What's the most useful thing you pack?

I found this really cool six-pack of round magnets at the dollar store that had hooks on them.

Bungee cords and a few wooden clothes pins to leave out the bathing suits to dry out at night on the balcony.

I was going to say bungee cords too, same reason. But we don't do the clothes pins, we thread the bungee cord through the legs of the suits so they can't blow away. And when we're not on a balcony (short get away insides) we use those small, rubber coated hooked magnets and hang from the ceiling. Also, found on our first cruise the ship was rocking one night and the hangers were clacking. So hubby wrapped the cord around them and we got some sleep.

And since I mentioned clothes pins, if we're on an older ship that has the shower curtains, I bring a couple large plastic clothes pins (get at Dollar Tree) to clip to the bottom of the curtain. That way it doesn't attack us while we're showering.

For those that talked about Tums or the like, try Gaviscon. Best stuff ever! Needless to say, we have to bring our own.

Erika

I always bring my small Scentsy plug in warmer. Not only does it provide a nice night light for you room, but it makes your room smell nice too.

Anything with a heat source is on the prohibited list.

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/customersupport/faq/details.do?pagename=frequently_asked_questions&pnav=5&pnav=2&faqType=faq&faqSubjectId=333&faqSubjectName=Onboard+Policies&faqId=2608

I've seen in several pictures here that people have gotten a euro style plug to plug in a USB charging hub. Every ship I've been on so far had a euro style outlet and that just one more plug to use. I usually bring extra hangers as there's never enough. My GF brings what I call the zombie kit which contains all sorts of first aid type stuff as well as a sewing kit and small toiletries.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

I am a walking pharmacy when we travel, never been disappointed yet! If we are travelling with others, I bring more:

Immodium

allergy pills

advil PM (or equivalent)

OTC sleep aid

day time/night time cold relief (these have always been used, very cruise)

sudaphed

sinus/cold relief pills

band aids

salonpas cut-to-fit compresses

some vaseline

vicks vapo rub

any other specific OTC drugs you may need--i.e., abreva, hydro cortisone cream, etc

Also, lots of binder clips for hanging/drying clothes, a length of nylon cord for drying clothes (never used!), downy spray wrinkle remover, 1 or 2 plastic containers for snacks (in case ziplocs won't work), a corkscrew, a portable radio (for out on balcony, but quietly).

It's been weird, but we always need the cold meds when we cruise, us or people we have been with. Last cruise, we ended up giving a bunch of cold meds to friends we were cruising with who misplaced their supply.

have a great cruise

ML

I was going to say bungee cords too, same reason. But we don't do the clothes pins, we thread the bungee cord through the legs of the suits so they can't blow away.

Erika

You are not to leave anything out on the balcony when the ship is underway. It is a fire hazard at the very least. What if an ember from a cigarette or cigar lands on the swimsuit hanging out on your balcony and a fire starts? Star Princess (I believe it was 2006). Google it.

A few years back, we were going on a weekend cruise with my parents. I had to have an emergency crown done the week we were leaving. I told my dentist (who knows this) that I am THE person that would have issues while traveling. SO he gave me a couple packets of temporary cement and applicators should the temporary crown come off. Sitting at dinner the first night, I saw something near my plate. As I reached for it (thinking it was corn or something) the gentleman sitting across from me said not to touch it, it was HIS crown. I told him I had exactly the thing for him. I ran to my cabin, got one of the packets and applicators and HE went back to his cabin and reattached it. I still travel with the other packet and applicator. As a side note, I also travel with an over the counter emergency dental kit (for fillings and such). Rather have an not need then need and not have. :eek:

Erika

A few years back, we were going on a weekend cruise with my parents. I had to have an emergency crown done the week we were leaving. I told my dentist (who knows this) that I am THE person that would have issues while traveling. SO he gave me a couple packets of temporary cement and applicators should the temporary crown come off. Sitting at dinner the first night, I saw something near my plate. As I reached for it (thinking it was corn or something) the gentleman sitting across from me said not to touch it, it was HIS crown. I told him I had exactly the thing for him. I ran to my cabin, got one of the packets and applicators and HE went back to his cabin and reattached it. I still travel with the other packet and applicator. As a side note, I also travel with an over the counter emergency dental kit (for fillings and such). Rather have an not need then need and not have. :eek:

Erika

Would the ships med bay not have such things?

Would the ships med bay not have such things?

You know, that's an excellent question. I don't know. But I do know for the < $10 the emergency kit cost, it's cheaper and easier than going to the ships medical center. Plus I have it in my toiletries bag for any trip I go on.

Erika