global entry" today. So off to the long line we went.

Well that's disheartening... I was really looking forward to being able to use GE :(

Allure uses terminal 18 which is different than the terminal that Indy uses. You will be able to use GE for your cruise on Allure.

That's how it worked with Serenade, weeks came into Terminal 18 it was available, other Terminal it wasn't...

Another member has reported going through GE at the Port of Miami in December. He wasn't sure if it was a trial or a permanent installation.

They did not have Global Entry at the Port of Miami when we went thru last November. They did have a person directing folks with GE to the head of the line.

They did not have Global Entry at the Port of Miami when we went thru last November. They did have a person directing folks with GE to the head of the line.

There was a GE kiosk in Miami when we went through in Jan but it wasn't manned so we could not use it.

Currently the only port that has an expedited debarkation line for Global Entry cardholders is Port Everglades.

I was told by a Custom Agent when we self assisted off the Navigator in early Feb. that there's is one in Miami, but it's not keenly advertised or not encouraged. I did not pursue as we got thru Customs so fast that we wound up at the airport 3 hours early.

KTN is only a TSA thing so no good for anything other than flying. CBP calls it Trusted Traveler.

We just applied for the SENTRI pass, which was a few more $$ than TSA Pre-Check. However, it includes TSA Pre-Check, GE Lanes, NEXUS Lanes (Canada), and land crossings at most ports of entry with Mexico. Only downside is you have to appear at an enrollment station for an interview, photograph, and fingerprints. The enrollment stations aren't that prevalent most are along the southern border, but they are opening some new ones further north.

Perhaps it may have been a trial in one of the terminals. We did a B2B Nov/Dec in and out of two different terminals and there was no GE in site.

Isn't Navigator currently sailing from Miami?

Yes. We were on the Navigator's second cruise after moving to Miami. Didn't see any GE there. Also, in my GE "interview" I was told by the Customs Officer that I probably wouldn't need it when I mentioned using it to clear customs at a port. I probably should have payed more attention to him in my 5 minute "interview" but he said it had something to do with the captain of the ship dictating to Customs how the disembarkation was supposed to be handled.

There was a GE kiosk in Miami when we went through in Jan but it wasn't manned so we could not use it.

We had the same situation in Miami on April 2. Global Entry signs but no kiosk open. In fact there was yellow tape blocking it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums