Just for fun, what is the single worst thing you have seen a cruiser doing? :p

There is an area for smoking on cruises... However, the teenagers across the hall from us were celebrating graduating high school and smoking other things. [emoji85]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The loud nose blowers in the restaurant when you are eating is the worst.

There is an area for smoking on cruises... However, the teenagers across the hall from us were celebrating graduating high school and smoking other things. [emoji85]

Designated area or not, not too many things worse than smoking. Does the smoke stay in its "area?"

Occasionally indulging in those "other things" doesn't compare to sucking on several cancer sticks throughout the day and forcing others outside the "smoking area" to put up with it.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

Designated area or not, not too many things worse than smoking. Does the smoke stay in its "area?"

Occasionally indulging in those "other things" doesn't compare to sucking on several cancer sticks throughout the day and forcing others outside the "smoking area" to put up with it.

I definitely understand. I hold my breath in those areas, but that still doesn't help.

The worse thing I have seen is small groups talking loudly and laughing as if they are on a private boat... no consideration for anyone else... annoying ... especially when it is in the buffet area... we seldom go there anyone as we like it more quiet...

This seems kind of silly to me. Of course they are going to talk and laugh because they are having a vacation on a cruise, not a study session in a library. Of all the eateries on a cruise ship, I would think that the buffet is one of the places you should have to worry least about staying quiet. I mean...it's not like they were laughing and carrying on in an otherwise quiet steakhouse, right? At least on the cruises I've been on, the buffet area is pretty loud as far as ambient noise and conversation noise goes. If you want quiet, you should go places where you would expect it to be quiet.

As for me, I'd say the worst thing I saw cruisers doing was being rude to staff and crew members, especially when they threw out "I'm a DIAMOND member!" in a huffy voice, as if that made them royalty. I've gotten through life just fine without ever barking orders at a person in a service position once. I don't see how it's ever necessary.

Loud obnoxious people over indulged on drink packages.

One such "gentleman" walked into me and spilt his drink all over me. I was sitting in a chair at a table, you didn't see me?

The worse thing I have seen is small groups talking loudly and laughing as if they are on a private boat... no consideration for anyone else... annoying ... especially when it is in the buffet area... we seldom go there anyone as we like it more quiet...

This wouldn't bother me too much, I don't think, maybe depending on the topic of conversation.

We have been in the SERENITY area and had a group of VERY loud individuals playing a game. They were from another country, maybe they didn't know the meaning of serenity.

The loud nose blowers in the restaurant when you are eating is the worst.

I find nose blowing at the table, especially into the napkins, disgusting. Loud or not.

This seems kind of silly to me. Of course they are going to talk and laugh because they are having a vacation on a cruise, not a study session in a library. Of all the eateries on a cruise ship, I would think that the buffet is one of the places you should have to worry least about staying quiet. I mean...it's not like they were laughing and carrying on in an otherwise quiet steakhouse, right? At least on the cruises I've been on, the buffet area is pretty loud as far as ambient noise and conversation noise goes. If you want quiet, you should go places where you would expect it to be quiet.

As for me, I'd say the worst thing I saw cruisers doing was being rude to staff and crew members, especially when they threw out "I'm a DIAMOND member!" in a huffy voice, as if that made them royalty. I've gotten through life just fine without ever barking orders at a person in a service position once. I don't see how it's ever necessary.

For a hilarious take at the holier-than-thou-I'm-entitled type of folk, go to youtube and search for "hotel check-in, Diamond Member". It's an animated thing and totally captures those Diamond/5-star/yada yada entitled twits. We use it as part of our new-hire training at the hotel!

Thankfully, I haven't witnessed any bad behavior on my cruises, other than the slightly annoying behavior of people saving two or more seats for shows. I don't understand how hard it is for a group to arrive together. I can see saving a seat for someone who is using the restroom or getting drinks, but saving multiple seats just because part of the group chooses to arrive right before the show starts is very rude. People do it all of the time though, so I guess they don't care.

Anyway, my husband and I were lounging in the shaded area on our last cruise. The deck was wet. A young guy, maybe late teens or early 20s, had on tennis shoes and was skating around the deck. He made several laps using his tennis shoes to skate across the wet deck. Suddenly, my husband and I heard a loud thud and looked over to see this guy had slipped and hit the deck. He just got up and skated off. He didn't seem to learn his lesson because we saw him making more laps around the deck.

Sitting in an open dining room with tables watching a stage show the woman in front of me held her cell phone up to video the show, blocking my view and the view of others. After minutes of this walked to her table and asked her to please be considerate of others. She quickly put down her phone. Only to a few moments later lift her LAPTOP computer over her head to continue videoing the show.

Sitting in an open dining room with tables watching a stage show the woman in front of me held her cell phone up to video the show, blocking my view and the view of others. After minutes of this walked to her table and asked her to please be considerate of others. She quickly put down her phone. Only to a few moments later lift her LAPTOP computer over her head to continue videoing the show.

That's when you go get somebody from the ship to handle the situation.

Tom

A woman across the hall accused her stewardess (who also was our stewardess) of stealing something--I think it was a jacket. We only knew about this because the stewardess burst into tears when she came into our cabin.

Ship's security searched the woman's cabin. Of course, the item was in her closet. She never apologized to that sweet young woman who took such good care of her.

Dining with a "sweet lady" from southern USA. Lovely to everyone, but our waitress was a South African. Our lady was incredibly rude and dismissive to her and never once said please or thank you. Did I mention our waitress was dark skinned? She took the high road and was extremely polite and helpful to this rude "lady".

A woman across the hall accused her stewardess (who also was our stewardess) of stealing something--I think it was a jacket. We only knew about this because the stewardess burst into tears when she came into our cabin.

Ship's security searched the woman's cabin. Of course' date=' the item was in her closet. She never apologized to that sweet young woman who took such good care of her.[/quote']

That is horrible. I have never had anything stolen from a cruise ship cabin or hotel room for that matter. And considering the instructions of how to get into the safe in case you forgot your pin # is posted on the inside of the closet door! At least that's where it was on my cruise in May. It clearly stated, press the # key (I don't know how many times or hold it or something) but the instructions were right there. ANY steward could go in and get all my things out of the safe.

While I was walking up to the buffet salad bar on Celebrity Reflection, a woman who was serving herself some lettuce sneezed right onto the food items!! I was so disgusted and asked her why she did that. She just scowled and walked away. I then had to go get a worker and ask them to replace all the contaminated food. Hard to believe someone could be so rude as to sneeze on the food. :(

Dining with a "sweet lady" from southern USA. Lovely to everyone, but our waitress was a South African. Our lady was incredibly rude and dismissive to her and never once said please or thank you. Did I mention our waitress was dark skinned? She took the high road and was extremely polite and helpful to this rude "lady".

I'm not accusing your waitress of anything, but I'm guessing *some* people who handle meals might have their own way of getting back at rude customers. Some tables can be a long way from the kitchen.

I'm not accusing your waitress of anything, but I'm guessing *some* people who handle meals might have their own way of getting back at rude customers. Some tables can be a long way from the kitchen.

I have posted this many, many times. For anyone that has been in the restaurant business (I worked my way through school).....people have no idea what goes on behind "closed doors". :o Think twice before being rude to a server. I have seen disgusting revenge tactics where the customer would never know!

Nowadays, with cameras, many acts have been caught on camera. I remember a couple of them posted on the news. (Pizza Hut and Wendys).

This reminded me of the Diamond member going to the Dining room for lunch - The wait staff asked people to divide into two lines, large groups and party's of Two. They also asked, to have the entire party present before joining the line - "gentleman" demands to be seated, and when asked to wait, walked up, showed the wait staff his card, saying " I am Diamond, which means I have been on more cruises than you have."

A year or so ago, I was sitting in the Crows Nest on the Noordam after lunch reading my book and watching the Pacific Ocean go by.

Since it was about an hour until the bar opened, all was peace and quiet, until a voice in an English accent at the bar suddenly shouted at the top of his voice, "Service! I want Service!". He then started shouting several times at the top of his voice for someone to attend the bar. Not just loud talking, I mean shouting.The handful of passengers in the Crows Nest ignored him and he went away in a huff.

Since my repose was disturbed I decided to leave the Crows Nest and what did I find in the corridor outside? This same gentleman berating a poor crewman at the top of his lungs about how the ship was a disgrace and the crew incompetent. This poor guy had polish in one hand and a rag in the other and had obviously been interrupted while polishing the brass work.

So what should I do, intervene and try to put this passenger in his place? Or if I did, would he take it out on the crewman there with a formal complaint?

I chickened out and moved on.

While I was walking up to the buffet salad bar on Celebrity Reflection, a woman who was serving herself some lettuce sneezed right onto the food items!! I was so disgusted and asked her why she did that. She just scowled and walked away. I then had to go get a worker and ask them to replace all the contaminated food. Hard to believe someone could be so rude as to sneeze on the food. :(

Was she wearing Maize and Blue? :evilsmile: But seriously, I'm sure it was accidental and she was too embarrass. But had that of been me I would have called someone's attention to have the pan replaced.