$19 Sabor on Harmony

I just read the article on the blog website about Sabor now being a set fee like on the Voyager and Freedom classes (no more a la carte).

I checked my Cruise Planner for our September 30th Harmony sailing and it is indeed showing up as $19.

According to the blog, it is the same fee for lunch or dinner.

I just read the article on the blog website about Sabor now being a $19 set fee like on the Voyager and Freedom classes (no more a la carte).

I checked my Cruise Planner for our September 30th Harmony sailing and it is indeed showing up as $19.

According to the blog, it is the same fee for lunch or dinner.

Interesting! I like the idea of a cover charge versus ala carte but I've Neve had a bill from Sabor where I went omg did I spend that much? [emoji6]

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Interesting! I like the idea of a cover charge versus ala carte but I've Neve had a bill from Sabor where I went omg did I spend that much? [emoji6]

[emoji3] I like the move as well. Although all this means now is that I'll eat more and pass out earlier.

Wow, that's quite expensive for Sabor. On Oasis, Sabor was usually empty and much cheaper than that. Who would actually pay $19 for a taco on a cruise ship?

Wow, that's quite expensive for Sabor. On Oasis, Sabor was usually empty and much cheaper than that. Who would actually pay $19 for a taco on a cruise ship?

There's quite a bit more than tacos... [emoji6]

There's quite a bit more than tacos... [emoji6]

If you look at the menu posted on the blog site they don't list the entrees anymore. Not sure if a page was not posted or if they have been eliminated but it lists, guac, small plates, tacos, quesadillas and then desserts.

[emoji3] I like the move as well. Although all this means now is that I'll eat more and pass out earlier.

Maybe that's good, you will be on Courtney Standard Time then.

Wow, for lunch that price seems really crazy. My wife and I were on Harmony last month and she's a guacamole fiend, so we had lunch at Sabor twice. One time we split an order of guacamole and an order of quesadillas, and another time the same plus an order of three tacos. Both times it was a heck of a lot cheaper than $19/person. They're going to be empty at lunch at $19/person.

Wow, for lunch that price seems really crazy. My wife and I were on Harmony last month and she's a guacamole fiend, so we had lunch at Sabor twice. One time we split an order of guacamole and an order of quesadillas, and another time the same plus an order of three tacos. Both times it was a heck of a lot cheaper than $19/person. They're going to be empty at lunch at $19/person.

I agree. My wife and myself ate pretty darn good on the Oasis and Allure at Sabor for a total of $19.00 for the food. Wifey ordered a margarita that $12.00.

Seemed quite outrageous after charging only $19.00 for all the food we had.

We are booked on the Oasis again in April of 2018. If it's a set fee of $19pp or higher I'll be passing for both lunch and dinner.:)

Bill

When we went on Liberty if I remember correctly it was more than $19 for dinner if paying individually. (We did dining package so can't recall the exact price if we had booked it seperate) I agree when on Allure a la carte was better, and I found the menu to be better as well.

I really hope they don't change the menu.

Sabor on Liberty was so bad we cancelled our second reservation. Allure was far better. Now the quacamole isn't table side we noticed that wasn't as good either.

That stinks, not so much for the price for dinner but bet it was done because too many stopping in for just margaritas on drink package and a couple of appetizers.

Lunch crowd is going to be non-existant. Or, made up of the folks that bought the Ultimate dining package.

I don't know if this was a pre-existing option or not, but just noticed the $19 Sabor in my cruise planner for the Oasis next month.

I hope this is just an "option" and not the rule, but sadly I'm afraid I know better. Was looking forward to trying this with the family- but my two kids eat like birds and my wife and I aren't exactly competitive eaters either so there is no way it is worth $76 (or anything close to it, assuming they're nice enough to give kids a discount.)

I don't like this, either. We loved Sabor on Oasis - it was the only food that really seemed "fresh" and not prepared for thousands of people. But we used it for quick bites to eat and I can't see spending $19/person for what we would use it for. My teens will be disappointed - they were hoping to order some guac and chips a few times on the ship.

Doesn't Oasis have a Sabor Bar (in the middle of boardwalk- used to be called something else I think, and, not to be confused with the "bar inside of Sabor")? I've seen photos of it, for sure. Does it serve chips and guac or anything like that at all? I know they say it doesn't serve Sabor signature cocktails which seems odd since it is called the "Sabor Bar."

For me, I'd be much more likely to do al-la-carte somewhere than plop down a meaningful amount of cash for a single meal. I guess I'm in the minority but this is the same reason why we rarely spend a lot of money eating out at home... with the kids it just doesn't make sense. We'll not think twice about spending $25 at a local taco place for 4 of us, but I can't remember the last time all four of us spent $80 somewhere.... the risk of our almost-3 year old having an bad day while in the resturant makes it not even worth it.

Doesn't Oasis have a Sabor Bar (in the middle of boardwalk- used to be called something else I think, and, not to be confused with the "bar inside of Sabor")? ... .

Yes, there is a Sabor Bar outside on the Boardwalk, but I don't know if they serve food there.

$19 is a little pricey, when you look at the old menu and prices. You'd be hard pressed to spend that individually on food. To be the same price for lunch and dinner is also a mistake I think. I'll be taking a pass when we cruise Oasis later this year. Would've went a few times as well, just not worth the $19 a person for me.

In the cruise planner for our cruise on Freedom, price is showing as $25.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There's difference between Oasis Class Sabor and the Freedom or Voyager Class Sabor. The latter are more like an actual specialty restaurant while the Oasis Class Sabor is a renamed Rita's Cantina which is an outdoor party type venue.

Gregg