Received Cancellation Notice from Royal Caribbean for "My Time Dining" Reservations?

Our experience on Harmony was horrible as well. Too many people trying to eat at the same time. They just weren't prepared for it.

We also had a horrible Harmony MTD experience in December, literally all five nights that we went. We stood ln line (with reservations) for an extended period of time while numerous other people walked right in without stopping at the hostess stand. We were told that they were part of large groups that had been assigned large tables for the duration of the ccruise.

How would YOU adjust the show times? 7pm is for late dining and 9pm is for early dining. If you have MTD you have to adjust so you can see one of the shows.

I was able to make MTD reservations for our Empress cruise in November last night on the Planner.

For my Harmony cruise I am in the 8:30 pm for dinner, I have seen the show schedules and the 8:30pm dinner will interfere with booking the shows. I believe that someone posted earlier that the MTD elimination might just be for the Oasis class ships only.

For my Harmony cruise I am in the 8:30 pm for dinner, I have seen the show schedules and the 8:30pm dinner will interfere with booking the shows. I believe that someone posted earlier that the MTD elimination might just be for the Oasis class ships only.

Your basic non reservation shows in the main theatre would be 7pm. Shows usually are 50 minutes.

What ?

If RC is eliminating MTD , that may be it for us with them . This is not like mints on the bed or steel bands on the lido or an increase in gratuities . We started sailing when non set times in the MDR was just getting started . It was our clear choice . We holiday to get away from set schedules .

I find it hard to believe that they would do this and will wait for a formal announcement . Perhaps they will be bringing back smoking in the cabins at the same time .

MTD is always full and very popular so i can think of no logical reason to stop it unless they are a reviseting Dynamic Dining and as all the other main cruise lines offer this type of dining it would be a big mistake by RC.

We are booked for Allure in March, and have all reservations set for MTD. I just checked, and we still have them, so at this point, it is not all after a certain date, not sure if more are coming, however.

MTD is always full and very popular so i can think of no logical reason to stop it unless they are a reviseting Dynamic Dining and as all the other main cruise lines offer this type of dining it would be a big mistake by RC.

BTW we are from the UK and prepaid our gratuitys for MTD and i just checked an hour ago on the C&A cruise planner page and it clearly states the requirement for MTD is to prepay gratuitys.

BTW we are from the UK and prepaid our gratuitys for MTD and i just checked an hour ago on the C&A cruise planner page and it clearly states the requirement for MTD is to prepay gratuitys.

I'm from the UK too and have MTD booked for June and have not prepaid my tips. This policy was changed over a year ago as I sailed last June with MTD and did not pre-pay tips. Much prefer to give cash.

I'm from the UK too and have MTD booked for June and have not prepaid my tips. This policy was changed over a year ago as I sailed last June with MTD and did not pre-pay tips. Much prefer to give cash.

Yes i know but they have not updated their cruise planner web page as it still states you have to prepay tips to be eligible for MTD.

I just checked our reservations for June 2017 on Harmony and our MTD reservations are still there for our party of 9 - I have never had MTD, but they said this was all that was available when I purchased our cruise tickets in May 2016. Now, that I have my entertainment reservations (which took quite a while to do for 9 people), then called C and A to get help with MTD reservations... I sure hope nothing changes in the next 23 days! If we did not have MTD, we would opt for late seating, however, now that would interfere with our show reservations!!

I will be on harmony September 30 2017. There are 6 of us in 3 different rooms. When I booked they told me my time dining was the only seating available. I called the other day to set up my shows and we also made mtd reservations. I really hope this isn't true.

Our family of 8 are on the Harmony October 7th and MTD is set for all 8 of us @ 6:15pm every evening, so hoping it stays that way, as we also have shows booked. However, if it's changed to traditional first seating, hopefully, it won't be set before 6pm!!:rolleyes: Will subscribe to this thread to receive further updates!!:cool:

We have done MTD for our last two RCCL cruises and have nothing but positive things to say about it. We have it booked for our next two RCCL cruises, so I hope they do not do away with the concept. We enjoy early seating, but a couple of days where we are in port late, we love the flexibility of being able to make a slightly later reservation in the MDR for dinner. We are not looking to go to the pay restaurants and our family enjoys the service in the MDR, which you do not get at the buffet. Makes the vacation more special and memorable.

The two times I was forced to have MDT it was annoying. Some people hate being on a fixed schedule, but yet so many people that have MDT reserve the same time every day. Is that not a fixed schedule. Maybe, they are discovering that more people are doing this, which really takes away from the concept. I also noticed many people after the first night are asking for the same waiter.

In the older days, seating times were 5:30 and 6:00 - 7:30 and 8:00. Maybe they should go back to that because waiting in lines to eat, is unappealing.

I just don't get waiting in lines on my cruise to eat, when I can just go to my table, know it's ready for me, and eat.

if this would happen there could be a revolt:

everyone would be mandated to book a seating time and then people just wouldnt show up. people would be sitting at tables waiting for others to arrive and they wouldnt. people would complain and it would end

i cannot fathom going from dictated times to free times back to dictatorship. has any other line done this?

Hi all! I'm the OP, and I thought I'd let everyone know that my travel agent called RCCL, and was able to re-book our "my time dining" at 6:00 each day. Yes, we are "those" people that book the same time every day, by request of my mother in law. Traditional dining is not available for the early seating, which is why we booked MTD. Royal Caribbean just now emailed me back today, but just like when I called in, nobody can really tell me why we were cancelled? It's the weirdest thing?! Oh well...I'm sure I won't go hungry, even if they cancel us again!!! Thank you all for the advice!!

Hi all! I'm the OP, and I thought I'd let everyone know that my travel agent called RCCL, and was able to re-book our "my time dining" at 6:00 each day. Yes, we are "those" people that book the same time every day, by request of my mother in law. Traditional dining is not available for the early seating, which is why we booked MTD. Royal Caribbean just now emailed me back today, but just like when I called in, nobody can really tell me why we were cancelled? It's the weirdest thing?! Oh well...I'm sure I won't go hungry, even if they cancel us again!!! Thank you all for the advice!!

I'm glad the sorted this glitch out for you, Royal and I.T. don't equate.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thank you for coming back on to report the update.

I personally think they should just do 3 or 4 seatings and you can pick from those, allowing people to choose different seatings each night, but you have to do it ahead of time and that seating has to have room, otherwise you get what's left. This would be for Oasis class only of course, where people have to book their shows because of the huge numbers of people. If you didn't book ahead, you would just be assigned a time.

I personally think they should just do 3 or 4 seatings and you can pick from those

That math would not work with a two hour allowance for dinner. Now, if they cut down the dining time to 90 min or less, then it might work.