Equnoix A-1 Aqua booking questions...

dis2cruise

My TA told me that A-1 ( Equinox) are available however, they are located with a " bump" balcony. Now, I do have a couple of questions if anyone could answer that would greatly be

appreciated:D

1. Are they generally larger ( balcony)

2. Are they more shady?

3. My TA told me since the the balcony is bigger there's no sofa in th stateroom just a bed?

4. What deck would be better are they above a floor that's loud??

5. She also told me ( maybe she's pulling the wool over my eyes, lol) but she said guests love these balcony bumps...your thoughts.

Thanks so much for all who help answer, I would love to book today if I can!!

1. Are they generally larger ( balcony)

2. Are they more shady?

3. My TA told me since the the balcony is bigger there's no sofa in th stateroom just a bed?

4. What deck would be better are they above a floor that's loud??

5. She also told me ( maybe she's pulling the wool over my eyes, lol) but she said guests love these balcony bumps...your thoughts.

1) The balconies on the slant have larger balconies. Most of the A1's are not on the slant itself and have the same size balconies as every other cabin.

2) If you are on the slant, you have a shady area and generally a more sunny area. The other A1's are under a larger overhang so they are more shady (of course depending on where the sun is).

3) Bah...no truth to this at all....all A1's have sofas (at least all I've seen or stayed in).

4)All the A1's are on one deck so this is a moot point. Most are under the pool deck so there is a risk of noise from above as chairs get moved or someone rolls a heavy cart from one end to the other (and yes, that happens).

5) Yes...the cabins on the slant are the preferred cabins due to the larger balconies and wider view.

I'm with Willman...get a new agent!

I switched from the agency I've used on my last 5 cruises to a new one due to inaccurate crap like you were told.

When I know more accurate information and am more aware of promos than an "agent", they are a waste of my time and money!

We've stayed in 1547 on Eclipse (would be exactly the same on Equinox and on Solstice). It's on the angle of the hump, front facing. Very deep balcony so lots of shade. It's windier when you're on the rail because it's forward-facing. Rear-facing balconies on the angle of the hump have less wind.

I have to also agree that a TA who gives such bogus information is one I'd leave! Get with one of the big box TAs who give you a lot more perks. Of COURSE you have a sofa!!! There are no cabins that just have the bed and that's it!!

We love Blu, and although we've been in suites lately, we still sometimes eat in Blu and wouldn't hesitate on a very port-intensive cruise to sail AQ again since we're in the room so little. Have a great cruise!!!!

We choose Penthouse deck if we can over any others (deck 11). On the aft cabins (S1 sky suites) there are cabins above and below. On the AQ we found it very quiet at least in 1547. If proximity to stairs/elevator is important to you then it's not far. If proximity to the spa area/relaxation room (!) is important, then you're golden.

On the Equinox and Eclipse, A1 & A2 cabins are on deck 11. This gives you easier access to the spa.

Stick with cabins under the Solarium if you want the quietest.

A1 cabins 1547, 1549, 1552 and 1554 are listed as partially obstructed view cabins.

We stick with A2 cabins, to be under the spa or under suites. They are ALL quiet.

I agree, change to a big box TA.

Sent from my SM-T713 using Forums mobile app

I am just thinking out of the box but maybe, just maybe, the TA mentioned that the particular room she chose for her client did not have a sofa bed, meaning it was a cabin that slept two. I don't think any of the Aqua Class cabins sleep more than 2 ... so maybe that is what she was referring to. Without hearing the actual conversation, we couldn't know ... but that sounds logical to me. Now, if she really said it had no sofa, then I do think she gave her client some bad info.

The only issue I've heard about those 'bump out cabins' on the slant of the hump in the forward area of the S-Class ships is that the window washing equipment is located there and some people found that to be bothersome. I can tell you, it would not bother me in the least but those that complained mentioned they were photographers and could never get a decent picture off their balcony. Well, maybe that's a bit of an exaggeration, but who I am to know what bothers some and not others. I can only speak for myself that it wouldn't convince me not to book one of these cabins. The noise from the pool deck above would be my main concern, but I don't believe those forward hump cabins are directly under the pool deck so aren't subjected to the noise of those that are further aft. I have only stayed in AQ once and chose an A2 cabin aft of the midship stairs mainly because of the pool deck (mid) and gym (forward) noise from above.

In AQ class (A1) there are only 12 cabins on the hump (deck 11) and yes, they have bigger balconies. We stay in AQ all the time and there is always a sofa in the room.

We have been in 1599 and loved it. Some complain about chair scraping on the deck above (pool deck) but we never heard anything. You should look at the sticky for S class cabins and see what people say about the various cabins.

The best thing about an A1 cabin is not the balcony but the fact that you get to eat in Blu. Did your TA mention that to you? I think I agree with others that you need a new TA.

Edited by TeaBag

With a statement like that you may want to consider a new TA.

You took the words out of my mouth!LOL The cabin size/furninshing is the same as every other Aqua cabin, the balcony is larger due to the extra space on the bump! OP may want to go to cruisedeckplans.com. It will show you which cabins have oversized balconies, you can superimpose one deck atop another to see exactly what will be above you, and there are even stars that indicate noise, smoke etc. It should be a better resource than the advice you say you were provided.

If the TA said this type of cabin in on the "bump" maybe she is referring to a 1A which are all on the hump rather than an A1 Aqua class cabin.

I thought this too, at first, and then I noticed the word "aqua" in the title of the post. But you could be right, as this TA doesn't seem to know as much as the posters on here. Maybe we should all be travel agents!

Yes, I think she's referring to a 1A, and those are on several different decks. I have stayed in one of them many times, and they're delightful. The larger balconies are terrific -- partly sunny, partly shady and always roomy. Every one I've stayed in has indeed had a sofa.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Our former TA did not cruise much as the new ships came on line,,,she would call and ask me about Celeb ships...Nice lady but not up to date,.,

We prefer AQ 2...in a quiet area.. in lieu of the big balcs..but sometimes we take those as well. Avoid anything under the Aquaspa kitchen..

• 2 weeks later...

As I'm aging, I also believe to be getting wiser.....We gave up on TA's, rather just use the internet and CC for valuable information and you can do just as good if not better......plus a whole lot of knowledge on this site, or opinion's anyway...great sailing and good luck