Refreshment Package - Limit on Water?

Thanks for the info, and I think I agree it's an easy choice. So since gratuity is charged on the package already, no tip is necessary each time I use it? Or is a tip still going to be expected?

Gratuity is charged when you purchase your refreshment package and it is up to you if you want to tip more. We have found that the crew members in Cafe Promenade or La Patisserie got to know us and our order and were great, so we tipped them at the end of the week.

So how to get water without the refreshment package? There is water, just not bottled, right? How much is a Coke without the package? -- We are going on a RCCL cruise for the first time, and I was surprised to learn that there will be unlimited food but $$ for water?!

So how to get water without the refreshment package? There is water, just not bottled, right? How much is a Coke without the package? -- We are going on a RCCL cruise for the first time, and I was surprised to learn that there will be unlimited food but $$ for water?!

A can of Coke is just over $4, including gratuity.

You can have water with dinner, but specify you want a glass or pitcher of water, which is free. You also have the option of bottled water at dinner which will be served in large bottles but you will be charged for these.

Glasses of water are available in the Windjammer buffet all day.

And I assume the kids can bring a straw cup to fill with waters? I would have bought the drink packages if I am not required to buy it for every single day of the cruise!

You can have water with dinner, but specify you want a glass or pitcher of water, which is free. You also have the option of bottled water at dinner which will be served in large bottles but you will be charged for these.

Glasses of water are available in the Windjammer buffet all day.

And I assume the kids can bring a straw cup to fill with waters? I would have bought the drink packages if I am not required to buy it for every single day of the cruise!

No problem filling a straw cup to fill with water, but you cannot fill directly from a water dispenser. You must first fill a clean cup and use that to fill your cup.

The bottled water included in the Refreshment package is bottled spring water. The most recent brand has been Ice River Springs.

You know.. you are right, I am not sure why I thought it was purified. Well, at least it tasted better than the Evian they put in the cabin.

• 1 year later...
On 1/7/2018 at 9:40 AM, reallyitsmema said:

The bottled water included in the Refreshment package is bottled spring water. The most recent brand has been Ice River Springs.

On 1/8/2018 at 1:27 AM, Mikew0805 said:

You know.. you are right, I am not sure why I thought it was purified. Well, at least it tasted better than the Evian they put in the cabin.

To update this discussion from January 2018, they still have Ice River Springs water on the ships that we have sailed recently, but they have now switched to a purified water, not the spring water they used to have.  Kind of weird that a spring water company has a purified water also, must be cheaper than the spring water.  Wish they would switch back to spring water.

On 1/6/2018 at 8:03 AM, Biff215 said:

Thanks for the info everyone! Indy doesn’t have a Freestyle machine, so I feel like the decision is harder. It’s either I get the coffee card and Evian, or the refreshment package. They’re currently comparable in price.

On a different but related note, can I get any coffee from Cafe Promenade with the refreshment package?

Indy has the Freestyle machines - in the WJ and on the Promenade

6 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

To update this discussion from January 2018, they still have Ice River Springs water on the ships that we have sailed recently, but they have now switched to a purified water, not the spring water they used to have.  Kind of weird that a spring water company has a purified water also, must be cheaper than the spring water.  Wish they would switch back to spring water.

https://truegradefoods.com/truewater is what was offered on Allure last week.

1 hour ago, reallyitsmema said:

Yes, sometime last year I noticed the switch, and I was quite happy. I actually prefer the purified to the spring. There is something about spring water that I can taste and do not like. That Zephyrhills water around here in Florida tastes like dirt, IMO. It's too bad they don't offer both so everyone can get what they enjoy.

Edited by Mikew0805
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, reallyitsmema said:

We feel the same way. 

3 hours ago, Mikew0805 said:

Yes, sometime last year I noticed the switch, and I was quite happy. I actually prefer the purified to the spring. There is something about spring water that I can taste and do not like. That Zephyrhills water around here in Florida tastes like dirt, IMO. It's too bad they don't offer both so everyone can get what they enjoy.

Just curious, how do you know what dirt tastes like?  LOL

We were able to get the smaller bottles of Evian included with the refreshment package on our Oasis cruise last month. The only place that regularly had them cold was the Vitality cafe.