Royal introduces non refundable booking option.

I believe all 2018/2019 dates get an OBC regardless of where you book if you take the non-refund option.

But that might be considered a promo and not like the OBC built into the system like the on board booking OBC.

If you change and/or cancel your non refundable booking you will be charged $100 PP out of your $500 deposit and then get the remainder $300 in a FCC. See below from their FAQ

6. What is a change fee and when will it be incurred?

In an effort to deter continual or late ship/sail date adjustments, a change fee of $100 per guest will be imposed to allreservations booked under a nonrefundable deposit fare that opts to change either the ship and/or sail date originallyselected. Such fees will be incurred, without exception, at time of change, thus, emphasizing the importance of ensuringthat your clients are aware of the detailed terms of this program at time of booking.7

Hmm...interesting. That is not what the D+ desk told me. He said just 100.00 total...guess he was wrong. Not surprising eh?

Sigh...:rolleyes:

Edited by island lady

I believe all 2018/2019 dates get an OBC regardless of where you book if you take the non-refund option.

I kept my original on board 100.00 OBC, and received another 100.00 OBC on top of that when I switched to NFD to take advantage of price drop.

My agent told me ....You can get price drops on the sailing. You are only penalized the $100 if you change the ship and sailing date..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is what's I was told also.

Sweeeet!! Sounds like quite the trip! Enjoy!! Though the airline trip part is not the fun part ;)

Booked direct with Delta, same price as Air2Sea on economy, but way cheaper for Economy Plus. Orlando to Atlanta, duh, then off to Tokyo, then Singapore. Arrives at midnight. [emoji33]

Around the world in 45 days.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

Booked direct with Delta, same price as Air2Sea on economy, but way cheaper for Economy Plus. Orlando to Atlanta, duh, then off to Tokyo, then Singapore. Arrives at midnight. [emoji33]

Around the world in 45 days.

Orlando to Tokyo nonstop? That has to be a long flight!

Orlando to Tokyo nonstop? That has to be a long flight!

I think it's ATL to NRT - about 13 hrs.

Correct, United had an Orlando to LA, then LA to Singapore, but we're not United people and Premium Economy was expensive anyway. it was only $200 more for all 3 legs on Delta.

Correct, United had an Orlando to LA, then LA to Singapore, but we're not United people and Premium Economy was expensive anyway. it was only $200 more for all 3 legs on Delta.

I wonder what type aircraft you have for the long leg. I know United uses 787s on some long legs.

Just called and switched to non-refundable deposit... $43 drop on a single balcony D3, plus $100 OBC for 2/25/18 W. Caribbean cruise. Since booked online with $250 deposit there was no more deposit due. So actually $143 drop with the OBC. Will take any free money they want to offer... haha

I called my TA and switched from refundable to non refundable deposit, upgraded from oceanview to aft balcony with the 2 day sale promo and walked away $160 richer. Plus got $50 obc. Explorer May 2018.

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Forums mobile app

I called my TA and switched from refundable to non refundable deposit, upgraded from oceanview to aft balcony with the 2 day sale promo and walked away $160 richer. Plus got $50 obc. Explorer May 2018.

So for the most part, the NRD is working to most cruisers advantage. Interested to see how it affects those booking place marker cruises, especially in Suites. Using the higher OBC while onboard.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yeah, there are some good deals to be had on the current 2 day sale to the point I went against my usual risk adverse judgement and booked a NRD cruise. The price was just too good to pass up.

So for the most part, the NRD is working to most cruisers advantage. Interested to see how it affects those booking place marker cruises, especially in Suites. Using the higher OBC while onboard.

Hasn't worked for us that book on release day as we already had the best price....

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

So, does the new NRD affect you in a negative way?

No.....

I have 13 cruises booked and they are all more expensive now than when i booked. Both Refundable and Nonrefundable.

Will probably negatively effect all of us next March when we start getting the new releases.

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk