Chair fights at the pool

LOL

Can I buy a 3-day package instead, just for sea days? :evilsmile:

SaveSave

If you're only planning to use the free locker 3 days, it is best to just buy the locker package for $149. Everyone in the cabin must buy it.

If you're only planning to use the free locker 3 days, it is best to just buy the locker package for $149. Everyone in the cabin must buy it.

And no sharing your locker package with other cruisers!!!! :mad:

And no sharing your locker package with other cruisers!!!! :mad:

Even if they put open cubbies at the towel stations and you could give your items to an attendant and get a numbered tag to claim your items that would help. These things are not going to solve chair hog issues, but they alleviate the part of the problem where people will claim a chair just so they have a place to leave items.

Given how many adults brag they will move anyones stuff at any time (even if they walk away for 4 seconds), I'd rather have my stuff secured and don't need the chair at all.

You know it would be $179 on Oasis class, by the way.

Great idea!

Perhaps people could simply use their Sea Pass Cards to lock and unlock them. That way we could charge their accounts automatically. I think $10 per hour sounds like a reasonable rate.

Sincerely,

J.L.

CFO

RCCL

:D

18% gratuity will be added for your convenience.

Even if they put open cubbies at the towel stations and you could give your items to an attendant and get a numbered tag to claim your items that would help. These things are not going to solve chair hog issues, but they alleviate the part of the problem where people will claim a chair just so they have a place to leave items.

Given how many adults brag they will move anyones stuff at any time (even if they walk away for 4 seconds), I'd rather have my stuff secured and don't need the chair at all.

You know it would be $179 on Oasis class, by the way.

I agree with you 99%. It would have been 100% but on Oasis class it would be $199 ;)

I shot this photo on the Harmony recently just before 7 am on a sea day. It looks like well more than half of the chairs have been "reserved" already.

DSCN1222_zpsqnprjpqt.jpg

"Chair Hogging" is a tradition on RCI ships.

I don't know of any workable solution.

Anyone who really wants chairs can go early and sit in them.

Like the other guy said.

Want a chair by the pool, get up early and get one.

You can't roll out of bed a 11:30 and expect to find anything in the best location.

Then have the nerve to complain about it.

I have never had a problem getting a pool-side chair in the morning.

Just have to be there early.

So don't even think of trying to take mine.....

So, the real problem is getting chairs by the pool? Why exactly is that the desired spot? I would think it is loud.

loud and crowded. and do you see the chairs are literally up against each other sometimes? who would want that? what if your neighbor sucks and is loud or snores when they are sleeping etc.

i live a very sheltered life so i dont understand the fight for any chair:

do people not have pools and sun where they live?

who in the world gets up 'that early' on vacation to reserve a seat? thats nuts. sleep in on vacation!

is there a reason why it pays to be near a pool. other than disability i dont get why poolside is that valuable and desired. i think it's a 'winning' mentality that people want to have something close and to brag about it.

also i had very limited time on ships but from the little ive seen, the pools themselves have never been even remotely crowded. (just kids pools). so why does everyone wanna be near the water?

that being said, dont the people that are in the water annoy you if you are in the front row? :)

i guess i'm in the minority here but i would feel not right leaving my stuff on a chair and even going up for a snack. unless one of my party would stay with the chairs. my feeling is if i snooze i lose. doubt anyone here feels that way but lil ole me

Chair fights. A new activity to replace the horse racing. Lay your bets.

Seriously, we have seen crew members removing items from unoccupied chairs but have also seen chairs go all day with only a towel and flip flops. Not that we are diligently keeping track, but if the chairs are right beside you and you never see anyone in them you tend to notice. We tend to take our stuff if we are going to be away for more than 10-15 minutes and then just find another spot if & when we return. Usually that means we are going to the WJ or to the cabin. We think this is just common courtesy, but some seem to have more of a sense of entitlement I guess. In any case, we do not get bent out of shape over it. There are plenty of chairs to be had just maybe not where you prefer.

The only reason I *need* a chair by the pool is if my kids are swimming. I don't want them in the pool without me (or another adult in our group) watching them.

It is frustrating to not be able to find any place to sit that is close enough to watch over them, if I don't want to be in the pool too. A small section for parents actively watching their kids would be nice. No reserving allowed.

maybe they should put numbered positions on the decks for chairs, then assign those to cabins in order based on cabin catagory starting with suites then balcony, OV, inside. or maybe by status, pinnacle, diamond+, diamond, etc.

You know that really is fair, those that pay more get more. -:)

They already have reserved areas for suites and high level C&A members. Those areas ARE enforced. Some suite area require room key access.

How pool staff handles this varies....on our last southern caribbean B2B on Adventure...the staff was extremely diligent...they were definitely watching..had post-it's and were writing the times on them and sticking them under suspicious chairs....and followed through in removing items. :'):')

I saw that too on Adventure a few weeks ago. We had grabbed a couple chairs in the shade by the pool after breakfast (9ish) and noticed a lady and daughter combo throw towels, flip flops, fruit and plates from the windjammer on 8 chairs shortly after we sat down. The daughter spent maybe a half hour in a chair and the mom went for a swim in the solarium and came back for maybe 5 minutes before they left to never be seen again....despite pulling 8 seats out of use for any other passenger. Around 10:30, the pool crew came by and put post it notes with a time on every other seat they were "reserving" and then came by periodically checking watches. Eventually they pulled the towels and other paraphernalia off 4 of the seats, but left the other 4. We left after lunch at around 1:30 and those ladies had never once been back and still had 4 chairs held hostage by towels.

I live in Texas, the people here are not genteel. They are no more considerate or patient than people on the east coast. The southern hospitality thing is a myth. I do agree they move slower, but I think that is more of a response to the gawd awful heat.

Spot on post! Talk about stereotypical comments...east coast people come in all shapes, sizes and personalities just like in any other part of the country. I truly do go out of my way not to be obnoxious in any way, and I was born and have lived most of my life on the east coast. This idea of the South being so positively hospitable and lovely and "genteel" all the time everywhere tends to rankle especially when one has personal experience that it is a myth at least sometimes. :D

Spot on post! Talk about stereotypical comments...east coast people come in all shapes, sizes and personalities just like in any other part of the country. I truly do go out of my way not to be obnoxious in any way, and I was born and have lived most of my life on the east coast. This idea of the South being so positively hospitable and lovely and "genteel" all the time everywhere tends to rankle especially when one has personal experience that it is a myth at least sometimes. :D

Being from the South, I am offended by that. Wanna fight about it? :D

Being from the South, I am offended by that. Wanna fight about it? :D

No I don'!, and you can take your tongue out of your cheek now.:D How about we just meet one day on a cruise and have a couple of drinks and toast to good, kind people EVERYWHERE ? ;)

No I don'!, and you can take your tongue out of your cheek now.:D How about we just meet one day on a cruise and have a couple of drinks and toast to good, kind people EVERYWHERE ? ;)

I'll buy. Then you buy. Repeat as necessary.

Give me some shade and a sea view!

I'm with you there. No desire whatsoever to sit in the sun by the pool and roast. Probably why we liked the Solarium on Anthem so much. Pretty much a nice view from any seat.

I'm with you there. No desire whatsoever to sit in the sun by the pool and roast. Probably why we liked the Solarium on Anthem so much. Pretty much a nice view from any seat.

what has your experience been temp wise in there. i, too, do not like baking in the sun. booked anthem mostly for the solarium and two70 indoor places as well as what i see appear to be many other indoor 'free seating' places on board.