How late can you disembark generally?

They have ship shore excursions you can go on for the day with airport drop offs.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes I might look into that but flying to Canada I believe is considered international and I think our flight time for the excursions needs to be later than 3pm if my memory serves me right. I will definitely check though. It's not like I really need to stay on board to eat just one last meal or snack!!!

We always fly home the day after so are in no rush to get off. Around 9:30 folks start asking you if you need help disembarking, 10:00 is you don't have to go home but you can't stay here.

Finding our bags is a breeze and there is little to no customs line.

Remember it takes 45 minutes to get to MCO from Port Canaveral without traffic. And, the security check in lines are usually very long on Sundays unless you have TSA Pre. Then, you have to take a train to your gate.

Last Sunday, the TSA line for SouthWest was almost an hour long!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They want you out of your cabin by 8am...and off the ship by 10am. Hanging for 2 hours in public areas with your bags sucks. The last morning is anything but fun. Any and all service you've come to expect all week is conspicuously missing on that last morning. They want you gone.

On a similar note: Royal trialed a program called "late disembarkation" where you could pay extra to stay onboard until the afternoon for an additional fee. On back-to-back cruises they do the zero count before letting you back onboard, so I assume this has been discontinued. However, you might ask and see if they still do this.

Edited by WeighAnchor

On a similar note: Royal trialed a program where you could pay extra to stay onboard until the early afternoon for an additional fee. I can think of a thousand reasons why this wouldn't work, but does anyone know the "official reason" it didn't last very long?

SInce the ship needs to be cleared before boarding can begin, that sure wouldn't go over very well for those anxious to board on the next cruise. I'm sure they would get a lot of complaints about that.

Horrible I can't find any flights earlier than 7pm. And nothing later then 7:15am. I'm thinking that's too early?

I'd just about be willing to guarantee you someone will post that they have made a 7am flight and here's how...

We always fly home the day after so are in no rush to get off. Around 9:30 folks start asking you if you need help disembarking, 10:00 is you don't have to go home but you can't stay here.

Finding our bags is a breeze and there is little to no customs line.

Ha! This was exactly our experience on Indy in March. At 10am the line was still snaking down the stairs up to deck 3, so we plopped onto the sofas near Studio B. Not ten minutes later one of the activities staff approached us and asked, politely but firmly, that we make our way to the line.

It took quite a while to get off the ship and through customs, but there were a lot of college kids and someone speculated that it was slow due to each student having to clear customs as an individual, versus families clearing several people together.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Edited by macdon9876

On a similar note: Royal trialed a program called "late disembarkation" where you could pay extra to stay onboard until the afternoon for an additional fee. On back-to-back cruises they do the zero count before letting you back onboard, so I assume this has been discontinued. However, you might ask and see if they still do this.

I did a little more research and it looks like "Late Disembarkation" was (but may still be) offered only on select ships in Europe.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2442762

US Customs has to clear the ship with no passengers on it before embarkation for the next cruise can begin.

On our last cruise, the previous cruise passengers were delayed due to long lines at Customs and our embarkation did not start until after 11AM.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I did a little more research and it looks like "Late Disembarkation" was (but may still be) offered only on select ships in Europe.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2442762

This is offered on ships that are inter-porting - so half the population boards in Barcelona, the other in Rome, so there isn't ever a zero count. We had this option on Harmony last summer.

They want you out of your cabin by 8am...and off the ship by 10am. Hanging for 2 hours in public areas with your bags sucks. The last morning is anything but fun. Any and all service you've come to expect all week is conspicuously missing on that last morning. They want you gone.

This is not true. We have always been treated courteously and respectfully with full service until the very last goodbye at the gangway. I feel sad for you that you don't seem to get the same level of service that the rest of the passengers do....

This is not true. We have always been treated courteously and respectfully with full service until the very last goodbye at the gangway. I feel sad for you that you don't seem to get the same level of service that the rest of the passengers do....

Thank you Langley. I was about to post the same thing. She (cb) says this all the time and I agree that it is just not true. Of course, they need to move everything along, but everyone is always polite and willing to help you if help is needed.:)

Thank you Langley. I was about to post the same thing. She (cb) says this all the time and I agree that it is just not true. Of course, they need to move everything along, but everyone is always polite and willing to help you if help is needed.:)

I swear at least half of her responses are done in auto text and are frequently wrong as well.

Maybe from FLL with an early ship arrival, but no way from MCO.

Well I booked the later flight. Will be stuck In fll for a bit but rather then rushing and it's a nonstop back to lax. I get wanting passengers off board but I rennet them being staggered depending on your flight times. This gives us time to get to airport but we will not have a car and we will have luggage. Flight leaves at 7pm what does everyone do sit at airport?

Do something around town, rent a car, get out, do something, but don't sit at the airport.

Last time I did it, I did sit at the airport with my tablet, working on organizing my photos. Read a book. Caught up on the worldly goings on that I missed while cruising. Nothing wrong with sitting at the airport.