new cruisers

:ship:(yn):confused::cool::') My husband and I are taking our dream vacation , it is our honey moon/ 24th wedding Anniversary. We are really excited and nervous at the same time neither one of us have ever been to Florida , taken a cruise, went through a toll booth so so many first things for us . We are going on MSC in Sept. so I have a couple of questions , 1. does anyone have suggestions of a certain type of power strip to take , 2. Does MSC allow for a small fan , 3. do they allow you take your own pillows and blanket . I apologize for the silly questions but thank you in advance for any help . Also hope to possiably meet some new people .

Welcome aboard - now take some time to breathe ;-)

You may want to check the Frequently Asked Questions [FAQ] section of MSC's web site, and also visit the MSC section of the Cruise Critic boards.

:ship:(yn):confused::cool::') My husband and I are taking our dream vacation , it is our honey moon/ 24th wedding Anniversary. We are really excited and nervous at the same time neither one of us have ever been to Florida , taken a cruise, went through a toll booth so so many first things for us . We are going on MSC in Sept. so I have a couple of questions , 1. does anyone have suggestions of a certain type of power strip to take

What & how many devices will you need to have plugged in at once?

Check the MSC FAQ about your cabin - there may be both 110 volt american style sockets and some sort of european style. Many chargers for devices can handle both voltages with a plug adapter.

If you need a power strip - most 'surge protectors' actually create a safety hazard on shipboard electrical systems.

, 2. Does MSC allow for a small fan ,

Fans are typically allowed - most heat generating appliances [irons, steamers] are forbidden, again check the MSC FAQ list.

3. do they allow you take your own pillows and blanket . I apologize for the silly questions but thank you in advance for any help . Also hope to possiably meet some new people .

We've never needed a power strip..we plug and unplug as needed. If you do bring one, get one WITHOUT a surge protector...they don't allow that kind. I always bring a small (5 inch) desk fan with an extension cord. Your cabin will have AC!

You don't need to bring pillows, blankets, sheets or towels. You will be provided both bath and pool/beach towels and they will be changed out as needed!

Tool booths...pull up to the "full service" lane!!!

thank you Grandma Dazzles ,Old bear, and CB for the advice I hope you enjoy your cruises , I am so excited sometimes I think I do forget to breath lol ,Old Bear it will just be 1 Ipad and our 2 phones and a camera My husband also has a c-Pap machine

thank you Grandma Dazzles ,Old bear, and CB for the advice I hope you enjoy your cruises , I am so excited sometimes I think I do forget to breath lol ,Old Bear it will just be 1 Ipad and our 2 phones and a camera My husband also has a c-Pap machine

Contact the cruise line in advance regarding provision of whatever is needed to accommodate the CPAP.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

This is the type of outlet you will have on Divina. Note that the US plugs are sideways.

Divina10_zpsimhuxegz.jpg

This is the type of outlet multiplier I travel with. It can be rotated, depending on the directions of the outlets. It comes in surge protected and non-surge protected. It has two USB ports and four US plug outlets

DSC00253_zpsrr4cc8oy.jpg

DSC00255_zpsk6klrqwp.jpg

My sister adds another device to it which has two USB ports. We find the only thing we travel with that needs a regular socket is my laptop. Our phones, ipads, ereaders all use USB.

DSC00257_zpsnwjppfvg.jpg EM

Love my pillows and my blankets at home but I don't even think about taking them on a cruise. I've asked for extra pillows before and we even had to ask for a blanket to be added on one cruise but I've always done just fine with whatever the ship provides. Too much trouble to schlep it in the luggage onto the ship, even if we drive. Unless you are extremely attached to a particular blanket, I'd leave it at home, even though I'm pretty sure you are allowed to bring it on any cruise line.

SecurityBlanket.gif

Suggestion... handy item to have when meeting people on cruise is some personal "business" cards. You can either buy sheets of cards and print your own or use places like Vista Print. We did them for our 25th anniversary cruise and will be again for 40th coming up. We just include names and email address for staying in touch. Be creative and be sure to include ship and sailing date.

I purchased the first one at Radio Shack, but I got another on Amazon. They come in various colors, just make sre you get the one without surge protection. they are called Power Cube.

https://www.amazon.com/PowerCube-Original-Outlet-Power-Adapter/dp/B01860ON0S/ref=sr_1_44?ie=UTF8&qid=1493846268&sr=8-44&keywords=power+cube