June 2, 2017 Navigator of the Seas Review - Baltic Sea

Not on the Navigator...you don't have to dress all up for the formal nights. Smart casual is "in".. It's your vacation so they want you to be comfortable. The days of dresses suits white shirts and ties are over for us. By this time tomorrow night we'll be getting ready to board our flight from Boston to London... :-)

My thank you's again Jonj...you really did an outstanding job with all your photos, Compass and overall reviews of the 12 nighter.

Don

Everyone has been dressed nice each evening for dinner. Formal nights have seen tuxes, suits, formal gowns and pretty dresses. Have also seen men with jackets but no ties. So a bit of everything.

Thanks for the kind words. I didn't want to do a play by play review of our days and cannot compete with some of the witty reviews I have seen. Wanted to supply some of the information I was looking for when researching and will post a recap in the next few days.

Dinner on night 11 was in the dining room and it was very good.

c935fffe0156bebc4d52781456832d95.jpg

2733b5f268b0e0ba106acc4d6cb5463b.jpg

Duck terrine

56e0c684b2396f8c4e4653a94f55f54a.jpg

Escargot

ab03f2213bb093d4adf1c8679673323b.jpg

Prime rib

7b35060fa1efd0c56055dae8cffb3487.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Edited by jonj

Dottiesnne

The weather on this cruise has been cool and they haven't had the air conditioning on much or not on very high. It has been comfortable.

Brugge - where the ship docks is a working port and you are not allowed to walk around. Shuttle to outside the port gate is provided without charge. Brugge center is approximately a 20 min drive away.

There was a shuttle to the city available right outside the ship for €20 per person round trip. Taxis were available outside the port gate. They were mini van ones and charged per person. There weren't many and not sure if the cost.

There were also buses outside the port gate which seem to have been pre-reserved called cruise express.

We had pre-reserved a taxi which cost €50 each way

Brugge - where the ship docks is a working port and you are not allowed to walk around. Shuttle to outside the port gate is provided without charge. Brugge center is approximately a 20 min drive away.

You can also walk once outside the port to the nearest tram station - about a 15 min walk.

You can also walk once outside the port to the nearest tram station - about a 15 min walk.

Considering the town is only a 20 min ride I would opt for a taxi or shuttle.

jonj, very accurate and excellent review as I remember it.

I did notice they had done away (for this itinerary only?) with smart casual, it was just casual and formal.

Edited by ade1982

It's not the entire cruise that is casual, or smart-casual, it's just the dress code for the evening.

If you look at the cruise compasses that jonj posted, it tells you on the page under "tonight's dinner dress suggestions" what the suggested attire is.

JonJ thanks for your informative review. As an RCL newbie, aboard The Navigator on 22/7, very helpful and built our excitement further.

I do have one question, Regards drinks, as an ex UK cruise tips are included up in the price shown, and nothing further to pay for prices up to $14 if on drinks package. As the English pound is devaluing by the day, good to have our expectations on costs managed.

We have only been on P&O before which was very UK focused, where drinks tips are not expected!

Thanks in adavance to anybody who can confirm.

That is correct the drink prices, at least on our cruise, included the tips. However I am not sure how it will work for Med cruises and VAT tax. Maybe someone with more experience can supply more information.

There is a dock near the Little mermaid statue that I saw. It was for the City Sightseeing bus company which is not the one we used but the one that seemed to be the better choice as their boat tour was a hop on hop off one. Ours was a one hour tour without stops for 40 Danish Krone per person.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

jonj, I notice you used Danish Krona for your boat tour. Did you notice if they accepted Euros in either Denmark or Norway at all.Hubby seems to remember that some places did last time we were there.Have gone through all your Cruise Compasses. Thanks, great reading.Leany:D

However I am not sure how it will work for Med cruises and VAT tax. Maybe someone with more experience can supply more information.

If you have the drinks package before you board there will be no VAT added on top for med cruises. If you buy the package on board there probably will be added VAT but I've always had it before I board so I'm not 100% sure.

That is correct the drink prices, at least on our cruise, included the tips. However I am not sure how it will work for Med cruises and VAT tax. Maybe someone with more experience can supply more information.

It is my understanding that it is only VAT in Spain that is an issue and if an itinerary includes a port which is outside of the EU, even a stop at a Spanish port doesn't result in Spanish VAT being charged.

Gibraltar is the usual stop in Med cruises which results in no VAT being charged.

Therefore, once Brexit kicks in, there's a chance that EVERY cruise of out the UK will automatically have no VAT in Spain!