Best RCI class of ships

June 9th, 2017 Explorer of the Seas to Alaska, as I do all of my research, just wondered what is the favored class of Royal Caribbean Ships? Considering booking a warm weather cruise while onboard for 2018. Thanks in advance for the advice!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I been on 69 cruises so far and the Oasis class ships is the best ship so far.....going on the Harmony of the Seas next week, they are the best. Although I have to admit the new ship coming out for 2018 Celebrity Edge looks so amazing check that out too!

June 9th, 2017 Explorer of the Seas to Alaska, as I do all of my research, just wondered what is the favored class of Royal Caribbean Ships? Considering booking a warm weather cruise while onboard for 2018. Thanks in advance for the advice!

You will find there is no universal favored class of ship. Each person has their own reasons for liking a class.

We like Vision and Radiance class best.

It honestly all depends on the individual. I'd gladly cruise on any of RCI's current classes of ship.

Radiance & Vision Class are fantastic for scenic destinations like Alaska, but they're great even when they're sailing in the Caribbean or Bahamas. Freedom/Oasis Class are best for basic Caribbean itineraries, IMO. I'd gladly sail them in any part of the world though. For me, Voyager Class are a pretty good middle ground.

I've never met a RCI ship I didn't like.

I prefer the Voyager or Freedom class. Plenty to do...big enough, but not too big....just right!

The older ships are too tight for me....as far as the cabins go...they are itsy-bitsy, teeny weeny!

I cannot pick...

Loved all ships we've been on.

For colder climates I'd pick something with inside pool or solarium which is Vision, Radiance or Quantum class.

Entertainment is the best on Oasis class.. and it is the most unusual.

Voyager then Vision. I don't know why anyone picks Freedom Class. It's just Voyager with more staterooms and crowding.

Sent from my STV100-1 using Forums mobile app

From what I heard it is improved version of Voyager class, but never experienced myself.

You will find there is no universal favored class of ship. Each person has their own reasons for liking a class.

In addition to that, what we are trying to do on the cruise matters, too. Port intensive, and what ports? Ship intensive, and what shows?

I still haven't found a ship I don't like.

From what I heard it is improved version of Voyager class, but never experienced myself.

What's the improvements? Staterooms where venues use to be (Night Club)

Keep thinking that.

It will keep the crowding down as it is now.:D:D

I have been on Adventure, Navigator, Liberty and Independence. Adventure and Navigator felt empty in comparison.

Freedom Class felt like a stretch version of the same ship.

Depends what you're looking for -

Want to see the ocean and feel like you are on a ship - Vision or Radiance

Like the mall? - Voyager or Freedom

Crowded resort? - Oasis

Theme park? - Harmony

Seriously, my personal pick is Radiance class - tons of glass, ocean view elevators, stabilized pool tables, great lounges in Colony Club and Viking Crown, Park Café for the roast beef sandwiches, and finally, enclosed Solarium for swimming in any weather.

We sailed on Allure and never felt crowded. In fact there was more space by numerous pools and jacuzzis than on smaller ships.

We were amazed how uncrowded 6000 pax ship could feel.

My only explanation is that it had so much to do crowd spread out well.

I actually love 90k tons ships on all lines the most (Haven't tried Princess's ones), but Allure was amazing!

Show Oceanaria was something we've never witnessed before on sea or land.

But "big boys" are really limited in itins.

You will get a variety of opinions on a thread like this...

But the only right answer is Radiance class. :)

Love that answer, no question in your mind[emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

My wife prefers the Radiance class and wants to try the Vision class. She likes the smaller sizes. I like the Voyager and Freedom class. We haven't tried any of the "big sisters" yet. It's great to have such a wide variety to choose from.

My wife prefers the Radiance class and wants to try the Vision class. She likes the smaller sizes. I like the Voyager and Freedom class. We haven't tried any of the "big sisters" yet. It's great to have such a wide variety to choose from.

I think you are asking for disappointment. Vision class is very nice, but I think of Radiance class as using Vision as the starting point and then making improvements in every area. So, I think you will find Vision facilities as a slight step down.

I think you are asking for disappointment. Vision class is very nice, but I think of Radiance class as using Vision as the starting point and then making improvements in every area. So, I think you will find Vision facilities as a slight step down.

Except for the main pool deck, which is larger on Vision class. The lack of the kiddie pool area on Vision class gives them more space on the pool deck.

What's the improvements? Staterooms where venues use to be (Night Club)

I have been on Adventure, Navigator, Liberty and Independence. Adventure and Navigator felt empty in comparison.

Freedom Class felt like a stretch version of the same ship.

so have we. And never felt that any of the Freedom ships were crowded.

And the Voyager class ships are going to get more crowded- as they add a bunch of cabins to them, some on Deck 12, and some taking the place of Jesters.

Still, if you feel that way, awesome. The more people hate ships, the lower the cost will end up being.

We've been on a Radiance Class once, Voyager Class once, and Freedom Class twice. I would not hesitate to book all of them again, but my favorite is Radiance Class followed by Voyager then Freedom. As mentioned before, Radiance ships have such nice views from inside the ship, and the lack of crowding really make the difference for me.