Refreshment Package - Limit on Water?

I am researching the Refreshment Package for our upcoming cruise on Allure. I was planning to purchase the soda package AND the Evian bottled water package. But now I'm questioning if it would be better to just get the Refreshment Package since it includes soda and bottled water (and it's on sale for $18). My concern is that I drink a LOT of bottled water. With the Refreshment Package, is there a limitation on how many bottled waters you can get in a day?

My husband and I drink a ton of water too. That package covers regular water and sparkling water if you like that. Also you can get non-alcoholic frozen drinks (strawberry daiquiri, etc) which was nice with that package.

We just got back from a cruise with that package. The first 2 days we asked for 2 bottles as much as possible and then kept them in the room in the chiller which was nice for at night and in the morning and also for the gym. Every once in awhile a server would say they can only bring 1 per person and not 2 per person and we just rolled with it. If we really needed a second one we would just go to another bar.

If you are getting it to drink immediately ask for cold bottles otherwise there is a chance you would get it warm. In the windjammer we found a lot of time they ran out of the cold water, but then we would just get a glass of ice.

Last year on Liberty they had coolers all over the place and you could get 2 of the small bottles at a time with the package. The large (liter?) bottles were still $3.00. We'd hit 2 or three of them on the way off the ship in port and be set for the day.

Not a problem, we usually start to get two bottles at a time once the cabin is ready and try to keep at least 6 available in cabin at all times.

We use those new Ice bags (the ones the champagne comes in) to keep 3 cold at all times.

When you take one, you replace it.

We drink a lot of water and I like it especially at night.

Enjoy

I am researching the Refreshment Package for our upcoming cruise on Allure. I was planning to purchase the soda package AND the Evian bottled water package. But now I'm questioning if it would be better to just get the Refreshment Package since it includes soda and bottled water (and it's on sale for $18). My concern is that I drink a LOT of bottled water. With the Refreshment Package, is there a limitation on how many bottled waters you can get in a day?

Note that while the Refreshment and Deluxe packages do include unlimited bottled water, those bottles will not be Evian. They will be various brands that are not predictable.

• Like 1

• 7 months later...

BTW, if your ship has the coke freestyle machines, there are some nice flavored water options in there, too. Still and Sparkling. I get the refreshment package and like to mix it up between my bottled waters from the various bars and the flavored water from the machine throughout my trip.

Every other day or so I go “water shopping” - I grab a tote bag and take a walk around the ship, stopping at random bars to ask for bottled waters. I put the collection in the room chiller/fridge thing so that I have them in the room when I want them.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Like 1

On my recent oasis sailing, both myself and my wife had the refreshment package. on the first day when getting a bottle of water from the bar I asked if we could get 2 bottles each, and he assured us no problem. Well, examining my account on the tv showed we were both charged for 2 bottles of water each. Went to guest services and they informed me i was charged because I had gotten two drinks and the package only allows one. It was obviously refunded and was little shocked at this. BUT i must add i did notice most bartenders didn't even scan our cards when asking for a bottle of water.

• Like 1

Note that while the Refreshment and Deluxe packages do include unlimited bottled water, those bottles will not be Evian. They will be various brands that are not predictable.

Thank goodness that it is purified water. I think spring water, including Evian, tastes dirty.

Thanks for the info everyone! Indy doesn’t have a Freestyle machine, so I feel like the decision is harder. It’s either I get the coffee card and Evian, or the refreshment package. They’re currently comparable in price.

On a different but related note, can I get any coffee from Cafe Promenade with the refreshment package?

Thanks for the info everyone! Indy doesn’t have a Freestyle machine, so I feel like the decision is harder. It’s either I get the coffee card and Evian, or the refreshment package. They’re currently comparable in price.

On a different but related note, can I get any coffee from Cafe Promenade with the refreshment package?

Yes, you can get specialty coffee at Cafe Promenade with the Refreshment package.

Also, you say your two options are comparable in price, but do you realize that the refreshment package has unlimited water and the Evian package is a specific number of bottles?

Yes, you can get specialty coffee at Cafe Promenade with the Refreshment package.

Also, you say your two options are comparable in price, but do you realize that the refreshment package has unlimited water and the Evian package is a specific number of bottles?

Thanks, and yes. Last January we got the 12 bottle Evian package. Since they came warm and the frig isn't really a frig (didn't know this beforehand), we barely used half of the bottles. The liter bottles are also a little big to be dragging around or off the ship. My only concern with the refreshment package was where I could get it and how often. It's about $25 more than the coffee card and Evian so just want to make sure I'm getting a similar value.

You can get coffee at CP, but what I did not realize is the coffee there is really the various forms of "fancy coffee" and espresso. On NCL the coffee in the buffet is terrible, but there is better basic black coffee sold as an upcharge that is not included in their beverage package. So on RCL you will not need a package to get good coffee, but will need for espresso, and all those other creations I can not spell.

Often times when we ordered a drink by the pool, they brought us a bottled water also (had Deluxe package). I also had no issues getting a Diet Coke and a beer at once.

BTW, if your ship has the coke freestyle machines, there are some nice flavored water options in there, too. Still and Sparkling. I get the refreshment package and like to mix it up between my bottled waters from the various bars and the flavored water from the machine throughout my trip.

Every other day or so I go “water shopping” - I grab a tote bag and take a walk around the ship, stopping at random bars to ask for bottled waters. I put the collection in the room chiller/fridge thing so that I have them in the room when I want them.

I wish the freestyle machines offered the Dasani water without a flavor as an option.

Sent from my LGLS990 using Tapatalk

You can get coffee at CP, but what I did not realize is the coffee there is really the various forms of "fancy coffee" and espresso. On NCL the coffee in the buffet is terrible, but there is better basic black coffee sold as an upcharge that is not included in their beverage package. So on RCL you will not need a package to get good coffee, but will need for espresso, and all those other creations I can not spell.

Often times when we ordered a drink by the pool, they brought us a bottled water also (had Deluxe package). I also had no issues getting a Diet Coke and a beer at once.

My problem is that while I drink coffee every day, I only drink it with flavored coffee creamer. So Cafe Promenade was my only option to get something like mocha. We used the coffee card, but there are a lot of questions on how many punches each drink requires. I'm thinking the refreshment package will allow me to avoid that issue while also getting unlimited bottled water.

Thanks, and yes. Last January we got the 12 bottle Evian package. Since they came warm and the frig isn't really a frig (didn't know this beforehand), we barely used half of the bottles. The liter bottles are also a little big to be dragging around or off the ship. My only concern with the refreshment package was where I could get it and how often. It's about $25 more than the coffee card and Evian so just want to make sure I'm getting a similar value.

For me this would be an easy decision, but YMMV. The coffee card is limited to a certain number of drinks too. So you’ve got two limited options vs one unlimited one.

You can get drinks in more places with the refreshment package than the coffee card. In addition to cafe promenade, I’ve gotten espresso-based drinks in the main dining room, fresh-squeezed OJ in the Windjammer, and water bottles in any bar or counter service place (Sorrento’s, etc). I’ve also gotten non-alcoholic cocktails both on board and at the private islands (consider this if you itinerary stops at Labadee or Coco Cay). And since the free style machines are included in the refreshment package, you can get any of the soda/flavored water combos you want. Cafe Promenade also has specialty teas, so you can get those as well. On my last sailing, I enjoyed a decaf tea latte every evening and it was divine.

I also got a specialty coffee in Chops once, but I can’t remember if that’s a regularly allowed thing or not. Our Chops server was super accommodating and gave our group free wine. He felt bad that I wasn’t partaking of the wine since I don’t drink, so when I asked about the decaf cappuccino he was very excited to be able to get that for me. He did take note of the drink package notation on my card. So specialty coffee in specialty restaurants is a “maybe.”

For me this would be an easy decision, but YMMV. The coffee card is limited to a certain number of drinks too. So you’ve got two limited options vs one unlimited one.

You can get drinks in more places with the refreshment package than the coffee card. In addition to cafe promenade, I’ve gotten espresso-based drinks in the main dining room, fresh-squeezed OJ in the Windjammer, and water bottles in any bar or counter service place (Sorrento’s, etc). I’ve also gotten non-alcoholic cocktails both on board and at the private islands (consider this if you itinerary stops at Labadee or Coco Cay). And since the free style machines are included in the refreshment package, you can get any of the soda/flavored water combos you want. Cafe Promenade also has specialty teas, so you can get those as well. On my last sailing, I enjoyed a decaf tea latte every evening and it was divine.

I also got a specialty coffee in Chops once, but I can’t remember if that’s a regularly allowed thing or not. Our Chops server was super accommodating and gave our group free wine. He felt bad that I wasn’t partaking of the wine since I don’t drink, so when I asked about the decaf cappuccino he was very excited to be able to get that for me. He did take note of the drink package notation on my card. So specialty coffee in specialty restaurants is a “maybe.”

Thanks for the info, and I think I agree it's an easy choice. So since gratuity is charged on the package already, no tip is necessary each time I use it? Or is a tip still going to be expected?

Thanks for the info, and I think I agree it's an easy choice. So since gratuity is charged on the package already, no tip is necessary each time I use it? Or is a tip still going to be expected?

Oh, I am no where near brave enough to engage in a tipping discussion on cruise critic. But I will confirm that you are correct that a gratuity charge is included in the package.