Which Ship Would You Choose and Why

When it comes to my bucket list cruises, I base my decisions on the destinations rather than the specific ship. As long as I'm on Royal, I'm happy.

I'd like to do the northern Transatlantic that hits Iceland, the Transpacific with stops in Tahiti, a circumnavigation of Australia, as well as New Zealand. Around the horn is on the bucket list too. Also, Panama and Suez Canals. I'd also like to go back to Alaska on Radiance (or Quantum Class if one ever heads up that way).

Did I read on one of the blogs that Royal is putting a big ship in Alaska next year?

We love the Allure because of the size, and more over because we love the Crown loft suites.

Cannot wait till August.

Safe travels.

I enjoyed Allure; have not been on Harmony; so will try and see if I like that size ship with all the goodies

A Radiance Class ship on a port-intensive itinerary.

Agreed. This combination has resulted in two of my top three cruise vacations ever (the 3rd being Vision) even though for several years Radiance Class was my least fave ship for several reasons.

My next cruise is on a Voyager class ship, but I've done the Jewel out of San Juan (port intensive) twice and we wanted to see some different islands this time.

Voyager Class has been my #1 since day 1 on Royal, followed closely by Q Class. Having said that, since I've been on Jewel in SJU I've sailed on Explorer, Adventure, HOTS & Explorer again, and now I'm kinda yearning for the smaller Radiance Class which surprises me.... and I'm really looking forward to what will be my next bucket list cruise vacay in three months on port intensive Greek/Med b2b on Jewel :D

That would be another dream trip: complete cirumnavigation of Australia, plus NZ, followed by the transpacific back to Vancouver.

Hey Bob, Merion-Mom is getting off Radiance in Vancouver on June 2... 67 days total!!! :o

She started with a Queensland Coast, South Pacific (Vanuatu), TP Sydney-Oahu-Vancouver, and now is b2b 9 day northbound + 7 day southbound to Alaska. What an adventure!!! My hero.

I hope to make it healthy and happy to retirement so I can plan these kind of trips someday.

Hey Bob, Merion-Mom is getting off Radiance in Vancouver on June 2... 67 days total!!! :o

She started with a Queensland Coast, South Pacific (Vanuatu), TP Sydney-Oahu-Vancouver, and now is b2b 9 day northbound + 7 day southbound to Alaska. What an adventure!!! My hero.

I hope to make it healthy and happy to retirement so I can plan these kind of trips someday.

Carol also did that 46-day around the horn trip on Mariner. Two bucket list cruises!

Uncertainty on the bridge. I've been reading the posts on that and it seems that if the tide is right, there should be a few feet clearance, but it might not be enough of a margin for the canal authorities and/or RC to allow it.

Ok....

Then let's make it Vision with Captain Marek!

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Agreed. This combination has resulted in two of my top three cruise vacations ever (the 3rd being Vision) even though for several years Radiance Class was my least fave ship for several reasons.

Voyager Class has been my #1 since day 1 on Royal, followed closely by Q Class. Having said that, since I've been on Jewel in SJU I've sailed on Explorer, Adventure, HOTS & Explorer again, and now I'm kinda yearning for the smaller Radiance Class which surprises me.... and I'm really looking forward to what will be my next bucket list cruise vacay in three months on port intensive Greek/Med b2b on Jewel :D

I have done the Med three times. Once on Splendour, once on Voyager, and once with NCL Jade. Jade was last year out of venice; 14 nights. It was excellent. Thanks for the feedback.

You are most welcome. And thanks for starting the thread...it got my head into dream mode. ;)

It is fun enjoying reading people's bucket lists and what they like and don't like about the different size ships.

AF - 1 we came into Sydney, two days pre cruise, boarded the Radiance for the 13 day NZ, returned to Sydney for 9 days, taking the Blue Mountain Tour and a southern trip along the Coast to Jarvis Bay, our daughter and husbands Sister took two days of the 9 and flew to Queensland, then we boarded the Radiance for the 18 day Transpacific to Honolulu finishing with the 12 day Hawaiian Islands & cruise back to Vancouver. It was a sad day as we had to say goodbye to our 18 year old Kitty two weeks before we flew out.

Another tip for anyone planning a flight to Sydney is to be sure you book your departure date, two days or more before you plan to arrive to allow for the time difference where you live. Example, we wanted to arrive on March 17th so left LAX on March 15th., It was a 15 hour Non stop flight from LAX. Some break up the flight with a stop in Honolulu.

Gay

Winner, winner, chicken dinner.

She'd be great for a long cruise in calm water. So much to do.

I would miss the outside promenade deck, a nice Solarium pool, mini golf with real golf balls, shows without reservations.