How Christmassy are Princess at Christmas time?

J_T_

I'm sorry to bring religion into the subject of Christmas, but is there a midnight mass held on Christmas Eve?

P&O had Catholic masses, which were held in one of the MDR's with crew allowed to attend.

Princess used to have a Priest at Christmas and Easter. They stopped this years ago.

If someone is wiling to conduct a service, they are allowed to do so. You may want to check with HAL. I don't know if they cut back also or not.

Thanks so much everybody! Now I have to take my mind's eye off the concept of Santa in Speedos (aka "budgie smugglers" as they are known here). :D Would do well at the belly flop competition no doubt.

Here's to cruising and Christmas! :ship:

Thanks so much everybody! Now I have to take my mind's eye off the concept of Santa in Speedos (aka "budgie smugglers" as they are known here). :D Would do well at the belly flop competition no doubt.

Here's to cruising and Christmas! :ship:

One of the joys of cruising Princess is that they don't do all of those annoying "games". No hairy chest competition. No belly flop competition.

Did Christmas Day in the South China Sea on Sapphire Princess. Lovely experience. Lovely day. The ship decoration was subdued but classy. Mid day they got all the kids on board in the Atrium and piped over the sound of Santa landing on the sun deck in a helicopter. 30 seconds later Santa, looking suspiciously like the Entertainment manager ran in with presents for all the kids.

The Christmas banquet that night was amazing as well.

Sent from my SM-G361F using Tapatalk

Did Christmas Day in the South China Sea on Sapphire Princess. Lovely experience. Lovely day. The ship decoration was subdued but classy. Mid day they got all the kids on board in the Atrium and piped over the sound of Santa landing on the sun deck in a helicopter. 30 seconds later Santa, looking suspiciously like the Entertainment manager ran in with presents for all the kids.

The Christmas banquet that night was amazing as well.

That's awesome!!

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

All special occasions are celebrated on Princess - Easter, Halloween, Xmas - but the CD often dictates how wonderful the celebration will be. We once sailed at Xmas with Sammy Baker and it was really special.

Our CD was Sammy Baker as well on the Sapphire Princess

Our last three cruises were the Hawaiian RTs during the holidays (the only time we could do this cruise with a school-aged kid). Christmas and New Years (and one of them also included Hanukkah -- many families took their menorahs on board and the lounge was fill of them...we just brought a foam sticky version for our cabin). Very festive and you get to avoid going to busy malls.

We spent Christmas Day in 2012 on Maui, and when we returned to the ship and was on the deck checking out several whales, we saw the tender leaving with Santa returning to Lahaina.