Guy's burgers

MeganGC1983

Can I have your fries then? :D

Even my son, who is mostly vegetarian (he has sensory issues and isn't a fan of meat in general) will eat a Guy's Burger. I typically eat at least 2 Pig Pattys or Ringers every day we're on board a ship that has a Guy's. I also get a big dollop of the chipotle mayo to dip my fries in. :D

I've only ever had a bad burger from Guy's ONE time and that was on our last cruise. I ordered a Pig Patty and the bacon was:eek:BURNED. Like even after I scraped off the burned bacon, I could still taste it on the burger. Gross.:loudcry:

Can I have your fries then? :D

Even my son, who is mostly vegetarian (he has sensory issues and isn't a fan of meat in general) will eat a Guy's Burger. I typically eat at least 2 Pig Pattys or Ringers every day we're on board a ship that has a Guy's. I also get a big dollop of the chipotle mayo to dip my fries in. :D

I've only ever had a bad burger from Guy's ONE time and that was on our last cruise. I ordered a Pig Patty and the bacon was:eek:BURNED. Like even after I scraped off the burned bacon, I could still taste it on the burger. Gross.:loudcry:

I'll have to try the chipotle mayo on the fries... I'm a mayonnaise on fries fan!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

While the alleged chef is the Mayor of Douche-ville...

I literally snorted my drink and made it come out of my nose when I read that. I am so stealing that phrase! [emoji23]

The husband and I had the unfortunate experience of meeting him once, at a restaurant opening in our town. We call him Captain of the SS Douche Canoe. [emoji5]

Guy would not eat those burgers as he always professes medium rare. They are mediocre at best. If you need a bunch of crap on your burger to cover the taste, it's not a good burger. Stop comparing 5 Guys, another mediocre chain restaurant. Has anyone had a thick 1/2 lb burger cooked medium rare over a grill, not a flat top griddle soaking in it's own grease. I guess I am in the minority, but we just did not like Guy's burgers, overcooked, greasy, and fell apart on the bun. Next time any of you are in St.Martin, go to the Holland House right in Phillipsburg close to the ship. They make a 1/2 lb ground brisket, short rib and chuck burger. This might be the best burger I have ever eaten.

We will be in St. M in January. Planning to go to Divi Little Bay. Is Holland House any where near that?

As for Guys: I am a fan, but NOT of the fries. Wish they would offer them plain. Don't like the spices on them. (n)

As for Guys: I am a fan, but NOT of the fries. Wish they would offer them plain. Don't like the spices on them. (n)

I haven't been to Guys, but I may have a solution for you. If you want to attenuate the spice on the fries, don't have them with plain ketchup. Have them with fry sauce. Now, I don't know if Guy's has fry sauce but it's easy to make. It's one part ketchup and one part mayo. Take a couple pickle slices and squeeze out the juice into the mix. Stir it up in a little container and use that to dip your fries. I used to do this in Chili's. Worked a treat.

Other than Chipotle Mayo, what other sauces are on the fixin's bar? I'm a HUGE fan of dipping sauces with my burgers.... almost more interesting to me than the burger itself. The burger just becomes a "vehicle" for my dipping sauce ;p

I love the BBQ sauce in the bottle at the end of the cart. :hearteyes:

I haven't been to Guys, but I may have a solution for you. If you want to attenuate the spice on the fries, don't have them with plain ketchup. Have them with fry sauce. Now, I don't know if Guy's has fry sauce but it's easy to make. It's one part ketchup and one part mayo. Take a couple pickle slices and squeeze out the juice into the mix. Stir it up in a little container and use that to dip your fries. I used to do this in Chili's. Worked a treat.

Sounds like Russian dressing! Thanks for the tip, but I don't use ketchup either! :confused: No big deal, I just tell them to leave the fries off. When we were on Liberty, they had the BEST fries at the Fish and Chips. I went there to get a basket of fries, then got in line for a Guy's burger. They also have the potato stix at the fixin's buffet.

Over rated IMO. Its just another hamburger joint.

I kind of miss the "old Grill" where you could get a burger, hot dog and chicken strips. I LOVED those chicken strips! And they had the pita chips and melted cheese. I always made "nachos" for a mid afternoon snack. Pita chips with chili and melted cheese and throw a scoop of sour cream on the plate. ;) Not complaining about Guys, but I wouldn't let it sway me from cruising a ship that didn't have one.

I'll have to try the chipotle mayo on the fries... I'm a mayonnaise on fries fan!!

My wife won't dip fries in anything but tartar sauce. She's got the local McDonalds trained to give her a BIG cup of tartar sauce with her fries. It's sacrilege to dip Arby's and Checkers fries in anything, though. LOL

My wife won't dip fries in anything but tartar sauce. She's got the local McDonalds trained to give her a BIG cup of tartar sauce with her fries. It's sacrilege to dip Arby's and Checkers fries in anything, though. LOL

I dip my Arby's fries in their horsey sauce!! ❤️ sorry, not sorry!!

Agree on Checkers, but Arbys fries get dipped in 50/50 Arbys sauce/Horsey sauce mix! YUM!!

Not sure what Guy's personality has to do with the quality of the burger joint.:rolleyes:

The burgers are good for what they are - and included in the fare - not something to be compared to a $10 burger at 5 Guys or Red Robin nor with 1/2 lb burgers available on land. They are what the are. Nobody forces anyone to eat one - but with the length of the lines when Guy's opens it appears many, many CCL cruisers enjoy them.:ship:

Not sure what Guy's personality has to do with the quality of the burger joint.:rolleyes:

The burgers are good for what they are - and included in the fare - not something to be compared to a $10 burger at 5 Guys or Red Robin nor with 1/2 lb burgers available on land. They are what the are. Nobody forces anyone to eat one - but with the length of the lines when Guy's opens it appears many, many CCL cruisers enjoy them.:ship:

Exactly. I also dont see how giving an opinion on the burger in any sort of way answers the question posted by the OP but lo and behold, the haters come.

I like Guys. Far from the best burger Ive ever had but far from the worst. I like the fact that they are included in the cruise fare. SOME cruise lines charge for their cooked to order burgers. I dont see why we have to compare things on a cruise ship to things on land though. Its going on in the steakhouse thread too and its just absurd.

Exactly. I also dont see how giving an opinion on the burger in any sort of way answers the question posted by the OP but lo and behold, the haters come.

I like Guys. Far from the best burger Ive ever had but far from the worst. I like the fact that they are included in the cruise fare. SOME cruise lines charge for their cooked to order burgers. I dont see why we have to compare things on a cruise ship to things on land though. Its going on in the steakhouse thread too and its just absurd.

Best post on the thread.

not sure what guy's personality has to do with the quality of the burger joint.:rolleyes:

The burgers are good for what they are - and included in the fare - not something to be compared to a $10 burger at 5 guys or red robin nor with 1/2 lb burgers available on land. They are what the are. Nobody forces anyone to eat one - but with the length of the lines when guy's opens it appears many, many ccl cruisers enjoy them.:ship:

great point. :)