Help

sha2020

I've cruised many times but never on Norwegian. I feel like they are horrible at customer service!

The price has dropped repeatedly on my cruise and they have refused to credit me the hundreds of dollars or upgrade me. I've never had this happen to me before. Does anyone have any experience with them? I am truly sorry that I chose this cruise line!

If you booked directly with them and you are able to cancel and rebook without penalty. Do it. If they will not give you the new rate or perks get a manager, not just and agent. We use a travel agent and expect them to take care of us and they do. Good Luck.

Typically, if you are after final payment you are locked in with your price and cabin. You may get lucky and get an upgrade or OBC, but it is not mandatory for NCL or any other cruise line to offer this to you.

If you are not at the final payment date, you can cancel and rebook at the new price, but you will lose any perks you had with your original booking. You have to do the math to see if it is worth it to you.

For example: On an my March 2018 cruise, my initial booking included free daily service fee for the first two guests. When NCL offered their tax free sail (no taxes or port fees for the first two guests), I did the math and figured I could save money by rebooking. I called NCL and got rebooked and saved ~$90. I now have to pay the DSC for two, but I do not have to pay port fees and taxes.

I will never understand the people who are expecting any discount from the cruise line just because the price dropped after they have booked.

Everybody should know that the prices of a cruise will never remain the same from the first available booking date until the cruise takes place.

So it is always about getting the perfect moment to book the cruise.If you are satisfied with the price you paid,for me personally there is no reason to recheck rthe price all the time.

I know that there are some cruise lines who do offer you OBC, a dicount,an upgrade or whatsoever and some cruise lines even communicate this service in public.

But as long as they don`t do it,i find it really strange to expect anything from the cruise line.

Yes,of course it is absolutely annoying to find out that one could have saved a lot of money,but hey,thats bad luck.

But fortunatle we are all different and do have all different opinions regarding this topic.

Anyway,good luck in getting something back from NCL.

I will never understand the people who are expecting any discount from the cruise line just because the price dropped after they have booked.

Everybody should know that the prices of a cruise will never remain the same from the first available booking date until the cruise takes place.

So it is always about getting the perfect moment to book the cruise.If you are satisfied with the price you paid,for me personally there is no reason to recheck rthe price all the time.

I know that there are some cruise lines who do offer you OBC, a dicount,an upgrade or whatsoever and some cruise lines even communicate this service in public.

But as long as they don`t do it,i find it really strange to expect anything from the cruise line.

Yes,of course it is absolutely annoying to find out that one could have saved a lot of money,but hey,thats bad luck.

But fortunatle we are all different and do have all different opinions regarding this topic.

Anyway,good luck in getting something back from NCL.

Wish there was a "like" button! I would take this one step farther... what if the price went UP? Would NCL expect their customers to pay the difference??? NO! Then why would we expect them to refund us the difference (or give an upgrade or OBC)? I know other lines do it sometimes (and NCL does sometimes, too). But, I don't believe it's a reflection of poor customer service... it's called running a business.

I've cruised many times but never on Norwegian. I feel like they are horrible at customer service!

The price has dropped repeatedly on my cruise and they have refused to credit me the hundreds of dollars or upgrade me. I've never had this happen to me before. Does anyone have any experience with them? I am truly sorry that I chose this cruise line!

A few questions:

1 - If they had not dropped the price to sell the remaining cabins,, would you still be sorry you booked this cruise?

2 - If they raised the price, but left your price as is, would that be good?

3 - When you called to ask, did they answer the phone and give you an answer? (meaning, how are now labeled as bad customer service)

4 - There are many threads here discussing this topic. Sadly, they are hard to find because sometimes people title their post with only a word or two that is not descriptive.

5. And finally, you and NLC entered into a contract to sail on a certain date for a certain price. Are they still living up to that contract/agreement? Did they break that agreement?

You booked a cruise and were happy with the price you paid. When NCL carry out their business method why are you unhappy?

If you had bought a car and then the price dropped so the dealer could clear the stocks would you expect them to refund you money?

Caveat Emptor.

If you are not at the final payment date, you can cancel and rebook at the new price, but you will lose any perks you had with your original booking. You have to do the math to see if it is worth it to you.

The way I will do it too!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

CruiseMH and garycarla are right. Just be happy you are going to be enjoying a wonderful vacation, apparently at a price you thought good enough when you booked, and stop stressing about not getting a lower price. The cruise line is not obligated to give you the discount. And as previously mentioned, if you have not paid in full, cancel reservation and rebook under different rate.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I've cruised many times but never on Norwegian.

I feel like they are horrible at customer service!

The price has dropped repeatedly on my cruise and they have refused to credit me the hundreds of dollars or upgrade me.

I've never had this happen to me before. Does anyone have any experience with them?

I am truly sorry that I chose this cruise line!

Sorry OP, but I feel like you are part of a misunderstanding on/with your first post.

' like talking to my sister about Fake News.

(She believes everything on Fox News)

Too much of this lately.:eek:

How is it that you want me to be assistance to your thread titled "HELP" ?

You're not going to respond, are you?

Edited by $hip$hape

How many times have you had a credit or upgrade on other lines? If you have cruised "Many Times" it surely must have happened a number of times!!

"Truly Sorry" then cancel and take your money back.

I understand sha2020 wanting a upgrade or OBC. My trip price dropped and I called and requested an upgrade and was given one. It is difficult to see some cruiser's requests being honored and your own be denied.

ellell,

You "requested" an upgrade and got one. It reads as if sha2020 expected, maybe even demanded, an upgrade or OBC. I just asked if my PCC could do "something for me". It all depends on how you go about things. Butter is better then a hammer.

I understand sha2020 wanting a upgrade or OBC. My trip price dropped and I called and requested an upgrade and was given one. It is difficult to see some cruiser's requests being honored and your own be denied.
A request is one thing. An expectation is another.

If the OP asks and is given, great.

If the OP asks and is given nothing, ...tough.

Oops... just realized something.

This was the FIRST and ONLY post from the OP. What are the odds we are all just talking heads on this one?

LOL:cool:

And... they just joined CruiseCritic.

And they posted two and three quarter hours ago and still have not replied to all our posts!!!!!!!!

Standard stuff from these type of threads.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Sorry OP, but I feel like you are part of a misunderstanding on/with your first post.

' like talking to my sister about Fake News.

(She believes everything on Fox News)

Too much of this lately.:eek:

How is it that you want me to be assistance to your thread titled "HELP" ?

You're not going to respond, are you?

"Talking to you, is like talking to me" Bob Dylan

I've cruised many times but never on Norwegian. I feel like they are horrible at customer service! The price has dropped repeatedly on my cruise and they have refused to credit me the hundreds of dollars or upgrade me. I've never had this happen to me before. Does anyone have any experience with them? I am truly sorry that I chose this cruise line!

When are you cursing? Did you book through a travel agent? Have you made final payment?

I don't see any differences in booking process of massmarket lines. It is all the same. They all adjust amounts before final payment time as cruise can be cancelled without fee and rebooked.