Question on Personal Cups

Sead1783

Hello! My husband and I are taking our first Princess cruise in July. We are thinking of bringing on our own sodas, sparkling water, etc. We also plan to bring our insulated (Yedi) cups to have by the pool. Can we bring these into the bars and restaurants to have Diet Coke, etc. with our meals or is this not allowed? Trying to decide on the drink packages.

Thank you for the help!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Hello! My husband and I are taking our first Princess cruise in July. We are thinking of bringing on our own sodas, sparkling water, etc. We also plan to bring our insulated (Yedi) cups to have by the pool. Can we bring these into the bars and restaurants to have Diet Coke, etc. with our meals or is this not allowed? Trying to decide on the drink packages.

Thank you for the help!

Welcome to Cruise Critic.

We've never had any problems with doing those things.

Yes

Carry on as many non-alcoholic beverages as you like. You can also bring your cup. You will probably have to get your bar, DR, buffet drinks in the ship's cups and transfer them to your cup. It isn't proper to place used cups under a filling fountain.

The soda and more package is $8.05/pp/day gratuity includes. It covers unlimited fountain sodas, juices*, mocktails, milkshakes**. Excludes canned soda. Every cabin has a fridge. You may wish to think if you can get all the soda you want why carry around a cup?

*Juices are no charge during breakfast hours, until about 11am.

**Milkshakes are not available on all ships.

Ok great - thank you! We are trying to not purchase the soda package and just bring what we want on and around the ship. I was worried they wouldn't let us into the bars/restaurants with our own cups.. But it sounds like we can carry them anywhere - so we are good to go! Thanks again!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Many of us would prefer you not use the Buffet or other public drinking facilities to directly fill your cup :-)

Yes,please, use a glass at the drink stations at the buffet. You can then pour the drink into your personal cup.

Sometimes (tho' not always) there's a sign posted to not fill your personal cup. Unfortunately, lots of people can't read.:confused:

Just like those, on NCL, who just walk past the hand cleanser stations!!!!!! And then handle cutlery and crockery before picking up their food without using tongs!! :eek: :eek:

Many of us would prefer you not use the Buffet or other public drinking facilities to directly fill your cup :-)

Op wants to fill the cup with soda they have brought on board, not beverages from the buffet.

THANK YOU for asking this question. I had been wondering about bringing the insulated cup I received when I got the Soda and More Package, the drinking straw has a bit broken off, but still usable. This would mean I could get a refill easier-I have the sticker on my cruise card which I automatically show the bar tender.

THANK YOU for asking this question. I had been wondering about bringing the insulated cup I received when I got the Soda and More Package, the drinking straw has a bit broken off, but still usable. This would mean I could get a refill easier-I have the sticker on my cruise card which I automatically show the bar tender.

If you bought the package (and sticker), you will get a new cup. I have never had a problem with them filling my personal container at the bars. I carry it everywhere and do at times fill it up in the HC.

Op wants to fill the cup with soda they have brought on board, not beverages from the buffet.

Oh Silly Me ! I didn't know I was the only one who did not know that they were going to drink their own drinks and not use the facilities in the buffet. Please excuse my ignorance?