WHAT HAPPENS IF I CANCEL 1 OF 3 PERSONS IN A BOARDWALK BALCONY 3 -4 person- ROOM ?

HI- I want to make reservations for a cruise on OASIS for Dec- 2018. Our adult- 21- by then child/man might go with us ( if he can't find anything more fun to do that week,lol ). If I book for 3 people now-and pick our room-what happens-if I have to drop him off the reservation-before the 90 day payment- I want a boardwalk balcony room- near the end. If I cancel him for a 3 person room-do they change our room to a 2 person room-with a less desirable view?-thanks-Melinda

Your stateroom could get changed. The only way to ensure it won't get changed is to pay and have the 3rd person be a no show.

Another option would be to cancel right before the 30 day mark. That is the full refund day for the 3rd/4th guests.

Your stateroom could get changed. The only way to ensure it won't get changed is to pay and have the 3rd person be a no show.

Another option would be to cancel right before the 30 day mark. That is the full refund day for the 3rd/4th guests.

Bob, I thought that it was at the 15 day mark which is the start of the full penalty phase.

• Like 1

Bob, I thought that it was at the 15 day mark which is the start of the full penalty phase.

You could very well be correct Ken, I've not looked that up in a while.

I'm in the same boat. Pun intended. I need to remove my daughter from a triple cabin. She is pregnant and will be beyond the 24 week mark [emoji15]. They said that the revenue department has the final say. We have 3 adjacent cabins, so if her cabin gets moved, I need to move the other two and try to get them together.

mac_tlc

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

When we did this last year (adjacent cabins, one with 2 one with 3) when we called in to cancel the third person we were told we couldn't cancel the third person without changing cabins. Spoke to three people, got the same response, said the computer wouldn't let them keep us in the room with only 2 people. That was on Harmony, not sure if it makes a difference.

When we did this last year (adjacent cabins, one with 2 one with 3) when we called in to cancel the third person we were told we couldn't cancel the third person without changing cabins. Spoke to three people, got the same response, said the computer wouldn't let them keep us in the room with only 2 people. That was on Harmony, not sure if it makes a difference.

That's why I was thinking the best thing to do would be to pay for the third person and have them be a no show.

• Like 1

This happened to me today... I am a TA and had a client who was booked into a triple cabin on deck 9 balcony. The third person found someone to go with him. So I had to move the remaining people out of that cabin to a double. It was an occupancy restricted cabin for 3. So I ended up with another balcony on deck 7.

I'm in the same boat. Pun intended. I need to remove my daughter from a triple cabin. She is pregnant and will be beyond the 24 week mark [emoji15]. They said that the revenue department has the final say. We have 3 adjacent cabins, so if her cabin gets moved, I need to move the other two and try to get them together.

mac_tlc

Update. Revenue dept told us we would have to move when I removed the third person. Had no choice . Moved to three adjacent doubles on deck 8, and two are adjoining. Right near the front stairs. Not bad.

mac_tlc

• 2 years later...

I have a similar situation.  My son and his girlfriend are in a boardwalk balcony. But she is not able to go after we have paid in full. I did get travel insurance upon booking. The cruise is Sept 1st. Any advice on what to do. Will RC change his room ? Should I call and cancel her ? I have read thru a few threads but dont know what to do. Any input would help.

3 minutes ago, Miclin said:

I have a similar situation.  My son and his girlfriend are in a boardwalk balcony. But she is not able to go after we have paid in full. I did get travel insurance upon booking. The cruise is Sept 1st. Any advice on what to do. Will RC change his room ? Should I call and cancel her ? I have read thru a few threads but dont know what to do. Any input would help.

There are a lot of factors in play here.  Is her reason for canceling one that is covered by insurance?  If it is, does the insurance you purchased cover the additional expense your son will incur if she gets a refund because of the insurance?  Your son may be charged as a single occupant of a 2 person cabin.  It is doubtful he will be moved to another cabin if it is a cabin for 2 even if he is the only one in the cabin.

If the insurance doesn't cover her cancellation, then I'd have her be a no show and she will get a refund of port fees and your son won't be charged anything more.  I'd check with whomever has your booking and ask few questions as well as calling the insurance company and asking questions making sure you tell them you don't know if this is going to happen, but are just checking.

Insurance wont cover her. She was being a jerk and my son called her out on it. Call it a break up . 

Thank you for your help. Best way to get over a break up is a cruise with extra cabins space. 

Bahahaha ...

21 minutes ago, Miclin said:

Insurance wont cover her. She was being a jerk and my son called her out on it. Call it a break up . 

Thank you for your help. Best way to get over a break up is a cruise with extra cabins space. 

Bahahaha ...

Then just let her be a no show. Easiest solution. Hope your son has a great cruise. 

40 minutes ago, Miclin said:

Bahahaha ...

Agree with just having her be a no show since insurance is not a factor.

Just as an added thought you could switch your name and your sons on the reservations and that way when the GF is a no show you would get the double points for travelling solo, otherwise your son will get double points.