Pool on Alaskan Cruise

travlin

I will be on the Oosterdam in a few weeks. Is the pool used much on an Alaskan cruise?

Especially the indoor pool might be, as compared to the outdoor pool. Although I have been there when the weather was so nice that people have used the outdoor pool, too.

If there's an "Arctic Swim" event that should be in the outdoor pool, regardless of the weather that day. :eek:

I have found it a kick to be in the hot tub when in Glacier Bay, or whichever glacier the ship visits.

Sailed on the Oosterdam last year not Alaska but it has a great pool. If you want to use the pool and it's 5° or 85, who cares. It's your vacation do you what YOU want to do. have a great time

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Watched Oosterdam go by on Puget Sound on Sunday. Although it was 85° on land on the water it was pretty chilly and the cover on the pool was closed. With the bright sunshine it should have been fairly tropical in there under the glass.

We enjoyed the Lido and Aft pools on Eurodam to Alaska. We pretty much had both pools and hot tubs on the Aft deck to ourselves....except for a few young children with their dads in the Lido.

This was by far the least busy Lido pool of any cruise we have been on. No need to save chairs there were plenty always available.

Both pools were heated and felt great.

We were in one the Aft hot tubs while docked in Juneau in the pouring rain 44 degree weather. (Got a few "what weirdos" looks from some of the Smokers huddled under the coverings)lol [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Depends on weather and temps! Some folks MUST swim if a pool is available. I'm more of an "if I get too hot, I'll get wet" sort of pool person. Hot tubs don't interest me at all.

Alaska can be cold and damp or hot and sunny!