Loss of some Elite perks

Plant

What great Caribbean Princess officers disparaging some of the very people who help keep the company profitable. :(

Have you ever worked retail?

That's how workers keep sane when dealing with obnoxious guests.

See:

https://www.reddit.com/r/TalesFromRetail/

https://www.reddit.com/r/TalesFromYourServer/

The venting is their therapy.

When there is a large number of elite on board, the priority tender benefit is not offered.

Sometimes they do have a special elite area in the room with the tender tickets so there is still some benefit. Sometimes the elite just are treated as the non-elite are.

It's become obvious that they need a new higher category above Elite.

Whilst this is true, the problem of 40% of cruisers on a particular sailing being Elite and crowding out the laundry service will not go away if this was split down to 30% Elite and 10% super-Elite. The only way round it is to take the Elite laundry perk away or increase laundry services capacity. It does not matter what you call the top tier/s.

It is patently obvious to everybody that everybody cannot be Elite! A 90% Elite cruisers population will deter newcomers.

Regards John

Whilst this is true, the problem of 40% of cruisers on a particular sailing being Elite and crowding out the laundry service will not go away if this was split down to 30% Elite and 10% super-Elite. The only way round it is to take the Elite laundry perk away or increase laundry services capacity. It does not matter what you call the top tier/s.

It is patently obvious to everybody that everybody cannot be Elite! A 90% Elite cruisers population will deter newcomers.

Regards John

No it wouldn't help with the laundry situation but would sure improve the preferred tender boarding.

That perk has become so diluted in recent years it hardly can be considered a real perk any longer. :(

Another higher level is needed. Elite is too easy to achieve with number of cruises being a criteria.

We have been on many long cruises and sometimes laundry takes three days and the last cruise we were on the laundry was always back the next night. We just adjust and do not worry about it and also have found out that some cabin stewards will make it happen faster if you are really nice to them.

We are not overtly impressed with Elite benefits on Princess but like the OBC's that Princess allows and that is what we find of value when cruising with them.

Maybe a solution might be if you qualified for Elite with short cruises you get these perks as Elite (i.e. not laundry) and if you qualified for Elite by sailing a large number of days you get another set of perks. (i.e. free laundry).

Many travel programs such as the airlines, hotels, etc. not only require a certain number of trips or stays now but also require a certain amount of money spent to achieve status. I would be for this too instead of adding another Elite level. Money spent could cut a lot of Elites out of the mix who book short cheap cruises to qualify. :cool::)

Edited by PrincessLuver

Regards John

Another solution that takes a while to be realized would be to raise the bar for making Elite. A higher number of days / cruises would eventually reduce the Elite population through "attrition". Of course the moaning and groaning from all the current Gold/Ruby/Platinum members could be eliminated by allowing them to qualify under current rules.

Another solution that takes a while to be realized would be to raise the bar for making Elite. A higher number of days / cruises would eventually reduce the Elite population through "attrition". Of course the moaning and groaning from all the current Gold/Ruby/Platinum members could be eliminated by allowing them to qualify under current rules.

We can speculate all we want...and it does make for good discussion on CC.....BUT are we really that native to think the cruise lines care about us and our status.....

Being someone who has been around for awhile...cruising that is and life 2;p I have cruised mainly 2 different lines....

RCI & Princess....I have watched since the early 90's how both lines geared up with their perk programs and that have changed so much...if one looks back in history they will know that certain perks were not offered 10+ years ago

I'll give a couple of examples...for Princess.....stock ownership and military OBC, so if removed cruisers would adjust.

Since this is a Princess thread...I won't go into details about RCI, however, both lines took away the ability to re-fare(refund) after final payment. Just like airlines did on international fights.

Here are some recent Princess changes that we as cruisers had adjusted to...

paying for excursions upfront, increase in drink package(2016 sip & sale promo was changed on us who booked in advance, no "grandfathering") price increase on Caribe balcony Cabins and Club Class...etc..etc..

We can complain and demand all we want...but in this economy right now their is another person waiting in the world to take your place..... clueless and inexperienced, willing to pay more and demand less....Just sayin'

Enjoy....

Edited by land lover

I heard from a good source at Princess that they have been talking about changing the perk program according to the amount you have spent on cruises. Many complain that people are doing the short cruises to push up their cruise numbers, well, this would not help them. I really think that would be a great idea. Then the people that just do longer cruises which cost more, would come our ahead.

I heard from a good source at Princess that they have been talking about changing the perk program according to the amount you have spent on cruises. Many complain that people are doing the short cruises to push up their cruise numbers, well, this would not help them. I really think that would be a great idea. Then the people that just do longer cruises which cost more, would come our ahead.

Interesting ... but my guess would be that a short cruise in a suite would be more $$$ than a longer sailing in an inside. A different discussion then would ensue about who reached status by truly earning it ... and who reached levels by dking short trips.

It is Princess' program and they can remold it any way they want ... and Princess knows that, no matter what they do, there still will be unhappinesses.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-J320A using Forums mobile app

Is this what is spent on the cost of cruise fare or what is spent on the ship during the cruise?

Wonder if Princess reads these suggestions?

I think free laundry tokens for Elite is a brilliant idea from Cruise Critic member - Getaway101

In the next postcruise "comments and feedback" we should suggest this idea. Influence by power in numbers.

I think free laundry tokens for Elite is a brilliant idea from Cruise Critic member - Getaway101

In the next postcruise "comments and feedback" we should suggest this idea. Influence by power in numbers.

There is anecdotal evidence as well as some verified Princess Cruises posts on Cruise Critic that suggest they do indeed follow this forum.

It has been a while since I've seen a Princess Cruises post but IIRC it had to do with the replacement of crappy balcony furniture (the too small tables I think) with something better.

Some members have mentioned that now and then members of the ship's staff have said things at Meet and Greets that confirm they read the forum as well.

Why would I want to fight it out in some shipboard laundramat, where I have to waste my time guarding my

stuff...

vs.

...sending it out?

Tracking spending would be difficult...turn over is so quick..If I am cruising several cruises in one year how do they play catch up with their antiqued system.

When u think about it so many ships around the world.....port,(strikes, unrest in a city) weather and mechanical problems it's amazing they keep it together.

Why would I want to fight it out in some shipboard laundramat, where I have to waste my time guarding my

stuff...

vs.

...sending it out?

Amen. There are some elites who brag they don’t use the laundry perk. Fine. They don’t Need to screw it for those who do.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Loyalty programs were never a promise, at least not on any line that I'm aware of. They are what they are today and if a line chooses to change them, such is life.

I haven't noticed Princess cutting perks the way some other lines have. I guess the idea is to enjoy it while we have them.

I would think the important number for Princess is money spent per day sailed. I am not aware that those 'special' people who only take long cruises are noted for being big spenders. It could well be that two or three pax sailing the same time would spend more.

Is this what is spent on the cost of cruise fare or what is spent on the ship during the cruise?

That is a good question. Does what you spend and use obc for it count ? On one long cruise I had $1800 in obc. What about medical bills? Last spring I had a $1900 medical bill.

Who knows what they will do, if anything.

I would think the important number for Princess is money spent per day sailed. I am not aware that those 'special' people who only take long cruises are noted for being big spenders. It could well be that two or three pax sailing the same time would spend more.

From what I have heard, the new cruises spend the most. The want pictures, and ship soveniers, and do the ship's tours. Then they come here and learn how to save money.

Based on number of days and what was paid for cruise.....airlines and hotels do care somewhat how many short flights or stays you have had but they also tie that to a yearly spend level for customers to gain status levels....only Princess will know what a passenger is worth to them and not some false assumptions made on CC about who big spenders are.....:cool: