EZ Air PROBLEM - Check your seats

hollon

I leave at the end of may and I'm glad I checked my seats, etc that I booked through ez air. I have two people going w/ me and all of us sitting together and now, my sister is not even on the plane and her seat shows gone. I called princess and they said they don't know what happened. So finally, I called Alaska airlines and the seat is gone but they will put her w/ us for 50.00 for that seat. I'm thinking NO, WHAT! Anyway I'm gonna call princess back tomorrow morning b/c their too busy during the day and I'm going to church. Does anyone have any advice? I booked this forever ago and had seats.

The only thing I can say is people need to check their reservations like every two weeks once they book. The airlines change aircraft which impacts the seating. Sorry you had this happen

I not sure why Alaska air is charging your $50 unless these seat are premium exit row or upfront seating nor why your seats were lost. All you need to do is get your other party's airline PNR (5 letter code) and yours and go to Alaska's website and find both reservations and put your party all together. You can do that online for free. They might not be the same as original seating, but at least you coordinate so you can all sit together. You can change or re-arrange seats as many time as you like up to departure on their website. I've done it many times. Seating is directly with the airlines; not with Princess or EZair. They are just booking agents. Your PNR should be on your invoice or call EZair for it.

I check my flights on EZ-Air quite often just to see if fares have gone down. On once occasion, I noticed my seat assignment was gone but my DH still had his seat assignment. I kept trying to select the seat through EZ-Air but could not. Finally selected the seat from the airlines website. To make a long story short, this happened a couple of times on this booking so I just selected different seats for the both us of.

Then later...on the same booking, both of our seats had been changed to 5 rows back! Our original seats were no longer available. This change occurred just after a flight deoarture time change so I think it was related to that.

thank you all for the advice. yes they were premium seats and they gave them to us for free b/c my sister is handicapped, i was so grateful - I know I don't deserve the prem. seats w/o paying, but I need her seat, I may just have to fork over the 50.00

Just to let everyone know. I called princess back and they couldn't help. So, I thought I'm gonna call alaska airlines and told the guy my problem and he said this isn't your fault, so I'm gonna put your sister sitting w/ yall for free.

Also, princess gave me 100.00 obc for all the problems. Hope this helps someone, to keep calling until you get someone to listen.

After using easy air many times without incident we had multiple issues on flights for our med voyage in April. There were four of us traveling together. Over the 6-8 weeks leading up to our departure I was on the phone several times trying to get unexplained changes to our flights corrected. One time a single passenger was changed to a one way passenger to Europe with no return flights. Another time one was bumped to another TA flight. We also had our seat assignments changed which split us into different parts of the plane multiple times. Other times one of us suddenly had no seat assignment. About 2 weeks before our departure we had to cough up $30 to get a seat assignment on one flight after our niece was kicked off it.

We never recieved email notifying us of these larger changes to our tickets however we did recieve several indicating small changes in the departure or arrival times.

I've never seen anything like it and it was extremely frustrating. Something has certainly changed with Princess "EA" and it's not good.

Delta just changed my flight times yesterday. They moved my seats on the flight to Seattle; did not move my seats for return flight to Cincinnati. No notification. I check my Delta app every few days. I moved my seats back to where I had them for the outbound flight. The flight times changed by ten minutes on first flight and 30 on second flight. Again, no one notified me.

After using easy air many times without incident we had multiple issues on flights for our med voyage in April. There were four of us traveling together. Over the 6-8 weeks leading up to our departure I was on the phone several times trying to get unexplained changes to our flights corrected. One time a single passenger was changed to a one way passenger to Europe with no return flights. Another time one was bumped to another TA flight. We also had our seat assignments changed which split us into different parts of the plane multiple times. Other times one of us suddenly had no seat assignment. About 2 weeks before our departure we had to cough up $30 to get a seat assignment on one flight after our niece was kicked off it.

We never recieved email notifying us of these larger changes to our tickets however we did recieve several indicating small changes in the departure or arrival times.

I've never seen anything like it and it was extremely frustrating. Something has certainly changed with Princess "EA" and it's not good.

Delta just changed my flight times yesterday. They moved my seats on the flight to Seattle; did not move my seats for return flight to Cincinnati. No notification. I check my Delta app every few days. I moved my seats back to where I had them for the outbound flight. The flight times changed by ten minutes on first flight and 30 on second flight. Again, no one notified me.

EZ AIr flights?

I had similar problems including removal of paid seat assignments; roundtrip flights changed to no outbound flight to Europe & instead 2 return flights each on different days; no notification & only discovered when I checked my reservation.

However my problems occurred when booking directly with Lufthansa so I'd think your bad experiences were an airline issue & not caused by the EZAir reservation. If the airline's reservation system doesn't discover that computer generated changes resulted in no flight to Europe but 2 return flights on different days, that's a problem with the airline's reservation system.

Similar situation here. Delta changed our flight time by about 1 hour. To their credit they notified us of the time change. Our seats were indicated on that notification and they were the seats we had selected. All looked good.

However. a few days later, I went into CP and noticed our seats had been changed on that flight. I wasn't able to change them back to our original seats either through EZ-Air or through the airlines website as our original seats were blocked so I assume it meant someone else got them. We had not been notified of the seat change.

A couple of cruises ago, had another incident...EZ-Air and Delts again. That time, gate agent couldn't find me and almost didn't let me board...even though I had no problem checking in at home and again at airport (just 2 hours prior to boarding!). Then for the return home, DH tries to check us in for our flight while we are still on the ship. He has a seat and I don't even have a reservation!

Guest Services helped to resolve it with Delta. It turns out that I did have a reservation but somehow our reservation got split up and I was under a different locator and confirmation number! I think this is why I encountered problems when trying to board the first flight. But no one said anything to let us know up front!

Have not have problems when using EZ-Air and UAL or AA. So maybe it isn't EZ-Air that causes the issues but really Delta?

our flights have been changed several times and we were notified by email. Thanks for the reality check to check our seat assignments. We made them so long ago, everything was fine except we had no return seats booked back to our local airport. No big problem. Again, I appreciate the heads up.:o

our last 2 flights with ezair have been a disaster-seats changed, bumped completely, reinstated but to the last row in the plane where seats didn't recline (it was a transatlantic!), wouldnt upgrade-long story but princess blamed both ametican and delta and they blamed princess-no resolution for us-i am done with not so easy ezair!:mad:

Yes, ours were booked through Princess EZ Air. Some of the issues were corrected by Princess and others by Delta and Air France.

Two days ago we were on a Princess Ezair booked flight from Paris to Orlando and the Paris to Miami part was operated by Air France. Best meals and drinks I have ever had on a plane and the worst most uncomfortable seats we ever had on a 777.

But that wasn't the problem, the plane was 65 minutes late into Miami so we just missed our connection to the Miami to Orlando Delta operated flight which was the last flight of the day at 8.10pm, and Delta didn't want to do anything about overnight accommodation or meals , said we would have to contact Air France.

We had no way to contact them so we slept all night on the floor at Gate H11 at Miami airport, not nice for two handicapped seniors.

I don't get it. I am Gold Medallion with Delta; been either Platinum or Gold for 12 years. This year I have been on three different flights with Delta including the July cruise and they have not notified me of changes. All three of my Delta flights changed this year. I have been with United and American; and they have notified me when my trips have changes. Colorado; no I did not use EZ for my cruise. Just pointing out that people need to be proactive so they aren't surprised when they show up to print their boarding passes..

I found this interesting reading because just last week we had an EZ Air flight from Phoenix to LA and there was someone sitting in my husband's seat on a fully booked flight. We didn't even think that it might be an EZ Air problem but maybe it was. It all worked out for us but this sheds a new light on the situation.

I found this interesting reading because just last week we had an EZ Air flight from Phoenix to LA and there was someone sitting in my husband's seat on a fully booked flight. We didn't even think that it might be an EZ Air problem but maybe it was. It all worked out for us but this sheds a new light on the situation.

My experiences have been that the airline is the source for seat assignments & not EZAir.

our last 2 flights with ezair have been a disaster-seats changed, bumped completely, reinstated but to the last row in the plane where seats didn't recline (it was a transatlantic!), wouldnt upgrade-long story but princess blamed both ametican and delta and they blamed princess-no resolution for us-i am done with not so easy ezair!:mad:

We just had ezair flights with a delta flight number but part of the trip operated by AirFrance and the seats on the 777 were the worst most uncomfortable seats we ever had, and it was a 9 hour flight. And they were not last row, they did recline but just had no lower back support at all.

And just to make it worse the Air France operated transatlantic flight was 65 minutes late into Miami so we missed our connection to our next Delta flight and Delta said it wasn't their problem but to contact AirFrance, we ended up having to sleep on the floor overnight at Miami airport, not fun for 2 handicapped seniors.

We just had ezair flights with a delta flight number but part of the trip operated by AirFrance and the seats on the 777 were the worst most uncomfortable seats we ever had, and it was a 9 hour flight. And they were not last row, they did recline but just had no lower back support at all.

And just to make it worse the Air France operated transatlantic flight was 65 minutes late into Miami so we missed our connection to our next Delta flight and Delta said it wasn't their problem but to contact AirFrance, we ended up having to sleep on the floor overnight at Miami airport, not fun for 2 handicapped seniors.

Why didn't Princess put you up in a hotel?

Why didn't Princess put you up in a hotel?

This was on the way back home from a cruise, would they have done that?

I keep reading on here that Princess are just booking agents.