guaranteed neighborhood balcony vs. guaranty ocean balcony-200.00 difference

the wife and I are going on the harmony. its our first time on this type ship. we normally do princess and celebrity and we always do an ocean balcony. this will be our third cruise this year. we always pay the extra money to pick our room. I was looking for something less money this time around so I booked a guarantee neighborhood balcony room with a lot of perks that turned out to be a great deal. now im seeing for 200.00 more I could do a guaranteed oceanview balcony with the same perks. we have never done a guarantee room before but for being our third cruise this year were willing to do something different for less money. the neighborhood balcony would be something different but im not sure for 200.00 more we should do the oceanview balcony. what does everyone think?

If you could pick your cabin, I'd say go for the oceanview. With a guarantee you could end up with a cabin in a less desirable location. I wouldn't pay extra for that. We stayed in a prominade balcony on the Mariner. It was different, and ok,but I really missed the water. Gazing at the water is 80% of why I love to cruise.

We were on the Allure in an inside cabin last September and based on that experience, I'd pay extra for the guaranteed ocean balcony. On most ships, an inside cabin suits us well because there are lots of quiet public areas to see the ocean however the Oasis class ships are really inward focused. Sure there are some areas you can go to see the ocean but they aren't nearly as plentiful as on other ships. We found Central Park and Boardwalk areas to be quite noisy on sea days (from pool decks above) so I'd think an ocean view balcony would be much more relaxing and peaceful. All the commotion from others all of the time isn't our thing.

We've went with guaranteed cabins many, many times and haven't gotten a bad one yet so I wouldn't worry about location; however, you may have other concerns about mobility issues or the like. Ultimately, it's your decision on what is important to you.

It's really a hard decision, but 200.00 isn't that much money to me to upgrade to an oceanview, but I will say some cabins are obstructed views of the ocean on the harmony. i've stayed in a central park inside cabin and actually loved it, b/c on this ship you really arent in your room that often b/c there is so much to do.

I personally would go for the Oceanview balcony. I would have no desire to be in a neighborhood balcony, especially overlooking the Boardwalk. I would feel like I was looking across the pier at another ship in port with those balconies right across. The oceanview balcony would be much more private, and well you could see the ocean. That's my two cents.

All neighborhood balconies are terrible to me. No privacy at all, and u have to close the drapes every time u change. 100% go with ocean view. I love to sit out in my pjs and enjoy the water.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We had a boardwalk balcony booked on our 9/16 HOTS cruise. The current sale made booking a guaranteed ocean view balcony room 500 dollars cheaper and 200 dollars more in OBC. We don't care where the room is. Just happy to be on vacation.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

All neighborhood balconies are terrible to me. No privacy at all, and u have to close the drapes every time u change. 100% go with ocean view. I love to sit out in my pjs and enjoy the water.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Totally agree. Those balconies are like living in a condo in the city. You are right next to the neighbouring condo and the distance between the balconies is not very much. Hey, if you want your neighbour across the way to see your navel every time you're out on the balcony or changing in your cabin, stick with the Boardwalk balcony cabin. If you only want the dolphins to see your navel, switch to the ocean view balcony.

Same goes if you only want the dolphins to see your aft. :)

Unless you are willing to accept the "worst" neighborhood location (somewhere in Central Park based on pricing hierarchy) I'd go for oceanview.

I personally would not want a central park room. Just not the view I am interested in from a balcony on a cruise ship.

Having stayed on both Central Park and Boardwalk on the Harmony we loved our Boardwalk balcony.

We were in 11329 the very last balcony before the end of the ship .Facing Boardwalk

Our daughter and SIL just did a guaranty balcony on the Oasis and they got Boardwalk and they to loved there balcony even though they were not at the end.

The new crew were just learning the Aqua show and we loved watching them and how they progressed during the week.

We did not find the balcony noisy and loved being able to sit on the balcony and watch movies at night on the big screen at the aqua theatre.

Once your door is closed you near no noise inside your cabin.

We cruise a lot like 3 months a year and we would return to this balcony in a heart beat.

Yes, most of the time we are in an ocean balcony.

Sue

I wouldn't pay $200 extra for an Guarantee Oceanview Cabin, especially if you cruise 2 to 3 times a year.:)

We will be staying in a Boardwalk Cabin, 11725 on Allure this Sunday, and we also cruise 2 to 3 times a year, various cruiselines, booking mainly oceanview balcony cabins.

Hubby is the one who suggested we try the boardwalk balcony. I wasn't quite so sure, but after watching YouTube videos, I'm super excited to try something different.

We're fine with a little noise now and then and will keep the drapes closed when need be.

Other than that, we're so looking forward to seeing shows, movies, practices, people watching, reading and enjoying that aft wake view from our balcony.

Whatever you decide, enjoy!

I wouldn't pay $200 extra for an Guarantee Oceanview Cabin, especially if you cruise 2 to 3 times a year.:)

We will be staying in a Boardwalk Cabin, 11725 on Allure this Sunday, and we also cruise 2 to 3 times a year, various cruiselines, booking mainly oceanview balcony cabins.

Hubby is the one who suggested we try the boardwalk balcony. I wasn't quite so sure, but after watching YouTube videos, I'm super excited to try something different.

We're fine with a little noise now and then and will keep the drapes closed when need be.

Other than that, we're so looking forward to seeing shows, movies, practices, people watching, reading and enjoying that aft view all from my cabin balcony.

Choosing a Boardwalk cabin near the end of the row for a great view of the aqua show and still having ocean views is one thing; going into the guarantee pool though means you could get a central park cabin. Would you pay $200 more than a central park cabin to be guaranteed of an ocean view?

Choosing a Boardwalk cabin near the end of the row for a great view of the aqua show and still having ocean views is one thing; going into the guarantee pool though means you could get a central park cabin. Would you pay $200 more than a central park cabin to be guaranteed of an ocean view?

Those are the ONLY neighborhood balconies I would even consider. As far as the rest I agree with the other posters about the noise, lack of privacy and no water views. In OP's situation I would definitely pay the $200 more for the ocean view.

It wouldn't matter to me.

However, the OP says, he cruises 2 to 3 times a year and is looking to save money this time around. It's not like he's never had an oceanview balcony before.

So, if I was looking to save a few dollars, I would be fine with what I'm assigned and go enjoy this fabulous ship.:D

The neighborhood might be central park so I would definitely pay the $200.

Although I don't mind boardwalk balcony, I've been in them twice. The central park is a no go for me. That's too closed in for me.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Forums mobile app