Carnival changed cruise length

canes20

I had a 5 day booked out of Mobile for April 21, 2018, it is now an 8 day. I did not receive an email or call about the change, I was just checking for and rate decrease because booked early saver. My booking was gone so as I was looking to see what happened, I found the cruise was now 8 days. Called Carnival and they said it just changed and I could either pay more and go on the 8 day or could find another cruise to take. I just wanted to be refunded what had already paid and I would look at what other cruises I would like but of course was told it would be $50 per person penalty for booking under early saver. I read that if itinerary changes for reasons within Carnival's exclusive control, guests will have the opportunity to cancel without penalty. They are saying the cruise wasn't cancelled just changed and I would be the one cancelling if I want a refund. Any thoughts on if this should be a complete refund even though booked early saver?

I would call again and give them the information you saw regarding the change of itinerary and that you should be given the opportunity to cancel based on that information. Ask for a supervisor if you get a hard time and ask them to explain to you why you were not notified and why you are not given the opportunity to cancel until you decide what to do.

Sometimes email land in Junk or Spam. If you booked thru a TA then they would have received notice.

Doesn't make sense that you wouldn't be allowed to change because it's a fundamental change, lengthening of a cruise not just a change of port.

What about the non refundable airfare you booked 6 months ago, hotel rooms? I have never heard of Carnival changing the amount of days, itinerary yes.

No way any air could be booked, the cruise is a April 18. Doubt hotels are booked either, and if they are, doubtful they are not refundable.

I would think with a different call, this cruise will be totally refunded. The number of day change is a significant Carnival change. As suggested, speak to a supervisor.

Thanks for the replies. We will still be going on a cruise in April so probably just need to find a new one and transfer what has been paid. I booked 2 months ago and the Mobile cruise was what we wanted and prices have all went up. I will see what other cruises look good and decide if I want to just cancel and continue to look.

No way any air could be booked, the cruise is a April 18. Doubt hotels are booked either, and if they are, doubtful they are not refundable.
It is possible for hotels to book that far out. Our cruise is in June '18 and I've been checking hotels. There haven't been any open for June yet, but some have April open. Both refundable & non-refundable rates.

I would call Carnival and speak with a supervisor. They changed the number of days for your ORIGINAL cruise. They should be totally responsible for any change. On the other hand, after I read your post I just have to book this cruise. 8 days out of Mobile is perfect for us. I wonder if this is during spring break next year? Other than that it is perfect for us.

I would call Carnival and speak with a supervisor. They changed the number of days for your ORIGINAL cruise. They should be totally responsible for any change. On the other hand, after I read your post I just have to book this cruise. 8 days out of Mobile is perfect for us. I wonder if this is during spring break next year? Other than that it is perfect for us.

Spring Break should be long over, as Easter is April 1, 2018. EM

If Carnival were bound by decency and US commercial laws, they would have to honor their booking and allow you the 8 day cruise at no additional cost. You made a good faith booking and they changed it afterwards.

To me it's a question of how Carnival treats its customers and in this case, there is not a lot of fairness or integrity that I can see.

Whatever happened to Customer First? It's more like "Profit First"

Before this escalates again and the next persons says

SUE CARNIVAL!....

You guys know that calling Carnival Customer Service is a crapshoot. Call one, don't like the answer, hang up and call again. The OP just needs to call back and speak to a supervisor. Changing a cruise by 3 days is a huge deal, and I'm sure they will refund.

Deep breath!

Next time consider getting your own PVP. They usually have better info.

Spring Break should be long over, as Easter is April 1, 2018. EM

Spring Break varies through the country. Local Colleges may or may not differ from local elementary and high schools.

Some break as early as February, some don't break until late April.

Google is your friend.

Call back and speak to a supervisor, demand a refund. If they won't refund it, charge it back. This may not help if you plan on booking Carnival again in the future, but if they treated me like that, I wouldn't sail with them again anyways.

I have had a cruise shortened by 1 day but weird I have never seen one increased

As you said they changed it so regardless of what way you booked it should be 100% refundable and/or transferable as it is not your fault as you did not change the original booking

http://www.al.com/news/mobile/index.ssf/2017/04/carnival_to_offer_longer_cruis.html

By Lawrence Specker | lspecker@al.com

Email the author | Follow on Twitter

on April 25, 2017 at 2:16 PM, updated April 25, 2017 at 2:28 PM

Mobile tourism and government officials trumpeted the news Tuesday that the Carnival Fantasy will sail out of Mobile on some longer voyages in 2018.

New destinations apparently will include Key West, Nassau, the Panama Canal and the Costa Rican port of Limon.

Visit Mobile was quick to express hope that the longer trips - which include six-, eight- and 10-day trips, will be a boon to the city in multiple ways. The tourism bureau embraced the possibility that the longer trips will provide cruisers "an even greater opportunity to visit and spend time in Mobile before or after they set sail."..........

Huerta said that it is "not uncommon for us to change up an itinerary rotation on an occasional basis to offer new options to our guests," but said the company was "excited to be offering these new voyages from Mobile."

According to de la Huerta, the new offerings are:

• Two six-day cruises to Cozumel and Grand Cayman or Mahogany Bay (Isla Roatan) departing April 29 and Nov. 11, 2018.
  • A pair of eight-day voyages - one visiting Costa Maya (Mexico), Mahogany Bay, Belize, Cozumel, and Progreso, Mexico departing April 21, 2018, and another visiting Key West, Freeport, Nassau and the private Bahamian destination of Princess Cays departing Nov. 3, 2018.
  • A 10-day Carnival Journeys cruise that includes a partial transit of the Panama Canal and calls at Limon (Costa Rica), Mahogany Bay and Cozumel departing Sept. 17, 2018.

What about the non refundable airfare you booked 6 months ago, hotel rooms?
Airlines won't be offering those flights for purchase for another three weeks. Hotels can be canceled and properly purchased travel insurance should cover any expenses that aren't refunded.

I had a 5 day booked out of Mobile for April 21, 2018, it is now an 8 day. I did not receive an email or call about the change, I was just checking for and rate decrease because booked early saver. My booking was gone so as I was looking to see what happened, I found the cruise was now 8 days. Called Carnival and they said it just changed and I could either pay more and go on the 8 day or could find another cruise to take. I just wanted to be refunded what had already paid and I would look at what other cruises I would like but of course was told it would be $50 per person penalty for booking under early saver. I read that if itinerary changes for reasons within Carnival's exclusive control, guests will have the opportunity to cancel without penalty. They are saying the cruise wasn't cancelled just changed and I would be the one cancelling if I want a refund. Any thoughts on if this should be a complete refund even though booked early saver?

Wow. We were booked on a 5 day on the Triumph back in 2015. They changed it to a 6 day, added an additional port to the other two already on the itinerary, and changed the ship to the Magic, at no extra charge. But we got an email as soon as the change occurred and were told that if for any reason we could not do the 6 day we could cancel with no penalty, and we had booked early saver. Needless to say we were ecstatic!

All we had to do was change the night before hotel reservation in Galveston that I had already paid for through Kayak that was nonrefundable. But I talked to them and when they could not move us to a different night, although they didn't have to, they did refund the $ and we booked elsewhere for the new night. I called Carnival to see if they would reimburse us before I got it refunded, since the change in schedule was on their end, but they said they only did that when you had air fare booked, not for hotels.

One of our Christmas week CCL cruises was changed from a 7 day sailing to a 9 day "holiday" sailing. We were "grandfathered" into the change - no price increase, as we had booked many months before the change in itinerary/dates was announced. The cruise before us was shortened by 2 days. CCL should grandfather you in also, since they made the change.

There are several longer cruises out of Mobile now for next year with the 4/21/18 one being the first of them. Another 8 day and a 10 day one is a partial Panama Canal Transit and there are two 6 day cruises next year as well. Booking for them opened last week and I booked the April 21 one that you were on as the 5 day. You can read information about them in this article. http://www.al.com/news/mobile/index.ssf/2017/04/carnival_to_offer_longer_cruis.html