Just for fun, what is the single worst thing you have seen a cruiser doing? :p

Agreed, I knew a bloke at work who was wheelchair bound and was absolutely rude to everyone all the time. One day I had enough of his behaviour and told him to pull his head in, and just because he was handicapped didn't give him a licence to be an *******. Everyone in the room started clapping and he was embarrassed, it changed his behaviour for the meeting at least. He left the job soon after that meeting citing that he felt he was not welcome at work. He was right.

I will always be respectful to wheelchair users because we brought mother in law and her wheelchair on 6 cruises and no how difficult life is for them but if someone acts inappropriately then that respect evaporates quickly.

I will always be respectful to wheelchair users because we brought mother in law and her wheelchair on 6 cruises and no how difficult life is for them but if someone acts inappropriately then that respect evaporates quickly.

He was there for well over a year treating everyone badly the whole time. He would have been fired if he wasn't handicapped as he was a disruption at work.

I would guess that if the cruise line allowed her to bring the dog on the ship, then she must have been able to "prove" that it was her "therapy" dog, right? Am I wrong? :confused:

The only problem is that "emotional therapy" animals are no longer covered by the ADA.

He was there for well over a year treating everyone badly the whole time. He would have been fired if he wasn't handicapped as he was a disruption at work.

Sorry to hear that he was such a nuisance, sometimes people take advantage of situations and this changes peoples goodwill toward them.

Grab the key and walk away.

Exactly. Grab the key and drop it off at the Purser's Desk. Explain the situation and tell them you would be happy to continue being rude to her just as she was rude to so many. That should inspire the PD Manager to talk to her and explain her behavior is unacceptable and it is not okay to run over people. Make sure you emphasis to the PD that you were worried about her well being since her behavior was so eratic and you didn't want her to hurt herself or others. Maybe they can threaten to put her off the ship. Some people bring and extra key and some don't but the bottom line is - she will have to figure out a way to get that key back. Give her food for thought. Especially if everyone else is the crowd claps when you take it. Being handicapped does not give you permission to be abusive to others.

By the way - I use a scooter depending on the situation so I've been on both ends of the situation. There are MANY times when others walk into me or pretend I'm not there. I can be at a stop and people are looking somewhere else, walk into me and give me a rude look. Dude! I'm not even moving. How did I run into you? I've also run into people. When you stop with no warning it's not like a scooter just stops on a dime. There is a breaking system BUT there are NO brakes. I would never purposely run into someone else though.

Ooohhhh! Great idea! You could even run out on one of the decks if they chased you and hold the key up with your arm over the side of the ship and yell "One step closer and I'll drop it!"

Tom

Not to endorse her behavior, it was/is very rude. But that is one of the reasons we carried multiple keys for DW's scooter. I was always in fear of losing one, or worse. Would I consider swiping her key, maybe but would never actually do it.

Grab the key and walk away.

Great Idea. I was rammed from behind hard enough to draw blood on my left leg and leave a 1 inch scar. The impact tossed me hard against the deck rail.

The "lady" that hit me then turned right and knocked down a crew member carrying a tray of drinks that went flying. Then took off as fast as her scooter would run. My wife saw what happened. The driver was ramming her way through the crowd that had gathered to watch the water fall event one deck down.

Bob

Great Idea. I was rammed from behind hard enough to draw blood on my left leg and leave a 1 inch scar. The impact tossed me hard against the deck rail.

The "lady" that hit me then turned right and knocked down a crew member carrying a tray of drinks that went flying. Then took off as fast as her scooter would run. My wife saw what happened. The driver was ramming her way through the crowd that had gathered to watch the water fall event one deck down.

Bob

She should be charged with careless driving and locked in her cabin,but seriously disgusting behaviour.

She should be charged with careless driving and locked in her cabin,but seriously disgusting behaviour.

She should have had her keys taken away. Banned to her cabin, and dropped off at the next port. No sympathy.

If a lady ran into me on her scooter intentionally then there would be consequences. I am not sure what, exactly, but at least I would have reported her.

I would think you could file a battery charge (and possibly assault if there was a threat as well, i.e., "Get out of my way...")

A woman continually screaming at her husband about how horrible the cruise was. For seven days you heard her all over the ship. "Can you BELIEVE this Morty! I've never been so offended in my life!"

I would have had fun with this! Everytime I was in ear shot of them I'd have been yelling to my husband about how GREAT this cruise is! Best one Ever! If you can't enjoy this you must be a SAD person!

And so on. Lol. Some people just can Not be happy!

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Forums mobile app

I would have had fun with this! Everytime I was in ear shot of them I'd have been yelling to my husband about how GREAT this cruise is! Best one Ever! If you can't enjoy this you must be a SAD person!

And so on. Lol. Some people just can Not be happy!

Sent from my SM-J700T1 using Forums mobile app

LOl,, that would have been funny, especially if numerous people were doing it.

The worst I've witnessed was on a HAL cruise where people knocked others down rushing into the welcome back party once the doors opened. Haven't attended a HAL party since.

Sent from my B3-A30 using Forums mobile app

Wow, all those young whippersnappers pushing their way in, so they can shake hands with the captain and get a seat..;p