Which Ship Would You Choose and Why

I would miss the outside promenade deck, a nice Solarium pool, mini golf with real golf balls, shows without reservations.

Just off a 10 day Serenade and 14 day Rhapsody. Eat, drink, sleep, repeat.

I need more to do. Centrum is a bad design.

Half the promenade is smoking

Bring your own golf balls

Better shows on Oasis, ie ice skating, diving, dedicated comedy club

Beach pool

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Forums mobile app

Just off a 10 day Serenade and 14 day Rhapsody. Eat, drink, sleep, repeat.

I need more to do. Centrum is a bad design.

Half the promenade is smoking

Bring your own golf balls

Better shows on Oasis, ie ice skating, diving, dedicated comedy club

Beach pool

I'll give you the beach pool, that's pretty nice. Don't like the centrum much either.

Speaking of bad design, the Oasis class Windjammer is not going to win any design awards.

I'll give you the beach pool, that's pretty nice. Don't like the centrum much either.

Speaking of bad design, the Oasis class Windjammer is not going to win any design awards.

Yea, I got lost in there once.

Really no need to even go there anyway. JR or wipe out for breakfast, Park Cafe for lunch. There's just so many food options. [emoji2]

Centrum might be better if they bring back the Ariel shows. Using it for Zumba, bad idea

.... and I'm really looking forward to what will be my next bucket list cruise vacay in three months on port intensive Greek/Med b2b on Jewel :D

Hi Hoopster! Jen and I are doing the 9 night Greek Isles cruise on Jewel next year (Sept 2018), so we're hoping you have a great "bucket list" cruise this year.....and we will eagerly follow any post cruise review(s) you might do! :D

Pleased to see all the love for the smaller ships, particularly Radiance Class. I expected to be disappointed on my first Radiance Class cruise (Serenade) but really loved the port-intensive itinerary and figured I'd be off the ship so much of the time anyway. I was pleasantly surprised! While I also love the Voyager Class, the Radiance class is my hands-down favorite. It's more intimate. Activities are more participatory, rather than spectator. (Think 70s party, The Quest) I love being able to eat breakfast outside. That's really a HUGE deal for me! Nothing like watching the ship pull into port while sipping my morning coffee. I love all the glass constantly reminding me that I'm AT SEA and not ON LAND. Virtually no lines for MyTime Dining and no need to make reservations in advance for shows or specialty dining. The pool is small, there are fewer food options and there's no ice show, but I willingly trade those things for the charm of the Radiance ships! To be transparent, I've not experienced the newer ships because of cost, my preference for port intensive itineraries and because I found the Freedom Class to be simply a more-crowded version of my preferred Voyager Class.

Another vote for Radiance class.

We've done the Caribbean twice with Jewel, Alaska with Radiance, and, hopefully, we'll be again on Radiance from Sydney to NZ :D

Tried Allure and Anthem. Radiance remains a favorite.

Thank you for the feedback. I am getting a lot of votes for the Radiance class of ships

We like Harmony and Allure because we liked sitting on Central Park plus the range of things to do is enormous.

I was on Allure and also liked Central Park; it was usually quiet with a string quartet playing music. But it did get a little hot in there too.

AF - 1 we came into Sydney, two days pre cruise, boarded the Radiance for the 13 day NZ, returned to Sydney for 9 days, taking the Blue Mountain Tour and a southern trip along the Coast to Jarvis Bay, our daughter and husbands Sister took two days of the 9 and flew to Queensland, then we boarded the Radiance for the 18 day Transpacific to Honolulu finishing with the 12 day Hawaiian Islands & cruise back to Vancouver. It was a sad day as we had to say goodbye to our 18 year old Kitty two weeks before we flew out.

Another tip for anyone planning a flight to Sydney is to be sure you book your departure date, two days or more before you plan to arrive to allow for the time difference where you live. Example, we wanted to arrive on March 17th so left LAX on March 15th., It was a 15 hour Non stop flight from LAX. Some break up the flight with a stop in Honolulu.

Gay

Wow you were gone for quite a long time. I think a lot of people just hate the long flight from Lax to Sydney. Did you ever get bored being on the ship that long? The trip from Australia backup to Hawaii was long. then another six days to the west coast.

I would miss the outside promenade deck, a nice Solarium pool, mini golf with real golf balls, shows without reservations.

I sometimes feel the larger mega ships where you have to make reservations to do anything on the ship; its too much like going to Las Vegas and trying to make reservations for a show there.

I sometimes feel the larger mega ships where you have to make reservations to do anything on the ship; its too much like going to Las Vegas and trying to make reservations for a show there.

I agree, the show reservation thing adds a small level of stress that is still unwelcome on a vacation.

Sounds like an excellent setup. I have read that prices for restaurants and hotels in Sydney are much higher than we are used to in the states. Thanks for the tip.:)

Sydney is no more expensive that a hotel in NYC. Also restaurant prices here in Australia are all in one price meaning there is no state sales tax to add and you don't have to tip because the waitress etc get paid about $25 an hour at least. By the time you add your American Sales tax and 20% tip I'd say it's cheaper in Australia,

Aussie Cruiser

Pleased to see all the love for the smaller ships, particularly Radiance Class. I expected to be disappointed on my first Radiance Class cruise (Serenade) but really loved the port-intensive itinerary and figured I'd be off the ship so much of the time anyway. I was pleasantly surprised! While I also love the Voyager Class, the Radiance class is my hands-down favorite. It's more intimate. Activities are more participatory, rather than spectator. (Think 70s party, The Quest) I love being able to eat breakfast outside. That's really a HUGE deal for me! Nothing like watching the ship pull into port while sipping my morning coffee. I love all the glass constantly reminding me that I'm AT SEA and not ON LAND. Virtually no lines for MyTime Dining and no need to make reservations in advance for shows or specialty dining. The pool is small, there are fewer food options and there's no ice show, but I willingly trade those things for the charm of the Radiance ships! To be transparent, I've not experienced the newer ships because of cost, my preference for port intensive itineraries and because I found the Freedom Class to be simply a more-crowded version of my preferred Voyager Class.

Thank you for the great feedback. I have been on Voyager,Freedom, and Allure. All have certain special qualities. But so far my fav was the Splendour; so now I need to try Radiance Class. Cheers

By the way I like the new ships and the bigger the better. I've been on Allure, Anthem, Explorer & Ovation. I like Quantum class for Australian based cruises and Oasis Class for Caribbean cruises. Oasis class just offers so much to do - I'm scared to sleep as I don't want to miss anything! I have a South Pacific Cruise booked on Ovation in Jan 2018 and Symphony of the Seas booked for March 2019.... and then I came across Celebrity Edge so I've booked that for March 2019 too to do straight after Symphony - I figure when you flying 28 hours from Melbourne to Miami you have to make it all worth it!

Aussie Cruiser

Edited by RenaeG

Another vote for Radiance class.

We've done the Caribbean twice with Jewel, Alaska with Radiance, and, hopefully, we'll be again on Radiance from Sydney to NZ :D

Tried Allure and Anthem. Radiance remains a favorite.

Me too!! Have been on all four sisters many times, and have Jewel and Brilliance booked again! :hearteyes:

Yea, I got lost in there once.

Really no need to even go there anyway. JR or wipe out for breakfast, Park Cafe for lunch. There's just so many food options. [emoji2]

Centrum might be better if they bring back the Ariel shows. Using it for Zumba, bad idea

We like the Solarium Café for lunch and breakfast. Was really a nice quiet place for lunch even on embarkation day. And a bit more healthy food selections also.

We like the Solarium Café for lunch and breakfast. Was really a nice quiet place for lunch even on embarkation day. And a bit more healthy food selections also.

I never went back once I saw the turkey bacon for breakfast. The horror. [emoji33]

Bucket List

After careful debate both of us tend too agree. Recently did Jewel Seas out San Juan Now DW did a Liberty Seas cruise . And just to make it a change the Oasis Seas is next. In actual thought. We both at present like the smaller Jewel Seas class:D . The Oasis is better for our family this time for up coming cruise , Freedom class:) is our next cruise and second choice out San Juan. . The ship is more our destination. Retired and loving it . Keep on cruising.:tropical-drink:

kruise kat, kruise runner

I am so happy to get a ton of feedback about what size ship everyone loves; and also their bucket lists. So now onto my next question. I have not yet sailed on Ovation or Harmony or Anthem; did Royal correct the windjammer spacing problems on these ships or did they continue to make it smaller in hopes that you spend more money with specialty dining? Thanks

I am so happy to get a ton of feedback about what size ship everyone loves; and also their bucket lists. So now onto my next question. I have not yet sailed on Ovation or Harmony or Anthem; did Royal correct the windjammer spacing problems on these ships or did they continue to make it smaller in hopes that you spend more money with specialty dining? Thanks

Can't say on the Ovation, since it is a class of ship I have not been on (Quantum series), but indeed the WJ on Oasis

(and her three sisters Allure, Harmony, and I am assuming Symphony as well) have a inadequate WJ set up. There are many other free venues for breakfast and lunch on Oasis class. We prefer the Solarium cafe, many like the free breakfast at Johnny Rockets.